What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- FSX Add-on for Apple Watch
- FSX Virtavia 50% off at Simmarket
- Concorde+Orbx Sale at Aerosoft
- Simmarket sale on KSNA
- Dreamfoil Bell 407 19.95 (43% off) at x-plane store
- Great Deal on Orbx addons at the flightsimstore.com!
- Flysimware 50% Off
- SimSkunkWorks 50% Off Sale
- MyTraffic 6 FSX+FSXSE+P3D - 40% off at simMarket
- ForSale: Unopened Orbx North America Airports DVDs $5 each!
- GoFlight GF-ATC Air Traffic Communication Module $120
- Goflight GF-RP48 Rotary/Pushbutton module $100
- For Sale: i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- WANTED: TrackIR w/TrackClip Pro
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- For Sale: i7-2600k, ROG Z68 mATX
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- Couple of Pokeys56E for sale
. . .
Salty airCG Ops at Channel Islands
Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:33 PM
Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:28 PM
Channel National Park is just south of Santa Barbara, CA.
Where is that?
It's textured FSX water combined with a blend channel (a gradient from 100% to 0%) that makes a smoothtransition from the textured water to standard FSX water.
Cool! How do you get that effect?- jahman.
Yeah, thanks for the kind words, all!You can smell the fresh sea; inhale... :)
That looks killer! Great job Gottfried :)
Edited by N330DG, 24 February 2012 - 04:30 PM.
Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:34 PM
Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:46 PM
I almost only fly FSX these days. However in *some* aspects FS9 was better. The textures were darker and hi-res textures placed as TexPolys were sharper than the FSX terrain textures are (at same resolution). During testing, I'm sometimes amazed how good our FS9 hi-res versions look. However the advantages of FSX (native hi-res, textured water, textures to the horizon, blend channel) outweigh this IMHO.
People say how FS9 is "just as good" but when it comes to making scenery, the ability to take a geotiff, add a blend and mask, and pop it through resample is sooooo much easier to get a good result. And you can go down to 6cm resolution if you want.