Sign in to follow this  
lodestar

visibility settings X-Plane 10

Most important for now: How to limit visibility in XPL10?I know how to do this inside the simulator, in weather settings, but can i do this in some CFG file like in FSX? I'd like to use it with real weather if that is posible in XPL.And if response is positive, where is CFG file located?I'm relative new to X-Plane, and i don't know to much about performance tuning, so if there are some experienced XPL users - could someone post the most important tips for us, beginners?ThanksZeljko

Edited by Zeljko Budovic

Hello Zeliko,to limit your visibility distance, mouse up to the top of your screen and your menu tabs should appear; Select Environment/Weather, left side of screen. This will take care of your weathervisibility, also if you desire real time weather look at top of screen --- 2nd from the right ---"grab real-weather from the net."Also you have scenery visibility. Menu tabs, Settings, Rendering options, right side of screen World Detail Distance might be of some help to you.And of course this is always a help: The X-Plane 10 manual----------------------> http://www.x-plane.com/support/landing/Most important tips, fly a lot and see what each setting does and start from minimal settings and work your way up.Also when you post an operational question also tell what your computer specs are so folks have an idea what is working for or against you.Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Thanks Chuck,I know how to do that settings, but i'd like to use real world weather and to limit visibility distance simultaneously. I have good fps when i have limited visibility, but i don't see option in xpl10 to use real world weather and limited visibility at the same time.I was MSFS user for years, fsx for example need a lot of tweaking and tuning inside of configuration files(CFG, XML etc). You can do this in fsx via FSUIPC menu, and you can set many option through fsx.cfg file, so i thought i could do something like that in xpl.I have intel dual core E7200 @ 2.53GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, 4096MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1.I'm fine with default aircrafts, but i'm flying only Jrolon CRJ-200, witch have some impact on fps.

Hmmmm ok well now you got me on that one Zelijko, limited visibility with real weather, someone else may be able to help.No CFG file in XP-X.Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

i'd like to use real world weather and to limit visibility distance simultaneously
As far as I know you can't limit your own visibility if you are using real world weather. The visibility is what ever is in the METAR report for the closest airport to you. Counterproductive to use real world weather then say I don't like real world, I will set my own weather. Might as well just set your own weather and be done with it. Anyway that is the idea behind not being able to set your own visibility. :( If the Metar says 7 miles visibility that is what the sim does. If the METAR say 10, then the sim is not good at setting the visibility. The last couple of betas that improved, but sometimes the sim still gives way more visibility than it should. As long as the METAR is less than 10 miles the sim does well.

Yes, it's ok like that. The only thing i don't like is that you can have rw weather update thisway, but my fps is ok.Thank you

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.