What's New In The File Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (Ver. 2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- saitek yoke pro with burned card
- DCS World Flash Sale July 31 - Aug 3
- Aerosoft Discounts at SimPlanet
- FlightSystems Spring Promo, Free Payware!
- Iris Simulations discount on FSS
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- Taxi2Gate MMMX Mexico City for FSX 30% off at Simmarket
- Chillblast and Matt Davies announce new line of FSX PCs
- FSiPanel July 4th $15 OFF
- Wing Creation Airports 25% off at simMarket
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
- Dell/Alienware M14 (Late 2013 model)
- "Shaker" pair for sale (Transducer and Amplifier)
- Galaxy GTX 780 for sale
- Selling My 737 Gear :(
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System With Rudder Pedals
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- Track IR 5
- VRInsight V737 Overhead
. . .
Salty airCG Ops at Channel Islands
Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:33 PM
Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:28 PM
Channel National Park is just south of Santa Barbara, CA.
Where is that?
It's textured FSX water combined with a blend channel (a gradient from 100% to 0%) that makes a smoothtransition from the textured water to standard FSX water.
Cool! How do you get that effect?- jahman.
Yeah, thanks for the kind words, all!You can smell the fresh sea; inhale... :)
That looks killer! Great job Gottfried :)
Edited by N330DG, 24 February 2012 - 04:30 PM.
Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:34 PM
Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:46 PM
I almost only fly FSX these days. However in *some* aspects FS9 was better. The textures were darker and hi-res textures placed as TexPolys were sharper than the FSX terrain textures are (at same resolution). During testing, I'm sometimes amazed how good our FS9 hi-res versions look. However the advantages of FSX (native hi-res, textured water, textures to the horizon, blend channel) outweigh this IMHO.
People say how FS9 is "just as good" but when it comes to making scenery, the ability to take a geotiff, add a blend and mask, and pop it through resample is sooooo much easier to get a good result. And you can go down to 6cm resolution if you want.