Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

04FEB12 Update on SP1c and a few other items...

Good to hear of your potential new endeavors. Keep up the good work.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

So does that mean PMDG will be starting to focus more on Xplane? Damn Microsft. I really wish they fixed FSX instead of making Flight. Ahhhh so frustrating. Oh well, at least we got the NGX eh?
Rick-No- that is not at all what we are saying.FSX is, and will remain the primary platform for PMDG development for the next few years. During that period, we will be looking to expand beyond just the single platform- but this expansion process is not a priority- nor have we committed to "moving" to any patform.Any talk in that regard is completely premature- as FSX still has lots and lots and lots of life in it! (We will be releasing quite a few products for FSX during the coming couple of years!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Friggin Lawyers....Oh, and acknowledgement you're going to make a debut into the X-Plane market.... Thank You! Finally a nudge to install and start tweaking XP10.EDIT: Side note... So when the flight attendant asks if anyone knows how to fly the 737-700 I'm on as the Captain and First Officer both had the fish.... After I raise my hand, walk up to the flight deck and successfully land the plane and save everyone's lives.. Would your legal counsel frown on me saying (as I hoisted a beer in front of the CNN camera no doubt) "This wouldn't have been possible without the efforts of Precision Manuals Development Group. Everyone onboard owes their lives to their NGX simulation, and this pint of beer"...Sorry, couldn't resist... :)

Edited by RedSpinnaker

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

Great news on the SDK & Xplane X development.I also was hoping for something about multicrew, that would make the NGX the ultimate simulation IMO, but it's all good.

Edited by dazz

All of that sounds good. One thing I'm missing though is any mention of the Dash-8. To be honest that's the plane on the currently known PMDG product list I'm most looking forward to. The latest PMDG statement I've seen on the Dash-8 (way back) was that it would be released in between the NGX and the 777. Now obviously development schedules may have changed since then, but can you confirm that a Dash-8 is still in the works?

Edited by japascoe

amazing as always!Thanks again guys for the update! :)Tino,

Sante Sottile

It's good to hear that you guys are branching out to x-plane. X-plane may not be my choice sim at the moment, but at least it is alive and being continually developed. X-plane needs support from developers like PMDG. This can only be a good thing for the flight sim community.

Ed Haslam

Uff, once again the wait for the SDK is going on and, further, it's not known how long ("I anticipate this process taking a few days to a few weeks depending upon what we find"). This could even mean 3-4 months. Everytime there is an excuse to put off the SDK release... At this time we could have been skilled with the FS2Crew first officer interaction, know the checklists by heart, etc.... The SDK is finished? Why not releasing it right now to the developers, instead of delaying an already long delay? So that we could have SP1c and FS2Crew come out together? Uff...

Edited by jgoggi

James Goggi

Hi allThanks Robert and PMDG for the useful update, and I thank you again for NGX it made me/us happier person, however, I think that you guys have an obligation to consider and maybe to fulfill "if possible", the development or let’s say the upgrade of B747 & MD-11 to reach the level of the NGX, I dream (I might keep on) that, one day all of those babies will be at same level of sophistication, and if you guys ask me why??? It’s a simple answer…… I cannot fly any other FSX plan any more after NGX released, so please consider developing all of the older ones and I will be willing (and others I am sure) to pay full price for itm if required.Sorry if this was too much to ask for.Best regards & wishes

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Why not releasing it right now to the developers, instead of delaying an already long delay? So that we could have SP1c and FS2Crew come out together? Uff...
From what I have read between the lines, Brian is more likely than not one of the developers with early access. I would not be surprised if one of the items in SP1c changelog were "full FS2Crew support".That said, I, personally, not considering anything else than publicly available information, consider FS2Crew release within days of SP1c release pretty likely.

Hi,Really good news! Here is what I expect from PMDG for the next years:- Update of the 747 and MD-11 to the NGX level (especially the Service Based Failure)- Dash-8 release- Real time refueling for the NGX, like on the MD-11 and the HDG/TRK button- Maybe an Airbus? Or any liner, that would also be great.Wish you 3 greens,Christopher Schilly

Haha, Robert you may not remember but I thought we had a deal for all that legal advice set up for some block time in the Texan ;)This is all good news and keep workin' at 'er gang, you are all doing good.

I was looking forward to a 700ER/900ER status and maybe even BBJ. Can any word on that info be provided?