What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Drzewiecki Design Easter Sale 30% off
- Flysimware 50% off on SimMarket
- FlightSystems Spring Promo, Free Payware!
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition 80% off $4.99 now to Mar 30 End
- EDDK Köln/Bonn from Aerosoft for €14,48 / $14.29
- Airline2Sim Q400 Cadet Training Course 50% off
- Steam Sale FSX + DCS
- FSX: SE on sale... 80% off
- FSX Steam edition is 80% off At the moment
- FSX on Steam back to £3.99 for the weekend
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- Saitek Flight Sim components for sale New-in Box ever used
- Edtracker for sale
- Saitek TPM Panel (throttle,mixture and prop) ** WANTED **
- Selling my GTX Titan Superclocked
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- Precision Flight Controls PFC Yoke, Rudders, Throttles + GoFlight Panels
- For Sale 1947 Piper PA12
- Real 737 Overhead and Aft Overhead For Sale
. . .
Why update the FMC...?
Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:50 AM
Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:41 PM
Edited by Barnstormer1, 25 February 2012 - 02:43 PM.
Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:09 PM
Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:01 AM
It's not so much that the FMC data overrides the FS data - it's simply that the FMC doesn't use FS data at all. If you want to use realworld current charts, then the FMC data will match (usually - it's not perfect) the charts for that cycle. The only source for the current FMC data is Navigraph. I very much recommend that you do not attempt to modify the data yourself unless you know exactly what you're doing. You may find that unless you are using up to date add-on airports or have modified afcads that things like runway numbers and some ILS frequencies will not match what you see in the FMC.DJ
Thanks...then am I correct to understand that the .dat files in the PSS folders simply override the FS default or addon navaids,waypoints,airways etc. That would make sense, and probably much better match the charts that are available depending on issue dates. I suppose corrections/changes could be made to suit the charts by editing the .dat files also. As well, one would then have to ignore the FS Map and hope the updates are all in order. Any recommendations on a source for updates? ( FS9, Windows 7, PSS 777 Pro.. latest version.)cheersRoss