The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Airline2Sim Q400 Training half price weekend....
- 25 Percent off at FS2Crew. Coupon Code: SCHOOL2014
- LatinVFR San Juan 20% Off @ Simmarket
- Skyhighsim - 50% price reduction
- Razbam Super Sale! Harrier and Metroliner for $20
- Wing Commander 3 Free until 2 September
- Quality Wings 757 Discounted
- Qualitywings BAe 146 permanent discount
- A2A Sale 25% Off For Duration Of Oshkosh Airshow
- Fswidgets 10 Year Anniversary Sale - 50% Off
- FSX PC For Sale (United Kingdom)
- KingWin Lazer Power Supply 1000 Watts with Universal Modular Connectors/3 Way LED Switch/80 Plus Bronze ATX
- 737 Yoke from Ace for sale
- MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr 2Gb
- ASUS Rampage III Formula
- Attn New or Budget Constrained Simmers
- For Sale: Corsair Force GT 240 GB SATA III/6G SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive - CSSD-F240GBGT-BK
- Looking for Saitek Pro Flight throttle spare black knob
- Parts for Free -- CH PRO Pedals - USB
- Boeing 737-800 Overhead panel for SALE!
. . .
Salty airCG Ops at Channel Islands
Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:33 PM
Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:28 PM
Channel National Park is just south of Santa Barbara, CA.
Where is that?
It's textured FSX water combined with a blend channel (a gradient from 100% to 0%) that makes a smoothtransition from the textured water to standard FSX water.
Cool! How do you get that effect?- jahman.
Yeah, thanks for the kind words, all!You can smell the fresh sea; inhale... :)
That looks killer! Great job Gottfried :)
Edited by N330DG, 24 February 2012 - 04:30 PM.
Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:34 PM
Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:46 PM
I almost only fly FSX these days. However in *some* aspects FS9 was better. The textures were darker and hi-res textures placed as TexPolys were sharper than the FSX terrain textures are (at same resolution). During testing, I'm sometimes amazed how good our FS9 hi-res versions look. However the advantages of FSX (native hi-res, textured water, textures to the horizon, blend channel) outweigh this IMHO.
People say how FS9 is "just as good" but when it comes to making scenery, the ability to take a geotiff, add a blend and mask, and pop it through resample is sooooo much easier to get a good result. And you can go down to 6cm resolution if you want.