What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- What did you buy over the holidays and how do you like it?
- Mega sims sale
- Star Citizen's Limited Ship Sale till Feb 1
- Just Flight Canberra Download
- X-Plane 10 with 50% off on Steam for the next 47 hours
- Flightbeam New Years Sale
- Abacus FS Repaint v2
- Rex 4direct
- Heads up! It's the captainsim annual "everything for 9,99 24h sale"!
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- X52 Pro flight controls used $100
- Custom Flight Sim PC For Sale - Upgrade to a faster system now!
- Trade a GoFlight MCP-Advanced for RP48
- Saitek Proflight Yoke
- ***GAMING PC*** with £1,000 of FSX Addons [UK ONLY]
- For Sale Boeing 737 MCP and EFIS
- my evga gtx580 for sale scotland uk
- WTB EVGA GTX780
- I've Logitech G27 mint condition Swap.
. . .
Why update the FMC...?
Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:50 AM
Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:41 PM
Edited by Barnstormer1, 25 February 2012 - 02:43 PM.
Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:09 PM
Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:01 AM
It's not so much that the FMC data overrides the FS data - it's simply that the FMC doesn't use FS data at all. If you want to use realworld current charts, then the FMC data will match (usually - it's not perfect) the charts for that cycle. The only source for the current FMC data is Navigraph. I very much recommend that you do not attempt to modify the data yourself unless you know exactly what you're doing. You may find that unless you are using up to date add-on airports or have modified afcads that things like runway numbers and some ILS frequencies will not match what you see in the FMC.DJ
Thanks...then am I correct to understand that the .dat files in the PSS folders simply override the FS default or addon navaids,waypoints,airways etc. That would make sense, and probably much better match the charts that are available depending on issue dates. I suppose corrections/changes could be made to suit the charts by editing the .dat files also. As well, one would then have to ignore the FS Map and hope the updates are all in order. Any recommendations on a source for updates? ( FS9, Windows 7, PSS 777 Pro.. latest version.)cheersRoss