What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- FSX Add-on for Apple Watch
- FSX Virtavia 50% off at Simmarket
- Concorde+Orbx Sale at Aerosoft
- Simmarket sale on KSNA
- Dreamfoil Bell 407 19.95 (43% off) at x-plane store
- Great Deal on Orbx addons at the flightsimstore.com!
- Flysimware 50% Off
- SimSkunkWorks 50% Off Sale
- MyTraffic 6 FSX+FSXSE+P3D - 40% off at simMarket
- ForSale: Unopened Orbx North America Airports DVDs $5 each!
- GoFlight GF-ATC Air Traffic Communication Module $120
- Goflight GF-RP48 Rotary/Pushbutton module $100
- For Sale: i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- WANTED: TrackIR w/TrackClip Pro
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- For Sale: i7-2600k, ROG Z68 mATX
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- Couple of Pokeys56E for sale
. . .
Why update the FMC...?
Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:50 AM
Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:41 PM
Edited by Barnstormer1, 25 February 2012 - 02:43 PM.
Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:09 PM
Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:01 AM
It's not so much that the FMC data overrides the FS data - it's simply that the FMC doesn't use FS data at all. If you want to use realworld current charts, then the FMC data will match (usually - it's not perfect) the charts for that cycle. The only source for the current FMC data is Navigraph. I very much recommend that you do not attempt to modify the data yourself unless you know exactly what you're doing. You may find that unless you are using up to date add-on airports or have modified afcads that things like runway numbers and some ILS frequencies will not match what you see in the FMC.DJ
Thanks...then am I correct to understand that the .dat files in the PSS folders simply override the FS default or addon navaids,waypoints,airways etc. That would make sense, and probably much better match the charts that are available depending on issue dates. I suppose corrections/changes could be made to suit the charts by editing the .dat files also. As well, one would then have to ignore the FS Map and hope the updates are all in order. Any recommendations on a source for updates? ( FS9, Windows 7, PSS 777 Pro.. latest version.)cheersRoss