Sign in to follow this  
kev4242

United/Continental - adding repaints

Hi,I use the WOAI Continental and United Package. I'm not too bothered about changing the AI schedules to 'merge' the two airlines but I would like to add the newer liveries of the aircraft. Is this a pain staking job or is there a tutorial or easy to find list of what repaints I will need? I have a basic understanding of Ttools. Any advice or accounts of your own experiences would be most appreciated. Thanks,Kev

Hi kev4242, if you mean that you just want to add new liveries to exisiting ai aircraft then all you do is place the liveries in the exisisting aircraft file and enter them in the aircraft.cfg i.e[fltsim.0] last number + 1title=Your new liverysim=A319_CFM_IFDG_011model=panel=sound=texture= (texture file name)kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_airline=Czech Airlinesatc_flight_number=264atc_heavy=0ui_manufacturer=Czech Airlinesui_type="A319-111"ui_variation=Czech Airlinesif the liveries are compatible with the ai aircraft then they will show up, if not then you will just have white aircraft flying around. Ttools has nothing to do with this process and only compiles and decompiles the flight plans.If that was what you were asking then have fun, if not then i had a chance to practice my typimg skills

the instructions above would be to add an additional livery to an existing plane, not to swap textures....To achieve what you are looking for just find all of your WOAI CO textures and swap them for the appropriate United textures (Or create the repaints yourself) and swap them into the CO texture folders. The WOAI readme for the CO package will tell you what aircraft it uses :)As always, make backups first. Then you can edit the aircraft.cfg to change the AI type to UNITED so you don't hear Continental in the sim anymore.That is what I did and I now have my CO birds in United liveries and being called United by ATC just as in real life...

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg