Edited by Zeljko Budovic, 18 February 2012 - 02:38 PM.
What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- FSX Add-on for Apple Watch
- FSX Virtavia 50% off at Simmarket
- Concorde+Orbx Sale at Aerosoft
- Simmarket sale on KSNA
- Dreamfoil Bell 407 19.95 (43% off) at x-plane store
- Great Deal on Orbx addons at the flightsimstore.com!
- Flysimware 50% Off
- SimSkunkWorks 50% Off Sale
- MyTraffic 6 FSX+FSXSE+P3D - 40% off at simMarket
- ForSale: Unopened Orbx North America Airports DVDs $5 each!
- GoFlight GF-ATC Air Traffic Communication Module $120
- Goflight GF-RP48 Rotary/Pushbutton module $100
- For Sale: i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- WANTED: TrackIR w/TrackClip Pro
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- For Sale: i7-2600k, ROG Z68 mATX
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- Couple of Pokeys56E for sale
. . .
Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:01 PM
Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:55 PM
Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:39 PM
Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:48 PM
As far as I know you can't limit your own visibility if you are using real world weather. The visibility is what ever is in the METAR report for the closest airport to you. Counterproductive to use real world weather then say I don't like real world, I will set my own weather. Might as well just set your own weather and be done with it. Anyway that is the idea behind not being able to set your own visibility. If the Metar says 7 miles visibility that is what the sim does. If the METAR say 10, then the sim is not good at setting the visibility. The last couple of betas that improved, but sometimes the sim still gives way more visibility than it should. As long as the METAR is less than 10 miles the sim does well.
i'd like to use real world weather and to limit visibility distance simultaneously
Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill known to man
The 1st is landing.