Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Okay folks, get a grip time is upon us

Well said Tom, I'm also one of those who agree. I almost fell of my chair when I read you received hate PM's. Why do people behave this way?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I'm glad you posted this. When the beta was released there were a LOT of utterly useless posts. I was glad when things calmed down and expected things would stay calm until MS Flight was actually released. So I was quite amazed to see that the simple announcement of the release date triggered a restart of the entire useless discussion again... with everyone thinking this and thinking that...! I hardly participated in this forum anymore because of al; the useless rants...I am having a great time flying the 737NGX in FSX right now and I will see what's up with MS Flight on February 29th. I am looking forward to it because I expect it will satisfy my GA/VFR/sightseeing needs more then FSX will do. Until then I hope people will stop speculating and simply wait until we ALL KNOW what MS Flight has to offer. Obviously this won't mean everyone will be satisfied with it OR dissatisfied with it, but at least there won't be any useless speculation anymore. Nothing wrong with people liking or disliking something, but there IS something wrong with liking and disliking something purely on speculation. :(

Well said Tom, I'm also one of those who agree. I almost fell of my chair when I read you received hate PM's. Why do people behave this way?
Yeah, it's amazing... :( Edited by J van E

Thats almost unbelievable. I have no interest in MSFlight and obviously I am not alone in that either, but those PM's mentioned in the quote!!! What is going on here? That is really sad. Whatever happened to live and let live?

You may well be the ONLY one that does! I have already recieved hate PM's that call into question my birth status... :(

You may well be the ONLY one that does! I have already recieved hate PM's that call into question my birth status... :(
Extremely sad...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Yeah, I am not against Flight. Its indeed possible that it might bring more people to even more serious flight simulators, and thats a good thing of course. The thing that I do not believe is that Microsoft would turn Flight into some more hardcore simulator in future, and only thing in this forum area I have been kind of against is rising false hopes or making people buy DLC´s by saying that Flight would definitely be new FSX in future, although there is nothing to suggest that so far.

Edited by FScamp

It should run well on my average computer - at least for now.It will have much better visuals than my free-ware enhanced FS9, based on what I have seen in the web episodes and what has been hinted at by Beta testers.It will have an improved flight model, based on what has been hinted at by Beta testers.It lacks some very essential elements to be considered a flight simulator, as pointed out ad nauseum on this forum. I am hopeful that these features will be released as DLC (unlocked) as hinted at by Beta testers.I believe that the development team will not attempt to provide DLC for the whole wide world but will provide a set of varied flying environments to suit all kinds of flight simulation. Based on my personal belief that we do not really need to have the whole world represented in order to experience flight in all of its forms. Just my guess as the development team is not saying.I think that the cost will be high if you cannot resist buying every new addition to the DLC. However, I am hopeful that the cost will be reasonable if you are selective in your purchases.Buying from a single on-line store should be a lot more convenient than the current set-up of multi-vendor sites. Hopefully, the apparent lack of competition in this arrangement will be negated by the fact that the legacy simulators with their 3PD are still very much in evidence. Not to mention the non-MS competition.To me, the most appealing thing about FLIGHT is that it is a fresh start and has the potential to expand in many directions, provided that it achieves sufficient support and provided that MICROSOFT has the necessary vision to see what a big game and what a big earner FLIGHT could turn out to be.I am hopeful that the development team will come out of the closet and share their vision for FLIGHT with us after the release. The PR stuff presented so far has proved unreliable and just does not cut it. If they want us to get on board beyond the initial free start-up package they need to start opening up about future plans and timelines.Yes, of course I will be giving FLIGHT a chance.

And they can still continue to do it. Nothing has been taken away from them.
Yes there has. The ability to continue their hobby on the latest Microsoft "Flight" simulator. This is the FLIGHT forum not the 2004 or FSX.

Thanks Tom - looks like everyone Copy & Pasted their comments from other threads. You should run a test by posting something like this every few days to allow people to vent and avoid a stroke. We can have reduced health care costs if you offer the venting service. :(

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Yes there has. The ability to continue their hobby on the latest Microsoft "Flight" simulator.
They never had the ability to continue their hobby on the latest Microsoft "Flight" simulator.You can't lose what you never had.

Thanks Tom. I am very concerned that any potential new member who comes here, because they are interested in Flight, would hightail it outta here after reading just on or two threads.Some members are only here to ridicule Flight, along with anyone who posts anything positive about it. That type of behavior needs to end, if this community hopes to gain new members from Flight enthusiasts.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I agree completely Arwen,Enough is enough. Time to welcome new people into Flight and AVSIM.Kind regards,

I hope the mods clean this forum of it's trolls. I love FSX and my addons, but i've never wanted to join this forum. I made an account to address a specific post about flight, and i've been reading these forums since. I will likely not be a regular member when flight is released. To much drama, to much hate, and to many trolls for my taste.

There is a very short list of folks that know EXACTLY what Microsoft's immediate plans are for FLIGHT. I am not one of them, and neither is anyone here posting about its future. I have seen the product as have dozens, if not hundreds, of BETA testers. I know no more about MS' future plans, intentions with FLIGHT, or other prognostications than anyone NOT in the inner circle does. Anyone here who is posting opinion as FACT is blowing it out there posterior regions. Those that DO KNOW would no more post what they know here if they wish to continue being employed. What I see here is a number of 'poison dwarfs'. People who no matter the reality are going to turn things into the negative, just because they can.AVSIM is not going to shut down or demote this forum.The future of flight simulation, in so far as the community's growth is concerned, MAY WELL BE the thousands that do participate in the hobby through FLIGHT and that come to realize that there are more expansive, realistic sims available to them.Those possible thousands are potential customers of a future FSX advancement... Those possible future customers might well give MS the motivation to recognize a market sufficient to re-invest in the FS franchise.Is this "Polly Anna" thinking? Who knows? I sure don't. But what I can say is that just because you don't see FLIGHT as a positive move, don't poison the punch bowl for those that at least are willing to give it a chance. And... chopping MS off at the knees based upon your CONJECTURE ain't cool either.
Tom....I understand that you are trying to keep the playing field level and I guess I am one of those 'poison dwarfs' (what ever that is). You say we are cutting off the MS folks at the knees and that it isn't fair. Well they have every chance to respond and defend their position but of course they do not. At least for me, I am speaking out because it appears to me that this entire goat rope which goes back to the closing of Aces has been designed to insure that FSX and FS9 is once and for all killed off. I myself and I suspect most of us 'poison dwarfs' could care less about other folks sitting around driving flying cars in Hawaii. To me, it is no different than someone playing a shoot um up game. I don't do it but if they like it then go for it. The real anger here is that this open attempt to kill off developers for Flight is going to have a very negative impact on FSX and all that came before it. It may be an unfounded fear and as you said we can not know for certain the future.You and others have hope that this game may attract new members who will want to move to a real sim like FSX or what ever follows. Our fear is that when they or tired of Flight then there will be no Sim to move too.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Tom....I understand that you are trying to keep the playing field level and I guess I am one of those 'poison dwarfs' (what ever that is). You say we are cutting off the MS folks at the knees and that it isn't fair. Well they have every chance to respond and defend their position but of course they do not. At least for me, I am speaking out because it appears to me that this entire goat rope which goes back to the closing of Aces has been designed to insure that FSX and FS9 is once and for all killed off. I myself and I suspect most of us 'poison dwarfs' could care less about other folks sitting around driving flying cars in Hawaii. To me, it is no different than someone playing a shoot um up game. I don't do it but if they like it then go for it. The real anger here is that this open attempt to kill off developers for Flight is going to have a very negative impact on FSX and all that came before it. It may be an unfounded fear and as you said we can not know for certain the future.You and others have hope that this game may attract new members who will want to move to a real sim like FSX or what ever follows. Our fear is that when they or tired of Flight then there will be no Sim to move too.
+1What's disheartening is how profoundly Flight threatens to erode the momentum behind the development of a realistic flight simulator. I'll continue to fly my NGX, but I have more hope in Hardy Heinlin's efforts with PSX. Who knows, perhaps Hardy will surprise me and announce that he is releasing the PSX for the Xbox. Then, I'll know this is the twilight zone.