Sign in to follow this  
VOR_Active

FSGlobal Ultimate The Americas question

Hello,after a successful (i hope) installation I left with some questions that I have the need to make here.At the beginning inserting the 1st CD (there are 6 CDs) during the setup, automatically the programm detected my FSX then there were some on screen instructions; and last I was prompt to select a drive where the .bgl scenery files will be installed. After installation, running FSX it appeared that it recognised the new scenery files by filling the bars in percentage 10%, 30%.....100%.My question is, although the program automatically found my FSX, why it asked me to which drive the scenery files will be installed? I thought these files will be installed in the path where the FSX is.Now that FSGlobal Ultimate has been installed, I have an FS Global terrain cfg tool and I don't know what is that for. I open it and there is nothing to config. It's empty.There is also another tool, the Airport Elevation Tool (AFX), that I can't find what is its actuall work. Trying to install it from the CD I see that it is only a demo so I cancel the installation. Do I really need it?Thank you so much in advance for your any help you provide

Guest jahman
At the beginning inserting the 1st CD (there are 6 CDs)
Just to clarify, these are six double-layer DVDs, as in 9 GBy each, equivalent to 68 CDs of 0.8 GBy each). It is really a massive amount of data.
My question is, although the program automatically found my FSX, why it asked me to which drive the scenery files will be installed? I thought these files will be installed in the path where the FSX is.
Many of us with lots of scenery actually prefer installers to give us the option of installing scenery to a location and drive different from the location and drive where FSX is linstalled.
There is also another tool, the Airport Elevation Tool (AFX), that I can't find what is its actuall work
AFX allows you to adjust the elevation of a secific airport to match the real elevation. There is also another tool available free from FS Global called AFM - Airport Flattening Meshes that lets you tame the scnery around certain airpots to better match the airport. See here.Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

Hello jahman,

Many of us with lots of scenery actually prefer installers to give us the option of installing scenery to a location and drive different from the location and drive where FSX is linstalled.
How is it possible technically that FSX finds those .bgl scenery files that are outside its path?
There is also another tool available free from FS Global called AFM - Airport Flattening Meshes that lets you tame the scnery around certain airpots to better match the airport
Yes I have seen it before but it says that AFM is still in production and the release date is on 27th of April 2011.My FSGlobal Ultimate is registered and I dont see any updates on that matter on their site, unless I am missing something

Guest jahman
How is it possible technically that FSX finds those .bgl scenery files that are outside its path?
The location of each scenery package is completely contained in the scenery.cfg file that is created by the FSX Scenery Library dialog box.
My FSGlobal Ultimate is registered and I dont see any updates on that matter on their site, unless I am missing something
Please contact FS Global here.Cheers,- jahman.

Thank you for the clarification. AFM will be included in the FSGlobal Ultimate Europe/Africa box

Guest jahman

You're welcome!Cheers,- jahman.

There is also another tool available free from FS Global called AFM - Airport Flattening Meshes that lets you tame the scnery around certain airpots to better match the airport. See here.Cheers,- jahman.
How does one get hold of AFM. I am a registered user of FS Global 2010, but don't see it available under 'My Downloads'. Edited by Petraeus

Petraeus

Guest jahman
How does one get hold of AFM. I am a registered user of FS Global 2010, but don't see it available under 'My Downloads'.
Please contact FS Global here.Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman