There have been 466 of your fellow community members and guests in the forums and elsewhere on AVSIM within the last 15 minutes!
AVSIM Social Groups - NEW!
AVSIM Team Speak System - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Easter sale at PC Aviator
- Q400 for 47.99 at JustFlight
- Just Flight DC-6B Easter bargain
- EASTER WEEKEND SALE AT MV!
- 48 hour deal at Just Flight - Three great add-ons £5/€6/$8 each
- 50% OFF ALL MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 PhotoReal Scenery Titles
- 25% off Taxi2Gate Mexican Airports Till Apr 30
- Like FSDT on Facebook and get a discount next Monday!
- 33% OFF Bill Stack's "Simming on Autopilot" Tutorial
- Easter Sale - 40% OFF PerfectFlight Downloads
- For Sale: TrackIR 5 by NaturalPoint
- Wanted Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle & Flight Stick
- Old Sublogic Flight Sim Charts
- Mcp And Efis For Sale. Usb Plug And Play
- Mcp And Efis For Sale. Usb Plug And Play. Metal
- A good, cheap, VHF Receiver?
- Wanted to BUY or SELL: Used Titan GTX
- Top Quality PC Components For Sale
- Various Add On's for Sale...
- CP Flight RS 232 Items for Sale
. . .
FSrealWX lite - it keeps it's promises
Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:33 AM
Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:03 AM
Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:49 AM
Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:39 AM
Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:59 AM
Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:44 PM
Edited by ryanbatcund, 16 February 2012 - 02:48 PM.
Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:26 PM
Naw trust me I make an ATIS almost everyday at work.... 10SM is like a generic unlimited visibility entered in the ASOS - I don't think these stations are capable of reporting higher values... 10SM on our ATIS broadcast really means about 40 miles vis.... especially in the winter.... in the summer a bit less.Oops I see what you mean, yes CAVU does mean that in aviation terms... but our ASOS never reports it even when it's severe clear... The issue is, this program interprets 10SM as exactly 10 miles... and the vis is much much better than 10sm today...
Last I knew, CAVU meant unlimited, 10 miles meant 10 miles :-)
Edited by ryanbatcund, 16 February 2012 - 03:29 PM.