Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Best Freeware Airports?

I know where to find the freeware airports, but I have no clue of which are the best.FS9 has some absolutely awesome freeware, like KBOS, KPHL etc.Any recommendations for FSX's best freeware airports?Daniel

I know where to find the freeware airports, but I have no clue of which are the best.FS9 has some absolutely awesome freeware, like KBOS, KPHL etc.Any recommendations for FSX's best freeware airports?Daniel
A simple forum search would reveal some good reading and recommendations. My 3 fav are KMSY, KLAX, KSAN. All available in the Avsim library.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/354979-new-photoreal-klax-is-available-for-free-at-avsim-libraryRay

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Too many to name them all, but these are almost payware quality

• anything by the NL2000 project
  • UK2000 has stripped-down freeware versions for several of their payware airports
  • LCPH v2 by Max Kraus
  • GCLP by Sim Giants
  • EDDF by Mark Aldridge
  • LHDC by LH Simulations

That should keep you busy for the next days or so...

Edited by tom79

More stuff coming to my mind now, but I can't rember them all. Im getting old...

• EGHD v3 by William Mayne
  • lots of smaller Irish airports by George Keogh
  • if you're into bush flying then try the free demo area of Aerosoft's African Airstrip Adventures that has two airstrips (sans ICAO code)
  • KHPL by SunSkyJet is being ported to FSX, just need to wait a little...

I think the best freeware airport is Bowerman from FTX. It's stunning. All you need is the free time-unlimited demo of the PNW area and Bowerman is now included. Beautiful!http://fullterrain.com/product_demos.html

Edited by St Mawgan

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Guest jahman

All the ORBX freeware airports here (underlying payware scenery required).Cheers,- jahman.

All three airports Max Kraus has done, Barbados, Paphos, and some other that the name escapes me. Very well done, payware quality and easy on FPS. Plus you can get them all here in the Avsim library.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Holy cow, those lhsimulations sceneries are first class. This is a very helpful thread, I'm also a pretty recent FS9 convert.Thanks all for your suggestions, keep them coming ;-)Cheers,Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

All three airports Max Kraus has done, Barbados, Paphos, and some other that the name escapes me. Very well done, payware quality and easy on FPS. Plus you can get them all here in the Avsim library.
Sean, excuse my spelling, Maritues on the african coast. Those sceneries from Max are truly a work of art.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I just installed the FIMP scenery package (the 3rd one that is hard to remember or spell correctly). It is not just a major airport with all that goes with it, it is an entire island. Very well done. Even includes the pdf charts and approaches. I still don't know for sure where it is in the world but it is fun to fly in and around.From Max Kraus' readme file . . .Mauritius International Airport (also known as Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam or SSR International Airport)(IATA: MRU, ICAO: FIMP) is located at Plaine Magnien, near Plaisance and 26 nautical miles (48 km) southeast of Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius. It is named after Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam (1900–1985), who was the first Prime Minister of Mauritius. It receives major long haul flights from all over the world can serve aircraft up to 747/A340.The airport has one, ILS equipped runway 14/28 with a terminal that can serve up to 6 aircraft at dedicated jetway gates. There is also remote parking served by airside buses.Recommended. Enjoy. EDIT: After writing this post I went back to my plane and punched in the NRST on the GPS - only two other airports came up and I have never heard of either of them either. I zoomed out until the Earth filled my screen and recognized Saudi Arabia maybe 1,000 or more miles away. I think it is East of Africa.I googled it and it looks like a great vacation spot, wind surfers, golf course, 4 wheelers, pretty girls, some kind of wildlife that looks tamed, and blue water with pretty white sand beaches. Garden spot in the Indian Ocean, due east of Madagascar. 9,442.1 miles from my front porch.Ray

Edited by raymar

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I just installed the FIMP scenery package (the 3rd one that is hard to remember or spell correctly). It is not just a major airport with all that goes with it, it is an entire island. Very well done. Even includes the pdf charts and approaches. I still don't know for sure where it is in the world but it is fun to fly in and around.From Max Kraus' readme file . . .Mauritius International Airport (also known as Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam or SSR International Airport)(IATA: MRU, ICAO: FIMP) is located at Plaine Magnien, near Plaisance and 26 nautical miles (48 km) southeast of Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius. It is named after Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam (1900–1985), who was the first Prime Minister of Mauritius. It receives major long haul flights from all over the world can serve aircraft up to 747/A340.The airport has one, ILS equipped runway 14/28 with a terminal that can serve up to 6 aircraft at dedicated jetway gates. There is also remote parking served by airside buses.Recommended. Enjoy.EDIT: After writing this post I went back to my plane and punched in the NRST on the GPS - only two other airports came up and I have never heard of either of them either. I zoomed out until the Earth filled my screen and recognized Saudi Arabia maybe 1,000 or more miles away. I think it is East of Africa.I googled it and it looks like a great vacation spot, wind surfers, golf course, 4 wheelers, pretty girls, some kind of wildlife that looks tamed, and blue water with pretty white sand beaches. Garden spot in the Indian Ocean, due east of Madagascar. 9,442.1 miles from my front porch.Ray
Reunion is very close to Mauritius Ray. FranceVFR has Reunion as a payware addon. I use the FS2004 version in FSX. Air Austral flies out of Reunion and until March they fly to Sydney. World economic conditions have made them cancel the YSSY flights with their 777s.Air Mauritius flies here to my home city once or twice a week. It then flies to Melbourne.It would be nice to have (or make I shall) a photoreal scenery of Mauritius.Daniel YPPH