Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

AREZONE - PIPER PA46T MALIBU JETPROP SOUNDSET

Andy has bought it and reported that it came with the prop rpm sound bug. http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2273227That's a bug the default sound set does not incorporate, so maybe keep that in mind. Of course, there might be a chance that Arezone fixes the thing or that you don't have a problem with that sort of setup and just enjoy the quality of the sounds. But I'd say that the default sound set isn't bad at all. I actually like it big time.Their video shows the bug on the landing. He has the power to some 332 lbs and the rpm are at 2200. However, you can't hear the prop rpm at all. He later throttles up a bit, while the prop rpm remain steady, but the prop sound pitches up. Not questioning the actual quality of the sounds, it's just that prop rpm setup which seems wrong.

Edited by CoolP

Hi FLIGHTO and the others,I think I found a very very short part in the Arezone-Youtube video that shows a bit of the problem we are talking about and what I don´t like in the Arezone Vid this time (as said in another post, their sounds are normally very good!):here (link to Youtube-Video)Watch really carefully the part between 2:15 and 2:20 .... there you can see the pilot reducing RPM after lift-off ... watch the RPM gauge and listen!!! .... the overall sound-pitch of the "Engine-mix" is rising up (surely as TRQ increases) but you DO NOT HEAR any RPM-Sound-Pitch getting lower by reducing from 2200rpm to about 2050rpm!!As said this is very hard to find in the video, but if you compare to the Carenado-sounds, there you perfectly HEAR the reducing of the RPM by the soundpitch of it when reducing rpm in these rpm-ranges!Again, the overall sound-enviroment is very good in the Arezone-package, but however it is not realistic so far this time!Hope this helps!

Edited by andy1975

Andy, did you write to the dev about this? Looks like another (impressive) one-man-show company in flight sim business to me, so the ways are short. Maybe he can help to edit the sound.cfg when realizing that the prop dependency is modelled the wrong way. This doesn't need any change on the sound files itself, so it might be easy to do for him and may also enhance future products.

I am doing some research on this... I may just buy it to test it out. Is there any other place to purchase the software other then simarket?

Andy, did you write to the dev about this? Looks like another (impressive) one-man-show company in flight sim business to me, so the ways are short. Maybe he can help to edit the sound.cfg when realizing that the prop dependency is modelled the wrong way. This doesn't need any change on the sound files itself, so it might be easy to do for him and may also enhance future products.
No, sorry, not yet. Busy preparing all my stuff for my holidays next week.
I am doing some research on this... I may just buy it to test it out. Is there any other place to purchase the software other then simarket?
As far as I know Arezone only sells on Simmarket. Edited by andy1975

IMHO, the original sounds are great, but a little too pronounced from the cockpit. The pitch in the cockpit also drives my wife crazy, so that even with my flight room door closed, i have to turn down the volume a little. The frequency of the turbine sound is painful for her and one of our cats. I also like the external sound of the Arezone set.K

IMHO, the original sounds are great, but a little too pronounced from the cockpit. The pitch in the cockpit also drives my wife crazy, so that even with my flight room door closed, i have to turn down the volume a little. The frequency of the turbine sound is painful for her and one of our cats. I also like the external sound of the Arezone set.K
Thats funny, my wife yells at me all the time for this... She says the high pitch goes right through her and gives her a headache.... So i know what you mean...I am going to get the sound set as soon as i can figure out how to buy with the currency conversion.. for some reason my cc wont allow it.. maybe i will try paypal.... Edited by FLIGHTO

PayPal always works with overseas stuff, as your CC only sees PayPal, and not an overseas merchant. Had that same problem with our friends overseas addons. PP fixes that.On a side note... has there been a fix for the reported bug? I'm interested in this sound pack... I'm currently using the TSS King Air set. Default prop sounds drive me crazy also... sound like MS default props. Yuck (although, the turbo/jet sound is pretty good.).

Edited by HawkDsl

I contacted the developer, he said that if he receives other mails about this he might think of patching it up.I did my part, now it's up to you guys!David Di Domizio

LOL... Not enough complaints!Craftsmanship, pride, and a Job well done... ahhh heck with it... we'll wait and see if anyone complains.Wow.Thanks David.

Thanks, David. I hope the dev is aware that a few folks won't even buy if the addon sound pack incorporates a bug the default set doesn't. :(

His name is Gunter and he did seam to be a nice person tough...I must say.I am also aware that this has nothing to do with the soundset.:-)Hopefully we will have an update soon...David Di Domizio

I am also aware that this has nothing to do with the soundset.:-)
But you were talking about the prop rpm bug, not? At least that's how I've read the statements so far, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes CoolP, I was trying to say that being a nice person and standing behind your work are two different things.It's all about the rpm bug of course, sorry if I didn't explain myself better.David Di Domizio