Sign in to follow this  
FlyingDog

A little kept secret

Yes, I am new to posting on Avsim, however I have been coming here for over 5 years now. Figured it was time for me to chime in :smile:No one has posted this and its killing me... I supose it was all lost in the shuffle of Beta and what not... but who here saw the best kept secret in Webisode 6?

Anyone know where that airport is around the 58 second mark? It sure is not in Hawaii...

:58 sec does NOT look like Hawaii.... Can anyone ID that airport?

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

It is in Hawaii, I can't remember it's name though. I flew there last night. It's on the westernmost island, the westernmost major airport. It has a name like sandbank or sandbar. Sorry thats a bit vague.

It is in Hawaii, I can't remember it's name though. I flew there last night. It's on the westernmost island, the westernmost major airport. It has a name like sandbank or sandbar. Sorry thats a bit vague.
You mean Barking Sands. I don't think so. The one on the video shows the edge of the runway by the sea, further away and to the right of the buildings. And there are no mountains close by. Edited by Kabronicus

I don't know where it is, but I can say it's not in Hawai'i.Recall MS saying there are three dev teams, so seeing a peek at something somewhere else, inadvertent as it might be (?) doesn't surprise me.

I think the team snuck in an easter egg.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I think I see some barracks.For all I know, with those scenery pine trees and mountains, it could be one of those military bases in Alaska.That would make a lot of betas very happy.

Edited by Kabronicus

I know that my eyesight isn't all that good, but even when viewing it on my 42" LED HDTV and stepping through frame-by-frame I never did see this mysterious runway by the coastline... :unknw:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Here is a link: http://www.mediafire...4wzg5qxxgq2gb0dSome how I can't make the image display here, sorry.
Thanks. I see it now. That is most certainly not Hawai'i...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

When I joined the beta on the 5th of January, there was stuff from (I presume) the internal guys dating back to early Dec 2011.It was in the feedback section and one of the guys was talking about flying in Alaska.So my guess is............................Fred.