Sign in to follow this  
Guest mna27

Outrageous Pricing hurting Microsoft Flight......

You guys make some good points, but it really comes down to how we each value what we use as I mentioned already.Another big thing is that times change. Simply put. Gaming, internet, distribution, costs, pricing, etc have been changing very quickly in the last few years. This version of Flight is not like all the others, in many ways. MSFT has seen in the last iteration, FSX, that the money that can sustain a continually changing flight platform is not in the base platform, it's in all the add-ons, especially over time. For example, in the last two years, how much profit do you think Microsoft made on FSX? How about Orbx? If you were MSFT, would you build a whole brand new platform that cost, I don't know, $30 million and accept only (make up a %) 40-50% of the total revenues and let other companies get all that other money? All while taking on 100% of the risk? Who would do that in today's gaming industry? (or any industry for that matter) Plus, they're looking for a bigger audience...Thing's are changing. I think a lot of the back and forth on this forum boils down to those that are more accepting of the change, and the direction, and those the aren't.

had 18 different aircrafts, including ultralight, big Jets, choppers, floatplanes and a sailplane............ whole world - atc - ai - autopilot - real weather -let's make a quick count how it will cost flight to get nowhere as near as fsx:18 aircrafts = around us 380autopilot ?? maybe 30 ?bit more land - so you can actually leave hawaii Just%20Kidding.gif - 20real weather - course - in real world planes fly real weather - i think so ! 30ai ?? well - in real world there is lots of aircrafts in the sky - especially over the us ! little ai is a must have - 30here we go if not alaska is california - another bit of land + go to pick mushroom on sequoias nat park mission - 30 + 20tell me who is the winner here ??
X-Plane at a guess ..... !

Heh, If the RV was available in FSX and flew the way it does (which it can't in FSX) and let's say the developer of the plane was Rob from RealAir, and he had it priced anywhere at $40 or less, I'd buy it
You may have a pleasant surprise waiting for you... The Bay Tower RV7 is every bit as nice as, and flies as wellas a RealAir aircraft and is priced below $40..www.baytower.ca

Bert

Guest mna27

Don't forget that ICON paid Microsoft a good chunk of money to have the Icon A5 in the sim (how much? I dunno). This was huge for ICON to have this exposure a year before their plane is released, so all their potential customers could come check it out on MS Flight.

What I don't understand are the FSX users that spend small fortunes on add-ons, as I did, and come on here and complain how expensive the DLC is. If you've purchased a decent amount of add-ons for FSX and think that all of Hawaii and the RV is too expensive for $20, I'm just puzzled.
I never bought any add ons for any flight sim, and I consider myself a pretty experienced flight simmer (Iv'e been simming since Flight Simulator 98). Not to sound repetitive but high prices might have been the norm in the past for add on's.......but until now the flight sim community was quite small compared to other genre's of videogames, and willing to pay high prices. If MS wants to interest the masses they will have to lower the prices imo.

Don't forget that ICON paid Microsoft a good chunk of money to have the Icon A5 in the sim (how much? I dunno). This was huge for ICON to have this exposure a year before their plane is released, so all their potential customers could come check it out on MS Flight.
That is hilarious if its actually true, who is going to want to buy(or could afford to buy) an icon because its in a game? Does icon take MS points? You must be kidding right!!!

Ok so how much a plane like any of the pmdg for Flight products will need to be so that everyone its a happy camper?????

Image removed as image is no longer available.

That is hilarious if its actually true, who is going to want to buy(or could afford to buy) an icon because its in a game? Does icon take MS points? You must be kidding right!!!
No, that kind of product placement always works, for example, like many others also did I am sure, I raced out to buy myself a real Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk after seeing one featured in the Battlefield Bad Company game. It was a snip at 21 million dollars. :LMAO:Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest Antlab
Ok so how much a plane like any of the pmdg for Flight products will need to be so that everyone its a happy camper?????
As many already underlined, the question is not so simple. For simulating a big jet you not only need the aircraft, but also a quite big region, ATC procedures and so on. In FSX these features were already present in the base package, in Flight, as Arsenal82 calculated, adding the various DLC probably will reach a cost prohibitive for many users.A.

Guest mna27
.....you know Microsoft wouldn't choose such a plane to be their feature for no reason...or they would of had a Cessna for the free plane. Obviously Icon is not targeting kids, but it's called name recognition and companies pay big bucks for that. I'd wager that most real world pilots have played around with Microsoft Simulators at some point in their life...

.....you know Microsoft wouldn't choose such a plane to be their feature for no reason...or they would of had a Cessna for the free plane. Obviously Icon is not targeting kids, but it's called name recognition and companies pay big bucks for that. I'd wager that most real world pilots have played around with Microsoft Simulators at some point in their life...
I would have spent the money on a super bowl commercial.

Do you have any proof of this statement? I call BS right here and now.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Do you have any proof of this statement? I call BS right here and now.
I think in this day and age of product placement, it is a reasonable GUESS that Icon did indeed pay to be included...