Sign in to follow this  
adr179

FSrealWX lite - it keeps it's promises

Never thought I'd use a freeware over payware (ASE), but wow it does 1 thing but it does it well. I got fed up with ASE popping up messages occasionally that it can't download the weather. This takes me back to desktop to read the message, which crashes FSX. A perfect time to try out FSrealWX :(

This happens all the time - the rouge layer at 6000 ft... Edit: Actually it's not 6000 ft - it's more like 8300 in this example. This is with metar CLR. In fact, why am I getting any clouds with CLR?
It was sorta fixed in version 1353. When Clr skies are reported in the METAR no clouds are depicted below 12,000 ft. However this haze shows up at 12,000 ft now. It has been reported(by me), he thinks it may be the way fsx is depicting the visibility layers but will try to fix it. I think it can be fixed because the default weather engine does not do this. If a fix is possible I'm sure it will be put in the next version. This is some of the best support I've ever received. I also was the one that reported the clouds below 12000 issue with CLR metar last week and it was fixed this week.

Ok I also made a post over there saying with latest ver I still get the rogue layer... hopefully something can be done. For now I'm using default weather.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ok I also made a post over there saying with latest ver I still get the rogue layer... hopefully something can be done. For now I'm using default weather.
Do you have 'Mixed Clouds' enabled in FsrealWX OPTION WEATHER ?Just like in REX2 i had to experiment with cloud types in Flight Environment X.In FEX i now use 'General cloud one'. ( combined with 'Natural Haze Sky, Dark Water theme and Choppy Dynamite water animation')No such problems with this cloudtype.

I've got mixed enabled. I really like my present cloud textures so I'll just stick with them - real world weather works just fine as well...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've got mixed enabled. I really like my present cloud textures so I'll just stick with them - real world weather works just fine as well...
Hello RyanFSX real world weather in combination with the weather facilities a registered Fsuipc brings is even better.At the moment I am a little frustrated with all of the third party Weather programs out there. they all have issues some more than others.Fsuipc is well worth it if you are going to use the default weather.

I love it in FS9 which only has Freeware clouds not to sure about FSX REX2 to engine still gets my vote best 20.00 addonI have.

Hi Guys,

I have used fsrealex lite for months now.

I want to install it on my laptop that I use for Aivlasoft EFB which is connected to my FSX machine.

Is there a step by step guide on how this can be achieved ?.

I have not setup anything similar in the past, so not sure how to go about it.

Idea is to offload the weather off my main FSX machine, and free it up for FSX.

Thanks

Hari

2012 thread, Hari. :P But there are ways to connect you to the sim computer. One is free and goes via Simconnect (the default FSX interface, a pain in the back to set up for the network) and the other one would be via WideFS in conjunction with FSUIPC. This path is way easier to set up but you have to buy the software first.

If you plan on using more stuff networked, the WideFS purchase is highly recommended and very useful. If not, perhaps stick to the Simconnect guides on how to make it run networked. Hifi offers those in great detail and you will have to handle some cfg files, maybe your firewall settings and some network shared folder. It's doable, don't get me wrong.

2012 thread, Hari. :P But there are ways to connect you to the sim computer. One is free and goes via Simconnect (the default FSX interface, a pain in the back to set up for the network) and the other one would be via WideFS in conjunction with FSUIPC. This path is way easier to set up but you have to buy the software first.

If you plan on using more stuff networked, the WideFS purchase is highly recommended and very useful. If not, perhaps stick to the Simconnect guides on how to make it run networked. Hifi offers those in great detail and you will have to handle some cfg files, maybe your firewall settings and some network shared folder. It's doable, don't get me wrong.

Thanks CoolP.

Sorry, didn't realise the thread was from 2012.

I only have the FSX standard installed, so understand I need to buy simconnect as a separate purchase, so might be better off with widefs ??.

Also will give me more flexibility to move more apps to my laptop.

How tricky is fsuipc and wide F's, I already own registered version of fsuipc.

Thanks again.

How tricky is fsuipc and wide F's, I already own registered version of fsuipc.

Zero tricky, really. They usually find themselves over the network, one just needs to have the sim running and FSUIPC allowing for the WideFS connection. Then it's a click on the WideFS.exe on the client and you will have them connected. All addons then looking for a FSUIPC basis will then be fine on the client.

I could only imagine a very strict firewall preventing things there. Well, then it's one port to open.

Simconnect is free but I think you have a point that FSX Standard didn't come with the SDK files to install it on a client. Some weather addons offer them as support files (separate folder), so maybe that's a solution. If I'm correct, a local copy of Simconnect is installed on every FSX version, it's just the thing about mentioned files to allow for a standalone Simconnect installation on a client. Should be a small SimConnect.msi, only a few mb in size. Comes in different versions. You can install all of them, they coexist.

The configuration is explained here: http://support.hifitechinc.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/3/networked-configuration-with-simconnect

Edited. I forgot to add that some addons have their own way of connecting over the network. Like your EFB, they do it with their own tools and methods to avoid either shortcomings and/or extra prices for interface software. FSGRW for example offers a "network bridge" module which I haven't tried so far though.

Well, since you are planning to move some more stuff, WideFS might be the best and most versatile solution. Plenty of addons should support it.

Zero tricky, really. They usually find themselves over the network, one just needs to have the sim running and FSUIPC allowing for the WideFS connection. Then it's a click on the WideFS.exe on the client and you will have them connected. All addons then looking for a FSUIPC basis will then be fine on the client.

I could only imagine a very strict firewall preventing things there. Well, then it's one port to open.

Simconnect is free but I think you have a point that FSX Standard didn't come with the SDK files to install it on a client. Some weather addons offer them as support files (separate folder), so maybe that's a solution. If I'm correct, a local copy of Simconnect is installed on every FSX version, it's just the thing about mentioned files to allow for a standalone Simconnect installation on a client. Should be a small SimConnect.msi, only a few mb in size. Comes in different versions. You can install all of them, they coexist.

The configuration is explained here: http://support.hifitechinc.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/3/networked-configuration-with-simconnect

Edited. I forgot to add that some addons have their own way of connecting over the network. Like your EFB, they do it with their own tools and methods to avoid either shortcomings and/or extra prices for interface software. FSGRW for example offers a "network bridge" module which I haven't tried so far though.

Well, since you are planning to move some more stuff, WideFS might be the best and most versatile solution. Plenty of addons should support it.

Thanks CoolP

Will buy widefs later today...

I know this is a old thread but hey.....old is good right?

I have been a slacker FS user for years and years,  I used a very old version in the eighties to prepare for my instrument rating and have alway praised the usefullness of the software when used realistically.  Lately I have been playing around with it again and noticed the real weather does not work.  I know there are many thread on this but I was hoping for some quick advise.

I have a few Carenado planes as the only add ons so I'm not really taxing my system.  My confusion comes from the brief research on the add on weather programs and which version they will work with.  I have FSX SP2 but don't think I have acceleration or whatever that is.  I just want to make sure if I try this FSrealWX lite it will work with my rig.

Here is a Pic from the details tab of my current system.  

All I want is a simple way to add real weather into the game.

Thanks for any advice!!

All I want is a simple way to add real weather into the game.

Try the free Active Sky Next 7 day full program.