Sign in to follow this  
FredrikHj

AirDisplay and iPad 2

HiI have a iPad and AirDisplay together with Windeows 7 64-bit!When I am connecting the AirDisplau app in mine iPad I have to every time need to choose the correct unit in my quick launch bar net to the clock!I am would be happu if I can force it to choose automatic when I am starting the airdisplay app in the iPad 2?!Sometimes the app shutdown because of the signal to the WiFi is to poor, can I run the app with a wire connected to the computer instead?Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. 

HiI have a iPad and AirDisplay together with Windeows 7 64-bit!When I am connecting the AirDisplau app in mine iPad I have to every time need to choose the correct unit in my quick launch bar net to the clock!I am would be happu if I can force it to choose automatic when I am starting the airdisplay app in the iPad 2?!Sometimes the app shutdown because of the signal to the WiFi is to poor, can I run the app with a wire connected to the computer instead?Best Fredrik
I use an Android tablet and it also works with USB. I would ask the maker of Airdisplay in their forums.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Sam,Out of curiosity but how do you use your android tablet?As a second monitor I presume but how do you make the connection?Which app do you use or how do you connect through USB.I am asking because I am seriously considering an alternative for my iPad(1) to be used as a second (touchscreen)monitor.So far I haven't been thrilled by the app's for the iPad (weak connection, poor compatibility with windows...)Luc BrusselmansBelgium

"I use an Android tablet and it also works with USB. I would ask the maker of Airdisplay in their forums"What app do you use, I thought air display was only for iPad?I have an Android 2,2 tab and want to use it as a spare monitor on my fsx pc, I tried Screenslider on my HTC phone where it worked well but it won't install on my tablet.Den

"I use an Android tablet and it also works with USB. I would ask the maker of Airdisplay in their forums"What app do you use, I thought air display was only for iPad?I have an Android 2,2 tab and want to use it as a spare monitor on my fsx pc, I tried Screenslider on my HTC phone where it worked well but it won't install on my tablet.Den
I use the IDisplay App. I have it connected to a second networked computer running weather and also the EFB program. I think it would work just as well on the FSX computer.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Yeah, I've just put iDisplay on my tab but I find it very slow and clunky and the touch screen doesn't always line up with the image on the screen. It seems to be misaligned by about 5mm all the time.Den

Try Splashtop XDisplay. It's only £2.99 and works well for me with the NGX!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I am using Airdisplay with my iPad (1) for EFB and I have to say that it works brilliantly. The delay is barley noticeable when using a mouse and not at all when using EFB in touchscreen mode (awesome feature btw). To the O.P.: I don't think the automatic connection you have in mind is possible at the moment, but I'd contact the developer if it is important to. Personally I have no issues clicking a connect button once everytime I start the sim. Usually hours of summing ensue without further need for intervention.

HiI have some topics to clear out:1 - When I am Trying to open a pdf document in the libary in Avisoft EFB, the efb cannot find any program to open the pdf and show i prompt where I must save the file before I can open it. Is there a way to open it directly when I am clicking on the file in the library?2 - When I ha the program in my iPad 2 the sound is mute in FSX and do not return before I am clicking in the fsx frame?Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

1 - why would you be trying to open a pdf document inside of EFB? I never ever had any need for that.2 - that is typical problem of windows and FSX, nothing to do with an iPad specificallyYou must understand this:iPad is running as a 2nd display on the computer. Anything you do on it, is the same as you would be doing on a real 2nd display. Behaviour of FSX including.You probably have to run windowed too, full screen would remove the EFB from the iPad.There is no cure for what you're experiencing, since iPad acts as a desktop extension.And yes, you have to click connect every time you connect the iPad - how do you think it would work otherwise? Each time it's near it automatically connects?? :) Dream on, hehehe...Only solution is basically running iPad off the 2nd computer, like I do, off the laptop.

HiBecause I like to have all include the pdf manual in one place but I can use pdfkneeboard in fsx or if I can run EFB on a laptop the problem is gone :)How it is working woth efb on a laptop and I supose that you have airdisplay on it too?!Best FredrikHi againOtherways the EFB is wonderful addon/software!Fredrik

Then use your laptop.Yes, EFB is wirelessly in the network and my laptop is running the airdisplay software. It immediately recognizes the iPad and I can connect.

Why make it harder than it could be?Fredrik

Hello everyone.I too have an ipad, and have been trying to use it as a second monitor. The thing is, every time I click on something on the Ipad, fsx becomes paused on the other screen. Is it possible to interact with whatever is running on the ipad whithout removing focus from fsx?

Hello everyone.I too have an ipad, and have been trying to use it as a second monitor. The thing is, every time I click on something on the Ipad, fsx becomes paused on the other screen. Is it possible to interact with whatever is running on the ipad whithout removing focus from fsx?
Turn off Pause on Task Switch in your FSX settings

Noah Bryant