Edited by Zeljko Budovic, 18 February 2012 - 02:38 PM.
What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Simmarket Deal of the Day - Taxi2Gate MMMX (FSX)
- Free simMarket addon - FSDG's Oresund X for FSX & P3D v2.x
- Free VFR Photo Scenery Vol 6 never istalled for FS2004
- Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99
- Aerosoft Winter Sale 20% off boxed products
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Just Flight Pick and Mix Sale
- Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Any one looking for a complete Fuselage to make a sim out of? There are a few on ebay for $300
- Very good Computer for FSX for sale
- Trackir 5
- Precision Flight Controls Multi-Engine Throttle/Prop/Mixture Quadrant
- Precision Flight Controls Beech Yolk with Hall Effect & Digital Clock
- Reduced! PFC Cirrus II Console and Pedals $500 + shipping
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS - Priced low for quick sale!
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- SAITEK PRO FLIGHT SWITCH PANEL (UK based)
. . .
Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:01 PM
Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:55 PM
Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:39 PM
Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:48 PM
As far as I know you can't limit your own visibility if you are using real world weather. The visibility is what ever is in the METAR report for the closest airport to you. Counterproductive to use real world weather then say I don't like real world, I will set my own weather. Might as well just set your own weather and be done with it. Anyway that is the idea behind not being able to set your own visibility. If the Metar says 7 miles visibility that is what the sim does. If the METAR say 10, then the sim is not good at setting the visibility. The last couple of betas that improved, but sometimes the sim still gives way more visibility than it should. As long as the METAR is less than 10 miles the sim does well.
i'd like to use real world weather and to limit visibility distance simultaneously
Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill known to man
The 1st is landing.