Sign in to follow this  
newthog

DLC

At the risk of starting another string of "Microsoft hates us" posts, what sort of downloadable content are YOU interested in, and also which do you feel will be most desirable by new "members of the flock"?This all assumes, of course, happiness with the initial download of MSFlight and reasonably priced DLC. I'm primarily a VFR type of guy, so I would be happy purchasing the rest of the islands and just putzing around for a while. I think that people who are enticed by their initial taste of computer aviation would perhaps be interested in different planes - for me, when I started, it wasn't so much what I was flying over, it was WHAT I was flying.So - please share your thoughts if you will.Thanks!

Absolutely nothing if our add-on developers are excluded out of the process.I'm curious to see what others write seeing some are now fine with a Microsoft only world.smiley-face-popcorn.gif

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

A high fidelity airliner with every single aircraft system modelled in exacting detail, with 100% accurate flight dynamics and immersive surround sounds.Some high res photographic scenery with accurately placed, custom overlay autogen for the UK would be nice too, as well as any UK airports modelled inch for inch.Or even a World Scenery Pack that adds the rest of the world. But that's me. I expect the new crowd will be satisfied with a new set of hoops to fly through or some more coins to collect.

Edited by Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

A high fidelity airliner with every single aircraft system modelled in exacting detail, with 100% accurate flight dynamics and immersive surround sounds.Some high res photographic scenery with accurately placed, custom overlay autogen for the UK would be nice too, as well as any UK airports modelled inch for inch.
I'm afraid that is not even the case with the best 3PD addons we have currently. No PC flight sim has ever delivered "100% accurate flight dynamics". PMDG is very close to "every single aircraft system modelled in exacting detail", but not 100% exact.Even the best flytampa, fsdt, and orbx airports are modeled foot by foot at best, far from "inch for inch".You have way too much expectation from what is possible at this point.

A high fidelity airliner with every single aircraft system modelled in exacting detail, with 100% accurate flight dynamics and immersive surround sounds.Some high res photographic scenery with accurately placed, custom overlay autogen for the UK would be nice too, as well as any UK airports modelled inch for inch.Or even a World Scenery Pack that adds the rest of the world.But that's me. I expect the new crowd will be satisfied with a new set of hoops to fly through or some more coins to collect.
Dream on!

Absolutely nothing if our add-on developers are excluded out of the process.
Hahahah.......lik MS care about what you just wrote read.gif ......if you can't spend more $$ on new addons because you have to much $$ invested in FSX I can understand your frustration about Flight banghead.gif , lets see what you'll do because Flight.....well....lets just wait and see.

The wishlist:ATC that does a better job of timing. For example, the a/c ready to go at the hold point will likely be gone before the a/c on downwind needs the runway. Holding patterns for AI (and the user, if they're so inclined) to reduce the seemingly incessant go arounds. Also, being cleared to continue a climb before reaching the previously cleared alt/FL. This implies nav beacons, airways, etc.Aircraft through the ages. FS9 has a great range of older aircraft available - even in the default A/C. I'd love a really good quality Fokker F-27 (particularly) or DC-4/6/7/Connie type, and a wide range of period liveries. having the Stearman up front is a good sign. Anything flown by Hawaiian or Aloha would be appropriate to start with. :wink:I won't go into which parts of the world I'd want to fly in - that's going to be entirely personal opinion. I tend to follow the scenery, rather than hope the scenery available will come to me - although I've been rather lucky with FSX. I have to admit that I prefer the current model - all of the world to some degree, then expand on it from there rather than just doing small parts well.Somwhere for users to upload repaints - since that will expand the pool faster than commercially viable without significantly reducing revenue (and maybe help win back some of the nay-sayers).Mike D

My post was slightly sarcastic!However, that said, aircraft-wise I would expect the level of quality we're used to from the likes of Level D and PMDG. Scenery-wise I don't think asking for a World Pack is an unreasonable request, seeing as we're already used to it. Simply put, Flight DLC scenery would have to rival what has been done for FSX by third party developers before I would even consider it.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Hahahah.......lik MS care about what you just wrote read.gif ......if you can't spend more $$ on new addons because you have to much $$ invested in FSX I can understand your frustration about Flight banghead.gif , lets see what you'll do because Flight.....well....lets just wait and see.
Simmarket, Flight1, The Avsim Store, Flightsim.com, all crap. Let's go with Microsoft DLC... :( Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

aircraft-wise I would expect the level of quality we're used to from the likes of Level D and PMDG
You will never see this from a default MS airplane.
Flight DLC scenery would have to rival what has been done for FSX by third party developers before I would even consider it.
You will never need to consider it then because it is never going to happen.It looks like Flight will not be for you unless you lower your expectations way down.

You will never see this from a default MS airplane.You will never need to consider it then because it is never going to happen.It looks like Flight will not be for you unless you lower your expectations way down.
Jim, youuuuu :( :(
Simmarket, Flight1, The Avsim Store, Flightsim.com, all crap. Let's go with Microsoft DLC... :(
I've never said that.....slap.gif

You will never see this from a default MS airplane.You will never need to consider it then because it is never going to happen.It looks like Flight will not be for you unless you lower your expectations way down.
You have a point - the default aircraft in any Microsoft offering have NOT been up to the level of some of the third party developers. However, that raises a couple of interesting (to me at least) questions that I doubt will be answered until at least release, and possibly further down the road...Will there be different price points for different "levels" of aircraft? Microsoft has prior experience with this in their other online stores, so I hope it will carry over. I also hope that it is a reasonable price point, but again time will tell...Also - will some members of third party development teams either begin employment with Microsoft, or sell the exclusive license (for MSFlight, or for all Microsoft sims) to Microsoft for something they've created? Again I feel only time will tell...The major point I keep coming back to in my rambling thinking is that Microsoft is NOT doing this for fun, to put all third party developers out of work, or because they have a vendetta against the flght sim community. They want to make money - and a product that is not well received, enjoyable, and supported will NOT make money. So (I would think) they want to appeal both to the current enthusiasts - who have shown by voting with their wallets the appeal of good download content - and bring new enthusiasts into the fold by making it easier to get started.Again - just my thoughts - thanks for the feedback!

You have a point - the default aircraft in any Microsoft offering have NOT been up to the level of some of the third party developers. However, that raises a couple of interesting (to me at least) questions that I doubt will be answered until at least release, and possibly further down the road...Will there be different price points for different "levels" of aircraft? Microsoft has prior experience with this in their other online stores, so I hope it will carry over. I also hope that it is a reasonable price point, but again time will tell...Also - will some members of third party development teams either begin employment with Microsoft, or sell the exclusive license (for MSFlight, or for all Microsoft sims) to Microsoft for something they've created? Again I feel only time will tell...The major point I keep coming back to in my rambling thinking is that Microsoft is NOT doing this for fun, to put all third party developers out of work, or because they have a vendetta against the flght sim community. They want to make money - and a product that is not well received, enjoyable, and supported will NOT make money. So (I would think) they want to appeal both to the current enthusiasts - who have shown by voting with their wallets the appeal of good download content - and bring new enthusiasts into the fold by making it easier to get started.Again - just my thoughts - thanks for the feedback!
Yes, for some DLC there will be basic and deluxe versions. But the question is, how well the deluxe version will be made and what will be the price point.

Tom has or had a poll (I can't find it) going on about how much were we welling to pay for Flight's addons......why would that be?? :(

Yes, for some DLC there will be basic and deluxe versions.
Can you point me to where MS has said this?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.