Sign in to follow this  
Stick

Amazing Performance, No lag, stutter, impressed... BUT no TrackIR?

Given a bit of time the blanks and empty spots in Flight will likely be filled in. A quick look at the cfg file indicates much more to come, plus some new surprises. I don't imagine it will take long for Track IR to be supported either. However, it is really in the interest of Natural Point to rigorously pursue the Flight option considering how huge the potential market is. Hope so anyway.Kind regards,
Hello StephenThe MS Flight! team have had the Naturapoint SDK for a long time now according to Naturalpoint.But they have made no attempt to open any channels of communication, and it was raised so many times during the Beta process so it looks like they are not interested, it is hardly a big job to add the support.I have also asked Goflight about their plans for Flight! but so far they have declined to answer.Even working toe brakes would be nice, why support rudder pedals but not the brakes, makes no sense at all.

Given a bit of time the blanks and empty spots in Flight will likely be filled in. A quick look at the cfg file indicates much more to come, plus some new surprises. I don't imagine it will take long for Track IR to be supported either. However, it is really in the interest of Natural Point to rigorously pursue the Flight option considering how huge the potential market is. Hope so anyway.Kind regards,
I completely agree Stephen, from a business perspective, that sounds logical. But I noticed from a quick look on the Naturalpoint forums that there seems to be a 'nose or two out of joint', with Naturalpoint seeming to expect that MS should have contacted them by now, and sounding quite despondent and a little personally offended perhaps that they've had no contact. I'm not digging either organisation; both have brought us good things. But I suspect theres a bit of a "we're not contacting them 'til they contact us" mentality going on.The forum posts I saw were old so hopefully contact has happened and things are moving to get TrackIR into Flight. B) Edited by Stick

After participating in the beta, I've been waiting with my wallet ready to buy the HI Adventure Pack. But I assumed trackIR was going to be added for the final release! How could they not? Every game in the last 5-10 years supports it!I will download what's free and cash in my tokens for the Maule, but I'm holding on to my wallet until this track IR business is fixed!

I got it installed finally...Positives:1) Good visuals2) Good sound3) The ranking system is fairly fun...Negatives:1)Like others said I can't get my saitek combat pedal toe brakes working2) No Track IR3) Hat switch POV reversed (or it doesn't seem intuitive the way the camera pans)In addition, I'll try to setup a Inspector profile because this thing needs some AA badly (or more than default)...I'll probably fly it for a while. It won't be my main sim rig, but it is pretty fun to fly around with HQ scenery.Also, skyvector has Hawaii VFR sectionals... in case anyone else wanted to know!http://skyvector.com/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yeah, i'm using keyboard for brakes which is kind of lame. Flight recognises the toe brakes - like when you walk around the aircraft. Itnjust doesn't recognise them for braking.Think we probably should all post on th naturalpoint forums. Trackir is THE single critical thing missing.My pov switch works just fin (saitek), not that i want to use it. I haven't had any luck still with mouselook - any hints on how you do this? There's a key command in the menu, but it doesn't seem to work.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Clearly this is a "game" and not a simulation. You can't taxi most planes in real life without independent toe brakes (with a few exceptions).

Just to provide a bit of insight into the "NaturalPoint perspective":You guys are welcome to post on our forums, but we're just going to point you back to the Flight team. :) The ball is 100% in their court.We have been in contact with the Flight team for probably around 14 months. In that time, until very recently, there was never an indication that they might not implement TrackIR. They have our SDK, as well as our full technical support.Recently I received an update from one of their software developers informing me that support might not make it into the initial release. But he also indicated that they were considering expanding device compatibility in a future update. He didn't specificy when that update will be released, or what its scope would be.I've been in contact with him since then, and today reminded him that TrackIR is a staple in flight sims, and that MS Flight not including it would, in a sense, make history (in that no major flight title over the past many years hasn't included TrackIR). Just not the good kind of history.In summary: we're committed to TrackIR implementation in Flight. We've provided all of the tools necessary for it to happen. We're also more than happy to provide any necessary technical support.If any interested simmers want to influence the outcome, the best approach will be to contact the Flight team directly, and communicate the importance of TrackIR. And if you'll be witholding money until that support happens, be sure to communicate that as well. :)- Seth

Seth,Many thanks for providing an update, it's really appreciated and it is valuable to know the current situation. I fully understand and agree with your view, that the ball (and choice), now lies with MS.I hope they will reach the obvious decision, that adding TIR support will be nothing but a benefit and would provide a huge ROI.I certainly fit into the category of someone that would buy downloadable content, if, and only if, TrackIR was supported.I have to say that having read Seth's update on this, I am optimistic. Perhaps foolishly, but I a optimistic. :smile: Cheers.

Edited by Stick

Also, skyvector has Hawaii VFR sectionals... in case anyone else wanted to know!http://skyvector.com/
Ryan, I've looked all over that site and cannot locate Hawaii VFR Sectionals. For that matter, Hawaii doesn't seem to even appear anywhere, except for individual airports/heliports/seaports. There's a separate button for Alaska, but nothing for Hawaii! :Shocked: EDIT: I did find VFR Sectional finally buried within the airport charts, but no way to print the entire sectional. Poo! :Thinking:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If people are willing to accept older nav maps, ie 2004, then there's a whole bunch sitting in the File Library. Search under the name Matt Fox and start picking and choosing. One is included for the Hawaiian Islands.

If people are willing to accept older nav maps, ie 2004, then there's a whole bunch sitting in the File Library. Search under the name Matt Fox and start picking and choosing. One is included for the Hawaiian Islands.
Thanks, I'll go look 'em up then. I just like having a paper chart on my "flying desk" handy for quick reference.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ryan, I've looked all over that site and cannot locate Hawaii VFR Sectionals. For that matter, Hawaii doesn't seem to even appear anywhere, except for individual airports/heliports/seaports. There's a separate button for Alaska, but nothing for Hawaii! :Shocked:EDIT: I did find VFR Sectional finally buried within the airport charts, but no way to print the entire sectional. Poo! :Thinking:
Ya I think printing was something the team was looking at...The easiest way to open the section is to enter PHTO in the grey box upper left and then hit go. You'll come to a page with a small thumbnail of section on the left column... then click on that...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |