Sign in to follow this  
GoranM

New scenery pix

Kai Tak, my home airport! I'm IMPRESSED! Looks stunning. St Maarten too! And that South African 747 ... something is wrong with its flaps? blum.gif But this looks...awesome!

Edited by Clem Wu

Some great work being achieved here. I had a look back there at the site and he says the shots are not doctored but are straight from the sim.It shows what XPX is capable of and the exciting thing is, it hasn't been out for 2 months yet. :(

SOME are scenery conversions from FSX. The rest, I don't know. It was done by a gentleman by the name of Kevin Grimm.Because some of it is scenery conversions, and the rest, I'm purely speculating, is done from google warehouse objects, I don't think it's legal for him to make it available for download. This was, in my guess, an example of what X Plane is capable of, less than 2 months after it was released in a beta state.

SOME are scenery conversions from FSX. The rest, I don't know. It was done by a gentleman by the name of Kevin Grimm.Because some of it is scenery conversions, and the rest, I'm purely speculating, is done from google warehouse objects, I don't think it's legal for him to make it available for download. This was, in my guess, an example of what X Plane is capable of, less than 2 months after it was released in a beta state.
OK thanks for the explanation. Looks spectacular. If LR can reach this sort of level for their city buildings, x-plane will reach a whole new dimension! Very exciting imes ahead.

Where would I go to learn to do something similar myself. Lets say wanted to make my own version of an airport.Is there a scenery making tutorial somewhere?

The pics of VHHX and TNCM are definitely FlyTampa conversions. I dont know about the rest. Hopefully this will lead FlyTampa to start converting their scenery to Xplane. With PMDG beginning development, people will need somewhere to fly to!

Daniel Miller

Those are Stunning!! I'm wondering about FPS impact though.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick