Sign in to follow this  
adr179

FSrealWX lite - it keeps it's promises

Alright I got the latest build - it fixed this vis issue but now I've got this rogue layer that cuts through all the other clouds. I'm not sure what it is any ideas?http://youtu.be/t3Me8-it7_Y

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

And sometimes there are very rapid wind changes, esspecially anoying when on final approach (Open Clouds had an feature to prevent any weather changing when below a certain height, 3000ft or something else). But besides of that it´s perfect.
FSrealWx has that option to:In Options/General select 'No weather update in approach'

Hey guys, I hope you can help me out with this: I´ve just downloaded the newest version of FSrealWX lite from their website. But when installed it shows me version 1.01.1291. Shouldn´t it be build 1243?

FSrealWx has that option to:In Options/General select 'No weather update in approach'
Thanks, I found it. :(

I've got this rogue layer that cuts through all the other clouds. I'm not sure what it is any ideas?
I use FSrealWX with Flight Envoronment X and i had this effect with one of the cloud sets.With most other sets it's fine.

What version are you using? 1243 is the latest stable version, I believe. The 1300's versions are in development. 1243 runs stable and I can change the visibility option fine. When I tried the 1316 or whatever it is I would get a lot of crashes as well. Found out these were development versions the hard way. The stable versions have RC next to the version number and the others have DEV.
I found out it's very important to always have the latest version of FSUIPC and to have UAC off if installing in Windows 7 or Vista.I now use 1.03.1340 DEV and have no problems with it.

Alright I got the latest build - it fixed this vis issue but now I've got this rogue layer that cuts through all the other clouds. I'm not sure what it is any ideas?
Never seen it before but it looks to me like a different layer of visibility. In mine the visibility is layered to smooth it out as altitude increases. Did you install with UAC off? Run it with UAC off as well and see if you get different results. The program will seem like its running OK with it on but apparently it runs better with it off.

UAC is off - it's the very first thing I do when I install an OS.Where do you set the visibility smoothing? I don't have a registered FSUIPC version if that matters.edit: I'm also using FEX clouds.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

UAC is off - it's the very first thing I do when I install an OS.Where do you set the visibility smoothing? I don't have a registered FSUIPC version if that matters.edit: I'm also using FEX clouds.
It should be doing this automatically. I don't know why you are getting the abrupt change you are seeing. The free FSUIPC is fine. My only suggestion is to post your vid to the hanse coders forum and see what he says about it. I actually am getting something now that I have asked him about and in about a day I got an answer back saying he would check and fix the issue. I can have a "severe clear" day in RL and the METAR will say sky condition CLR, but the wx station in the sim will give me a few at 6000 cloud layer every time. I am not getting any clear skies in the sim, a little annoying but he said he would fix it.

and the METAR will say sky condition CLR, but the wx station in the sim will give me a few at 6000 cloud layer every time. I am not getting any clear skies in the sim, a little annoying but he said he would fix it.
That's essentially what I'm getting. I think it's a FEW clouds at 060 but it sorta shows up as another vis layer.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I somehow always hated multipurpose software-for various reasons. So if you are looking for a weather importing software that won't chew up into your resources and will perform the task it was written for, then you may consider this little programme http://www.hanse-cod...?page=self&id=1 I'm using it for a couple of months now and all I can say is am extremely happy with it. It does exactlly what it promises and does it 100%. My PC doesn't even know it's running and my FS X weather is rock-solid interpretation of METAR's that were downloaded and inserted into the sim. Oh, not to forget - it's free!
That's fabulous as I am one who actually really likes REX2's weather, however I continue to get the inbound outbound firewall alert problem which is to be fixed for their new release. At least I can now have decent weather w/o REX2.Thanks for posting on this!Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

That's essentially what I'm getting. I think it's a FEW clouds at 060 but it sorta shows up as another vis layer.
Well maybe we are seeing the same issue then. Mine seems to show up as a cloud layer.

Thst´s allready checked. But I had only one issue like that. Approching with the NGX in Reno and 30 kts crossind till about 1000ft above AGL. Then the wind chnaged to 5 kts in less then a second.
Welcome to the real world. I regularly fly at airports on the coast of Norway where the wind can change radically at different altitudes. Some approaches are done with a strong tailwind, then it will suddenly change to a strong headwind when on final approach and below 1000 ft...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Can anybody help me get this program up and running? I've heard something about having to use simconnect and fsrealwx lite in order to load the weather into FSX, but I have no idea how to do this and the support board at the website is no help..

Simconnect is automatically installed when you install FSX. You don't need to do a single thing.

Ah, I see, well when I try to load the wx into FSX, the option in the menu is grayed out, not letting me install it into it.. what do you think the problem is?