Sign in to follow this  
Gaiiden

Harrier Jump Jet issues

Copying this out of the unofficial Wilco support forum as there's been no response there since I posted a few days ago. I have two major problems with the Harrier Jump Jet and I was wondering if they are shared by others.1 - the engine sounds "skip" at the end before looping. Listening to the individual WAV files in the /sound folder I heard this skipping clearly in the three files BAN21, BAN22 and BAN23.2 - neither the taxi lights nor the landing lights appear when the switches are turned on.Anyone with this product have these issues?

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

I haven't noticed these specific issues, but I do wonder if they were planning on putting out a patch to address the hud layered below the external windvane and the compass/attitude indicator being stuck in North..-Damien

Guest jahman
1 - the engine sounds "skip" at the end before looping. Listening to the individual WAV files in the /sound folder I heard this skipping clearly in the three files BAN21, BAN22 and BAN23.
You can always edit the sound files to your liking. Get Reaper free.Cheers,- jahman.

I haven't noticed these specific issues, but I do wonder if they were planning on putting out a patch to address the hud layered below the external windvane and the compass/attitude indicator being stuck in North..-Damien
Among many, many other things! Can you double-check these two items? It sounds like you don't recall or haven't ever used the landing/taxi lights and thus don't know.Thanks Jahman I actually fixed both problems already I'm not here looking for a solution just want to make sure it's not just me and my setup. With all the customizing people do with FSX these days I wouldn't be surprised if it was some tweak I did months ago that makes the landing/taxi lights not work, for example

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

2 - neither the taxi lights nor the landing lights appear when the switches are turned on.
Acually, there is only one switch in the VC (switch 48 in the pilot's guide: the taxi light, see tooltip).As far as I know, a real Harrier has no taxi light, but two landing lights in the nose gear: an approach light (with several intensities) and an auxiliary light. The latter being used as taxi light.But if all these functions and logic would have been implemented according to real-life specs, this would be another class of addon with quite a different price tag, I guess :)That said: in this HJJ only the auxiliary light appears to be modelled, and is controlled by the FSX landing lights function.Unfortunately, the TaxiLight switch in the VC doesn't appear to do anything (it should toggle the FSX Landing Lights function, but it doesn't). You could call that a bug/oversight/... or whatever :)However, you can visualise this nosegear light, including the ground reflection, with the "Toggle Landing Lights" command (default key: Cntr-L).Cheers, Rob Edited by rcbarend

Acually, there is only one switch in the VC (switch 48 in the pilot's guide: the taxi light, see tooltip).
Yea that panel guide has a couple of errors in it, and not pointing out the landing light switches (of which there are two for two lights as you say) just behind and left of the throttle column is one of them.
However, you can visualise this nosegear light, including the ground reflection, with the "Toggle Landing Lights" command (default key: Cntr-L).
Well I re-installed the aircraft and tried using the landing lights keystroke I have assigned and - nothing. Day or night no light comes on from the (single) light on the nose gear.You have a screenshot of the landing light?

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Yea that panel guide has a couple of errors in it, and not pointing out the landing light switches (of which there are two for two lights as you say) just behind and left of the throttle column is one of them.Well I re-installed the aircraft and tried using the landing lights keystroke I have assigned and - nothing. Day or night no light comes on from the (single) light on the nose gear.You have a screenshot of the landing light?
See attached picture.Note the light on the nose gear, and the illuminated runway.Of course, you need to have the option "Aircraft Landing LIghts illuminate ground" (in menu Options Settings Display, tab Aircraft) enabled.Rob

Huh. Bummer I can't get the default light to work. I just installed a Shockwave3D landing light instead, but thanks for proving it's just something with my FSX setup that's preventing the light from showing.

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog