Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Flying a 4-engine aircraft with 2 throttle levers

I don’t have a full-size A320 cockpit at home, but I have built a mini-pedestal that includes the MCDU, the radio, the engine starter, the ECAM Control Panel and a Saitek throttle quadrant, very convenient. On the Saitek throttle, 2 levers are used for engines and the third is for speed brakes.The problem is that I have only 2 levers configured to control 2 engines, so I can’t fly the A340 or A380 with this as they have 4 engines. I would like to be able to control the 2 left engines with the left lever and the 2 right engines, but I don’t know how to do this. The axis configuration dialog in fs9 does not allow the control of 2 engines with the same throttle axis. In addition, I wouldn’t like to change the controls configuration each time I fly a 4-engine aircraft. Do you know a possible solution to this problem?Do you know if this can be done with FSUIPC? (I didn’t find how to do it)Thanks,Eric

Guest jahman
Do you know if this can be done with FSUIPC?
Yes, just assign the left throttle to engine 1, then assign the left throttle again for engine 2. Repeat for Engines 3 and 4 with the right throttle lever.Cheers,- jahman.

With registered FSUIPC yes. There is a checkbox on the throttle calibration page that allows you to extend throttle one to control engines 1&2 and throttle two controls engines 3&4. You do not have to un-check these boxes when flying a two engine aircraft, FSUIPC figures it out. Also if you come accross a three engine bird, the left throttle will control the left and center engine.

Thanks for your help, it works perfect. I didn't know several actions could be assigned to the same axis, now I know. I have assigned this to the A340 only, so it works perfect for this aircraft and works also for all the others, with standard configuration.But now I have another problem and I couldn't find a solution again...I would like to use the reverse feature available on the Saitek throttle quadrant. Again, it works perfect for the twin-engine aircrafts, but not for the A340. I would also like to assign engine 1 & 2 reverses to the reverse on my left lever, and engine 3 & 4 reverses to the reverse on the right lever (seen as a joystick button). I searched into the FSUIPC button configuration, but as far as I understood, a button can be associated to 1 event only.So how can I do?Thanks for any help,Eric

Hello Ben,I thank you for your guide, but I'm afraid it doesn't help, or I missed something...I think the Saitek throttle quadrant is not the same as the one you have because the detent used for the reverse (when you pull the lever to the very end) is seen as a joystick button. In my specific situation, I would like to assign 2 events to 1 button. For the left engines, I would like to assign the 'Reduce throttle #1' and 'Reduce throttle #2' to the same joystick button, I am not talking about axis here. I'm not sure it can be done...Eric