Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Secret Project #1: This one is a classic!

I had fingers crossed it was going to be a Gulfstream V, now I just hope these classics want slow development of T7.
Raven-It is pretty clear from your post that you either didn't read what I wrote- or didn't understand it....The MD-11 was a poor performing not just because it sold in mediocre numbers, but because it was a full-on-airliner development cycle with many tens of thousands of hours invested.As I described in my post- this project was/is conceived to keep the developers productive during their various down cycles BETWEEN THE NGX AND THE 777. Some of us on the team won't ever get near this one because our work on the NGX rolled immedaitely to the 777, for example. But other members of the NGX dev team were finished in March of last year- and weren't needed on the 777 until this month. So rather than having them sitting around twiddling thumbs- they produced this.I know that some folks haven't picked up on this yet but: We *do* know what we are doing. :(

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

What serious airline simmer could do without the PMDG MD-11? Still my favourite addon of all time.Cheers, Chris D

Robert,Thanks for sharing this great news. The plane looks just buitifull. I cannot say that i grew up with these planes, but as a 12 year kid at the time, there were still a few of the DC-6 and DC-7 in use in Norway were i live. I had the pleasure and opertunity at that time to regulary visits the hangars of Braathens SAFE at Sola airport outside Stavanger, and the first cockpit I have been in ever, was the DC-6. I still can remember the exotic smell and the mystics inside the aircraft and in particular the trill of sitting in the captain seat. Great and nostalgic plane.RegardsJan SteneStavanger, Norway

HOLLY ###### IM GETTING OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!! RELEASE PLEASE!!!! MY CREDIT CARD NEED SOMETHING TO BUY !!!!!The best thing i have ever seen!!!!!!

Have always wanted to do a round the world flight in FS using a classic. This will be perfect.Great news!

Rob Prest

Raven-It is pretty clear from your post that you either didn't read what I wrote- or didn't understand it....The MD-11 was a poor performing not just because it sold in mediocre numbers, but because it was a full-on-airliner development cycle with many tens of thousands of hours invested.As I described in my post- this project was/is conceived to keep the developers productive during their various down cycles BETWEEN THE NGX AND THE 777. Some of us on the team won't ever get near this one because our work on the NGX rolled immedaitely to the 777, for example. But other members of the NGX dev team were finished in March of last year- and weren't needed on the 777 until this month. So rather than having them sitting around twiddling thumbs- they produced this.I know that some folks haven't picked up on this yet but: We *do* know what we are doing. :(
Sorry for not fully reading as deep as I should have but when I saw the oldie I just kinda scanned over it. I didn't mean for that little part of my post to be taken out of context as I meant nothing negative. I forget in the scheme of things it's not just one single effort were everyone dose the same thing or possess the same skill sets and in the stew of things one may peel the potatoes while the someone else stirs the pot. I kinda look at it like one cook puts in all the ingredients together and the final product is on the table. Good to know your keeping em' busy. Thanks for the reply including the caps as that it DRILLED it in the part I missed. :(

I really appreciate your gentleman's attitude towards A2A and not interfere with their fantastic line of products! Now I can only dream of the A2A guys making an accusim module for your DC-6!

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

Robert, that is splendid news, an absolute gem of a surprise. Certainly one that will join the NGX in my hanger. However, like Arthur, I can't help feeling just a tad disappointed that your first classic was not a DC3. There seems to be such an opportunity for a developer to produce this aircraft that so many guys are yearning for! So, thanks for the fantastic offering, but any chance of a DC3 as a future project Robert?
Robert there is a great DC2 sold by Flight 1 and the developers are part of the team that fly this beauty in Holland, so all profits go towards it's upkeep. If you can have a worthy FSX product, then this is the one.The DC6 is just the plane I have been hoping for as I have a couple of Just Planes videos featuring it.Will it be possible to have an option to remove the GPS? and also can we please have an Everts livery.Edit: I think PMDG's DC6 retro livery looks great Edited by Nixon

Don't forget to have a really sweet cargo version with the big cargo door hatch and maybe a fork lift truck for us beer & salmon haulers! to load up with lol :-)

Rgds, Shaun

Man I am disappointed, I was hoping for a regional airliner like a quality ERJ or CRJ, or if not that, a re-make of the 747-400 to NGX standards. This is a blow.

This was probably the last thing I was expecting from PMDG, not that is a bad thing. ;) CC ready.

Edited by thefsxflyer

ok, this is very nice, but what about the promised SP for the js41?? pls dont let this ac dying!best regardsKamil

Looking Forward To This One!!!!AS a child I lived in Windhoek and used to spend hours at Eros Airport watching the then Namib Air DC-3's, Convair 580 and SAAF DC-7's land & takeoff there! This "plane" will be just the thing for a nice FSX safari flight through Africa!!!!!!!!Keep Up The Good Workpilatus

WOW, this came as a real surprise PMDG. And a real nice one at that! Can't wait to fly this one in SAS and Braathens SAFE colors. :)

A classic!!!! :( :( :( B) B) You guys sure know how to make us happy, this is exactly the reason I love flying in FS!!! Keep up the good work.Capt. Rónán O Cadhain.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg