What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (Ver. 2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Iris Simulations discount on FSS
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- Aerosoft Discounts at SimPlanet
- Taxi2Gate MMMX Mexico City for FSX 30% off at Simmarket
- Chillblast and Matt Davies announce new line of FSX PCs
- FSiPanel July 4th $15 OFF
- Wing Creation Airports 25% off at simMarket
- REX 50% off Sale
- LLH Simulations -25%
- Flight1 C510 Mustang Discount
- Selling My 737 Gear :(
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- Galaxy GTX 780 for sale
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
- Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System With Rudder Pedals
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- Track IR 5
- Dell/Alienware M14 (Late 2013 model)
- VRInsight V737 Overhead
- Boeing VR Insight MCP Combo II For Sale - only a few months old
. . .
Why update the FMC...?
Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:50 AM
Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:41 PM
Edited by Barnstormer1, 25 February 2012 - 02:43 PM.
Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:09 PM
Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:01 AM
It's not so much that the FMC data overrides the FS data - it's simply that the FMC doesn't use FS data at all. If you want to use realworld current charts, then the FMC data will match (usually - it's not perfect) the charts for that cycle. The only source for the current FMC data is Navigraph. I very much recommend that you do not attempt to modify the data yourself unless you know exactly what you're doing. You may find that unless you are using up to date add-on airports or have modified afcads that things like runway numbers and some ILS frequencies will not match what you see in the FMC.DJ
Thanks...then am I correct to understand that the .dat files in the PSS folders simply override the FS default or addon navaids,waypoints,airways etc. That would make sense, and probably much better match the charts that are available depending on issue dates. I suppose corrections/changes could be made to suit the charts by editing the .dat files also. As well, one would then have to ignore the FS Map and hope the updates are all in order. Any recommendations on a source for updates? ( FS9, Windows 7, PSS 777 Pro.. latest version.)cheersRoss