What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- FOKKER F27 100/200/300 OFFER PRICE ENDS SOON!
- Majestic Software Dash 8 - Q400 - Pilot Edition 25% off
- Flight1 BN-2 Islander 50% Off at Just Flight
- ORBX 37% off Sale at FlightSimStore
- Concorde+Orbx Sale at Aerosoft
- FSX Add-on for Apple Watch
- FSX Virtavia 50% off at Simmarket
- Simmarket sale on KSNA
- Dreamfoil Bell 407 19.95 (43% off) at x-plane store
- Boeing 737 787 Engraved Aluminium Alloy YOKE CHECKLIST for Saitek Yoke
- For Sale: i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
- ForSale: Unopened Orbx North America Airports DVDs $5 each!
- AETI Yoke and CH Pedals for sale cheap
- System including all hardware and simpit for sale!
- GoFlight GF-ATC Air Traffic Communication Module $120
- Goflight GF-RP48 Rotary/Pushbutton module $100
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- For Sale: i7-2600k, ROG Z68 mATX
. . .
Windows 8 & X-plane 10
Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:34 PM
Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:17 PM
I think a tablet is very nice for displaying charts or controlling a CDU, but not for rendering detailed graphics for a desktop flight simulator.
A "Metro" based X-Plane would only work with Windows 8, and no more on most operating systems like Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu, Mint or Mac OS. So I think a "Metro" based X-Plane would be a waste of time for Laminar Research.
If you want a mobile version of X-Plane, you can already use a version for iOS and a version for Android.
There's already a confusion between the mobile (and very light) version of X-Plane, and the desktop version. A "Metro" version for Windows 8 or Windows 8 RT would only bring more confusion. Is there really a market for this ?
Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:46 PM
Windows 8 is only good if you have a tablet, if you have a desktop, don't waste your time with it.
Uh, the only thing different is the Metro start screen. Other than that, there are significant speed improvements and optimizations. It's the same Windows OS, just with a different start menu and better performance. You only have to get used to Metro.
Not trying to get this thread off-topic, just saying...