•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Microsoft Flight Product key?

MS Flight Xbox Live MSN

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 David_McMahon

David_McMahon

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 1 Month and 18 Days Ago.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

Hello Just download MS Flight today and did the first two lessons, very happy and looking forward to exploring more, however I'm prompted for a product key when trying to use the Stearman from the Hanger!I signed in as my normal "LandedBox0030" after I sign in it prompts me for a product key! It says the Stearman is free, so what I am I doing wrong?!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 n4gix

n4gix

Forum Moderator

• 12,076 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 7 Months and 23 Days Ago.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

The Stearman serves as a replacement for a user's a/c when flying in Multiplayer. If you don't have it available, you'll only see a "flying arrow" imposter representing the other user's aircraft.You must be logged into LIVE with your one and only account that you created for Flight to get the "unlocked" Stearman.

Fr. Bill     us.png

Global Moderator

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

"It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading." (Shin'a'in Proverb)

avsim_logo_small-100x50.png

#3 MVGibbage

MVGibbage

Member - 1,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 1,042 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 1 Month and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

I think you need to register a Live account in order to use the Stearman for free.
Kevin Miller

3D Artist and owner of KC Flight Shop

#4 David_McMahon

David_McMahon

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:13 AM

I *think* my Live account is registered, as I have used it with GTA:IV! Is there a way to check? MS Live really confuses stupid me!!!

#5 MVGibbage

MVGibbage

Member - 1,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 1,042 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 1 Month and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:19 AM

Games for MS Live is a load a crud. I hate it. When you go in, press the HOME key. You should see if your logged in there. Also when you start, it should say "USER NAME has signed in".
Kevin Miller

3D Artist and owner of KC Flight Shop

#6 David_McMahon

David_McMahon

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

That's the odd thing, I get that far, only to get the enter product key screen! Am I going to have to get a new Live account now? I thought it was "locked" to my account now anyway, I don't want to have to reinstall windows just for this

#7 n4gix

n4gix

Forum Moderator

• 12,076 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

There's no need to reinstall Windows. You can easily create a new Gamertag account strictly for Flight, as far as I know. Or, contact LIVE support for help in sorting it out for you.

Fr. Bill     us.png

Global Moderator

"It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading." (Shin'a'in Proverb)

#8 David_McMahon

David_McMahon

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:41 AM

Right I completely overreacted! I just rebooted my PC and signed into Live at the first screen of MS Flight, from then going to the hanger enabled the Stearman, and the option to buy the two other Aircraft! (maybe signing in after trying to choose the Stearman was the "wrong" way to do it!)Delete or mark as solved I think! :)

#9 ckukmale

ckukmale

Member - 1,000+

• Gallery Owner
  • 1,124 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 25 Days Ago.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:42 AM

Good to hear David.

#10 n4gix

n4gix

Forum Moderator

• 12,076 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:49 AM

I'm happy you got it sorted out, David! It's truly amazing what an occasional reboot will accomplish. I should probably do it more often myself...Oh wait, Win7's near daily "updates" will do that for me... Nevermind... :LMAO:

Fr. Bill     us.png

Global Moderator

#11 Clem Wu

Clem Wu

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 2 Months and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:52 AM

*Postpone restart in 1 hour* I'm working on my essay Windows 7! Stop bugging me! :D That's why I have it set to manual updating :) And good to hear your problem was solved. I had to reboot mine to see DLC :D The magic of rebooting.
Happy Flying,
Clem Wu

Posted Image

Beta Tester for OZx, Iris Simulations and Shade.

#12 HellRider92

HellRider92

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 6 Months and 2 Days Ago.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hi I'm having the same problem. I cannt log into Windows Live because it always asks me for an Lizence Key! The Account is original and I already used it for GTAIV.How did you solved your problem? Restart the computer or resetting the internet connection didnt work for me :S

#13 doodelbug

doodelbug

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 6 Months and 19 Days Ago.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hi I'm having the same problem. I cannt log into Windows Live because it always asks me for an Lizence Key! The Account is original and I already used it for GTAIV.How did you solved your problem? Restart the computer or resetting the internet connection didnt work for me :S

I just typed 00000000000 until all the boxes filled up for the license key and it logged me in,kindest regards,dave

Edited by doodelbug, 29 February 2012 - 12:58 PM.

#14 JaneRachel

JaneRachel

• Commercial Member
  • 305 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 7 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

this appears to be an issue with the licencing disclaimer stuff. I had the same problem and sought assistance, despite having a valid login.If you open Windows Live from your windows start menu (not from in Flight), you can log in and you will likely be told that the terms of service will need updating since your last login (if you already had an account). Accept the updated licence agreement for temrs of service (for Live, not Flight) and the problem goes away, allowing you to open flight normally.If you do not accept the licence agreement update, you see the request to enter a product key from within Flight itself.. It has to be done from outside of Flight by opening Live from your programs menu directly. Flight gets itself all confused and prompts for the key!all the bestJane W (PCPilot)
- Jane Whittaker

#15 David_McMahon

David_McMahon

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

After I installed the Game, I loaded it and did the first two missions, then I went to the hanger and tried to use the Stearman, I got the Live sign-in page logged in, but it didn't work so I made a post on here, but after I restarted the PC loaded Flight and before loading a flight I signed into Live on the orange text on the first screen

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!