Sign in to follow this  
adr179

FSrealWX lite - it keeps it's promises

I somehow always hated multipurpose software-for various reasons. So if you are looking for a weather importing software that won't chew up into your resources and will perform the task it was written for, then you may consider this little programmehttp://www.hanse-cod...?page=self&id=1I'm using it for a couple of months now and all I can say is am extremely happy with it. It does exactlly what it promises and does it 100%. My PC doesn't even know it's running and my FS X weather is rock-solid interpretation of METAR's that were downloaded and inserted into the sim. Oh, not to forget - it's free!

Yes I have being using it for a year or so now, best freeware weather engine around ,really makes a difference and always improving, nice he got rid of the gltching when loading. Love it,

Yeah, I´m using that too for a long time now. I got it as an replacement for Open Clouds which was also an freeware weather engine but after the dev made it payware I started to use FSrealWX Lite. It does what it should and paired with HDEv2 and the NGX flying is just perfect. The only thing I have on the negative side is that my sim shutters when the new weather is loaded but as soon as it´s done, everything is smooth again. And sometimes there are very rapid wind changes, esspecially anoying when on final approach (Open Clouds had an feature to prevent any weather changing when below a certain height, 3000ft or something else). But besides of that it´s perfect.

+1 super program.Gives me a more realistic lasting overcast and accurate winds than ASE. Also not a resource hog. Tried them both - sticking with FSrealWX

@Superpilotv2FSrealWXlite has it's own wind control(not to be mixed with the FSUIPC's), so even if you don't have FSUIPC, there's an option that prevents wild wind variations. Make sure you have "Direct wind control" activated, found under options.

Thst´s allready checked. But I had only one issue like that. Approching with the NGX in Reno and 30 kts crossind till about 1000ft above AGL. Then the wind chnaged to 5 kts in less then a second.

Somehow we all keep forgetting - this utility does import WX into FS. So if weather report is somehow "strange" in a way, maybe wrong coded, maybe partially downloaded or something like that, then results can be weird. But still puzzles me, why it wasn't smoothed out, even if on one occasion only. Overloaded hardware resources can also produce hickupps.

The hiccups happen when the weather is injected into FSX's weather stations. The hiccups happens for the entire duration of the update. Its quite annoying, but hey, its a free program.

To minimize the weather 'injections' just change the update interval in the Options. I also check 'No weather update in approach', and set Weather position to 100 miles and 'Only from Ahead' which minimizes loading as well. There are lots of options for a free program, it's all I use anymore.

Jay

HiDoes this program allow for running itself on a client to inject the weather?ThanksBob

HiDoes this program allow for running itself on a client to inject the weather?ThanksBob
HelloYes

HelloYes
Great I will check this out. Thanks mad dog.Bpb

Does this fix that low level fog layer we get in FSX? You know the layer just above the airport where you can see through to the fence?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's strange I have both rex and as21012 but this free program here gives a better representation of overcast .At least this is the impression I got !

Edited by MindYerBeak

Does this fix that low level fog layer we get in FSX? You know the layer just above the airport where you can see through to the fence?
Nah, not as far as I can see. We still get the layer of haze with this one.