Sign in to follow this  
Luc Brusselmans

Re-installing LINDA

Hello,I have a strange problem.Last week I started a new installation of both my operating system (Windows 7 Ultimate - Dutch Version) and FSX (including Acc. pack).It's a slow proces with of lot of checking between addon's and today I decided to reinstall LINDA.New version found (1.11) so installed that one instead of a previous download.Installation is a no-brainer (I think) and I put all files in the zipfile in my modules folder inside fsx.When launching fsx, LINDA starts up so I thought all was well.However, when creating a new file for my Carenado C172 II N, I ran into some problems I didn't had in the past.When I assign a function to one of the buttons of my flightyoke and I try to save it I receive the following message:" Cannot creat file "D:\Flight Simulator X\Modules\linda-cfg\Aircrafts\Carenado C172II N\config-hid.lua"The system cannot find pathI did find the folder but it was situated in the LINDA directory and not in the LINDA-cfg folder.I could copy the folder to the correct directory but that did not solve all of the problems.When Assigning functions, in the LINDA console I get another error.This time is:"[E] *** LUA Error: cannot open linda-cfg/aircrafts/carenado C172II N/confif-mcp.lua: No such file or directory"Sometimes, I do succeed in assigning a few functions but the file acts rather erratic.So it is possible to assign the left brake to a button on the yoke, but it's not possible to so for the right brake.There is nothing wrong with the buttons because I can assign those functions to the same buttons inside FSX.I have used LINDA before and there have been two changes: The version of LINDA itself and the version of fsuipc.I am using version 4.mega_shok.gif.all help appreciated because I am really at a loss here.Luc BrusselmansBelgium

Hello,Does LINDA maybe mess up with your FSX Standard 172?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,Does LINDA maybe mess up with your FSX Standard 172?
Hi...I am tonight trying to add the Milviz 310 and have the very same problem as above...also using newest ver of Linda?? Edited by shivers9

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

And you try it by using "New" in the upper left, selecting your addon?Please explain it again step by step and maybe with screenshots if possible.Sorry for that, but I have currently no idea...

Guenter Steiner

And you try it by using "New" in the upper left, selecting your addon?Please explain it again step by step and maybe with screenshots if possible.Sorry for that, but I have currently no idea...
Thanks for the quick response. I will try it again later today and provide more details. Was hoping it was something you had run into before. :(

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

OK here goes:1. On the top of the opening screen I select "New"2. The New Aircraft Module Pops up and I select Cessna 310R MilViz from drop down box and also select Create from template and then click on Create button and all seams fine at this point and brings up the Joystick setup page and the very top box does list the Cessna 310R MilViz.3. Now comes the problem...I seclect a button and assign it to "FSX Default Lib" AP Nav Hold as an example and it appears as Red in the "On Press" column. I click on the Save Button at top right and get a Linda error pop up with the message: Cannot create file "D:Flight Simulator XModuleslinda-cfgaircraftsCessna 310R MilVizconfig-hid.lua" The system cannot find the path specified.As the orig OP posted I did find the folder but it was situated in the LINDA directory and not in the LINDA-cfg folder. I am using latest version of Registered Fsuipc and Linda on Windows 7 64Bit. I have been using with the Duke and no problems. I tried the above with FSX running as well as not running and different input devices and no luck.Edit...I did try the above and tried to use one of the avail templets just for grinns and got the same error and result.Hope this is clear enough to give you a clue...LOL and thanks for your help. Edited by shivers9

Sam

ok, I can reproduce this.I will inform Artem to have a look into it ... hopefully.Till then, try this workaround:- press New, create a plane etc as always. If you assign a key, you'll get the error window. Just close it by clicking "ok"- Now go into Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XModuleslindaaircrafts.There must be the new plane. Mark that folder and copy it- go to: Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XModuleslinda-cfgaircraftsand paste it in there and open the folderyou have three files in there: 2 LUA files, one TXT file.delete one LUA and the TXT.Open the remaining LUA file with Editor and delete the complete content and save.Rename the LUA to config-hid.luaThat's it!(or in less words: make in the missing directory your own, empty config-hid.lua)

Guenter Steiner

Bug confirmed. Will fix it ASAP.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Bug confirmed. Will fix it ASAP.
Thanks guys....The above work around seems to work but after you save a setting it gives an LUA error but shut down linda and then all seems to work fine. This error occurs when fsx is also running.

Sam

Here is the fix: http://fs-linda.com/downloads/LINDA-new-module-fix.zipJust unzip and replace exe.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Here is the fix: http://fs-linda.com/...-module-fix.zipJust unzip and replace exe.
Thanks!!...will give her a go later today.

Sam