Edited by Zeljko Budovic, 18 February 2012 - 02:38 PM.
What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- EDDK Köln/Bonn from Aerosoft for €14,48 / $14.29
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition 80% off $4.99 now to Mar 30 End
- Airline2Sim Q400 Cadet Training Course 50% off
- Steam Sale FSX + DCS
- FSX: SE on sale... 80% off
- FSX Steam edition is 80% off At the moment
- FSX on Steam back to £3.99 for the weekend
- Thai Creations -50%
- Flash Sales PCAviator.com.au (AU store only)
- Tiger Moth for £4.49 at justflight.com until end of Sunday
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- Saitek TPM Panel (throttle,mixture and prop) ** WANTED **
- Saitek Flight Sim components for sale New-in Box ever used
- Selling my GTX Titan Superclocked
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- Precision Flight Controls PFC Yoke, Rudders, Throttles + GoFlight Panels
- For Sale 1947 Piper PA12
- Real 737 Overhead and Aft Overhead For Sale
- For Sale Embraer E-Jets v.2 Embraer 175 and 195 with SP2
- EVGA Titan GTX for sale
. . .
Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:01 PM
Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:55 PM
Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:39 PM
Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:48 PM
As far as I know you can't limit your own visibility if you are using real world weather. The visibility is what ever is in the METAR report for the closest airport to you. Counterproductive to use real world weather then say I don't like real world, I will set my own weather. Might as well just set your own weather and be done with it. Anyway that is the idea behind not being able to set your own visibility. If the Metar says 7 miles visibility that is what the sim does. If the METAR say 10, then the sim is not good at setting the visibility. The last couple of betas that improved, but sometimes the sim still gives way more visibility than it should. As long as the METAR is less than 10 miles the sim does well.
i'd like to use real world weather and to limit visibility distance simultaneously
Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill known to man
The 1st is landing.