Sign in to follow this  
airwolfe

AS2012 - Should I install XGauge ?

I noticed a lot of people are using it on a separate computer, like you are on your laptop. Do you have to install it on both your simulator machine and the laptop and network them somehow ? I haven't dug into this at all.
AS2012 is installed and runs on the network workstation.It connects to FSX vis SimConnect.Xgauge is installed and runs (setupwizzard) on the server (FSX) PC.Get it by going to View/Instrument Panel/Xgauge.It can be undocked/resized. I put it on a second monitor.Has a power on/off button.Has a bunch of buttons (like FMC's LSK's) to make your selection/multiple selections.If you have a flightplan it will display it ... and much more data is available.Here is a quickie screenshot. Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I noticed a lot of people are using it on a separate computer, like you are on your laptop. Do you have to install it on both your simulator machine and the laptop and network them somehow ? I haven't dug into this at all.
I do not have it installed on the main machine. AS2012 is only on my laptop, and it is able to even do its texture thing this way. probably takes a little longer, but whatever, it works and saves space on my FSX drive. Vaughan has the rest of the good information up top.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I do not have it installed on the main machine. AS2012 is only on my laptop, and it is able to even do its texture thing this way. probably takes a little longer, but whatever, it works and saves space on my FSX drive. Vaughan has the rest of the good information up top.
I have already installed it on the main machine, but have barely scratched the surface of using it. If it really takes a toll on my machine I will uninstall it and put it on a separate machine.
AS2012 is installed and runs on the network workstation.It connects to FSX vis SimConnect.Xgauge is installed and runs (setupwizzard) on the server (FSX) PC.Get it by going to View/Instrument Panel/Xgauge.It can be undocked/resized. I put it on a second monitor.Has a power on/off button.Has a bunch of buttons (like FMC's LSK's) to make your selection/multiple selections.If you have a flightplan it will display it ... and much more data is available.Here is a quickie screenshot.
Thanks for the breakdown, I am looking forward to familiarizing myself with the interface this weekend. I wish I had not already installed it on my main machine. Live and learn I suppose.

Where is the Xguage wizard..can't find it?..thanks

This is for AS2012

Local Disk (C:) Program Files (x86)>HiFi>AS2012>XGaugeWizard>XGaugeWizard.exe.