•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

Excel Airways repaint request

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jetset408

Jetset408

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 2 Months and 16 Days Ago.

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hi allMay I request two repaints for our fabulous PMDG 737-800:- the original Excel Airways colours with the stylised "e" on the engine (see G-XLAH on Airliners.net)- the final XL.com colours (similar to XL France which is in Avsim already) (see G-XLAL on Airlines.net)Appreciate your consideration.Regards,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 738

Member - 1,000+

• Gallery Owner
  • 1,231 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 6 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

Yes....i'd love this one too, we came back to gatwick from chania with XL two days before they went bust!I liked that airline :(

#3 Jetset408

Jetset408

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 171 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 2 Months and 16 Days Ago.

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

Yes....i'd love this one too, we came back to gatwick from chania with XL two days before they went bust!I liked that airline http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emot...

I did a year earlier on that exact route... although on a 767-200. You were lucky. I remember the news reports with stranded people. I saw it on CNN in America where i was holidaying at the time. Sad days. I liked them too - was nice for there to be 3 big operators in the skies vs. the 2 (well, 1.5) that there are now.

#4 738

Member - 1,000+

• Gallery Owner
  • 1,231 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 6 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Yeah it must have been chaotic for the stranded people..lucky we were indeed!Shame coz the planes wore that XL liverie well.

#5 KimberlyRJ

KimberlyRJ

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 4 Months and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

Hi allMay I request two repaints for our fabulous PMDG 737-800:- the original Excel Airways colours with the stylised "e" on the engine (see G-XLAH on Airliners.net)- the final XL.com colours (similar to XL France which is in Avsim already) (see G-XLAL on Airlines.net)Appreciate your consideration.Regards,

Oh it would be great to gave a British livery - I mean of a British airline... I think people had requested this repaint before but nothing has been painted yet.Maybe PMDG will do a repaint when they launch their B739ER - as Excel/XL had ordered the type...Kimberly Richmond-Jones