Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

ORBIX Calgary Scenery

New ORBIX Calgary Scenery69720022.png

Just kidding.

Found my old fs2002 disk, installed and took this pic, just for you.

Kind regards,

PS: Also "ORBIX" spelt wrong on purpose!

Ha, you had me for a split-second, as I thought you'd uploaded it in a poor format, like a low-res GIF! Then I saw the lack of, well, anything and figured it out. Good one, shoulda saved it for April Fools, not Lent! :)

Ok, for a second there I thought that you had gone off the deep-end. Never did own FS2002 but it must of looked like cutting edge technology back in the day. Cheers from the left coast.

\Robert Hamlich/

I'm going to start going all nostalgic now, but I remember we had an F-16 simpit in 1991 or 1992 and we flew Chuck Yeager Modern Air Combat and FS5.1. Meigs Field, Chicago was were every newbie simmer learned to fly. I'm sure others have experience with even older flight sims, but that was my first entry into aviation and it has stuck with me ever since. An amazing industry.

SpiritFlyer, I just noticed you're from Atlantic Canada, were abouts? - if you don't mind me asking ;)I grew up in Nova Scotia. In the Valley and school in Halifax.Danny

SpiritFlyer, I just noticed you're from Atlantic Canada, were abouts? - if you don't mind me asking ;)I grew up in Nova Scotia. In the Valley and school in Halifax.Danny
Hi Danny,I am in New Brunswick, but have resided in all 4 Atlantic provinces. Lived 30 years in the west, mostly in Alberta. Lived in 7 different Canadian provinces altogether as well as Cupertino California.Kind regards,

I'm going to start going all nostalgic now, but I remember we had an F-16 simpit in 1991 or 1992 and we flew Chuck Yeager Modern Air Combat and FS5.1. Meigs Field, Chicago was were every newbie simmer learned to fly. I'm sure others have experience with even older flight sims, but that was my first entry into aviation and it has stuck with me ever since. An amazing industry.
Hey! Talk about opening old files in my head! I had Chuck Yeager's Modern Air Combat too. The cover sure looked better than the graphics didn't it?Kind regards,

the amazing thing for me is the jump from that 2002 to even 2004.. which is still going strong today! what a huge improvement from 2 to 4 wow!

Ciao!

Good old FS2002! That´s where I got wings! lol, that´s really amazing how far we´ve come if you compare that to an full ORBX´ed FSX. :(

Stephen, I would be really interested in a good add-on for CYYC. Will ORBX do it do you think? One of my favourite films of all time is, funnily enough, The Right Stuff. And I may be visiting BC again this year (work). I love Canada...this skiing is awesome!

Only 71 fps? :)

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

Ah the memories!!!Brought a tear to my eye....!!