Sign in to follow this  
Jetranger

NEW Boeing 737-200 out 3/8/2012

Ok, installed, set up a flight at NZNS (Nelson, Orbx NZ), loaded up the Just Flight 737, and WHAM! ........... "A fatal error has closed", at which point FSX closed.Restarted and this time loaded the C172 first, then the 737 .......... 737 loaded ok. Took a look around the VC for around 5 secs, at which point WHAM! ..... "A fatal error has closed" and FSX closed again.So as you can imagine, not happy. The first attempt was with the BA livery, the second attempt with the Canadian livery.Will do some more tests, but first impressions, this is already feeling like a PSS release experience .........VC: It's not great to be honest, but it would be 'sufficient' if I could get the plane to run in FSX for more than 5 secs. It's a bit 'sugary' and the texturing isn't great. The overhead panel is probably better than the MIP and rest of the VC. I think if you compare the VC in this to PMDG and contemprary VCs you will be dissappointed. But it's kind of servicable; similar quality to the Just Flight DC-3 and DC-6 .... a little different but similar alround 'second class' VC texturing.So I'll either get it running and be right back with that sreenshot, or else I'll be invoking the refund from JF. :huh:PS.... Using i7 2600k, 16GB RAM DDR3, HD 5770 1GB, 1.5TB HDD, Win 7 64 bit

Ok, installed, set up a flight at NZNS (Nelson, Orbx NZ), loaded up the Just Flight 737, and WHAM! ........... "A fatal error has closed", at which point FSX closed.Restarted and this time loaded the C172 first, then the 737 .......... 737 loaded ok. Took a look around the VC for around 5 secs, at which point WHAM! ..... "A fatal error has closed" and FSX closed again.So as you can imagine, not happy. The first attempt was with the BA livery, the second attempt with the Canadian livery.Will do some more tests, but first impressions, this is already feeling like a PSS release experience .........VC: It's not great to be honest, but it would be 'sufficient' if I could get the plane to run in FSX for more than 5 secs. It's a bit 'sugary' and the texturing isn't great. The overhead panel is probably better than the MIP and rest of the VC. I think if you compare the VC in this to PMDG and contemprary VCs you will be dissappointed. But it's kind of servicable; similar quality to the Just Flight DC-3 and DC-6 .... a little different but similar alround 'second class' VC texturing.So I'll either get it running and be right back with that sreenshot, or else I'll be invoking the refund from JF. :huh:PS.... Using i7 2600k, 16GB RAM DDR3, HD 5770 1GB, 1.5TB HDD, Win 7 64 bit
FSX and no optional software to start with when loading a new aircraft.After first selecting BB 737 and answering yes to gauges .. if error exit FSX then start it up again.A lot of stuff has to get going here ....Load the Cessna cold and dark first like at KSEA .. standard scenery etc.Then BB 737-200ADV.Should be no errors.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

VC: It's not great to be honest, but it would be 'sufficient' if I could get the plane to run in FSX for more than 5 secs. It's a bit 'sugary' and the texturing isn't great. The overhead panel is probably better than the MIP and rest of the VC. I think if you compare the VC in this to PMDG and contemprary VCs you will be dissappointed. But it's kind of servicable; similar quality to the Just Flight DC-3 and DC-6 .... a little different but similar alround 'second class' VC texturing.
Ouch .Waiting for your Vc shots.-ThanksVic

Thanks Vonmar. I did that on the 2nd attempt. Anyway, I rebooted by system, loaded up a pure default flight then moved to DAAG (my test airport for airliners), and loaded the 737 up. Did not crash for 6 mins of use in FSX: so hopefully it will be ok now. It certainly looks like you will have to go through the ritual of loading default flights and aircrafts to use this one.....Here's a quick VC screenshot I just took; (Honestly; this shot 'flatters' the VC in the sim).jf73710.jpgFirst impressions;-- Sounds are AWFUL.... really tinny and low-fi ... Eg. the sound when you click a switch on the overhead is just awful. It's truncated, tinny and sounds like a freeware sound attempt.- VC is somewhere between OK and Poor. - FPS on my i7 are about 20% lower than in the NGX.- Handflying: Just briefly took off and felt reasonably ok. Haven't landed yet.At this point (and it's VERY early days admittedly) I would not recommend this to anyone - it really does feel like a PSS FS9 addon at Release Candidate. It could be a good addon but would need a lot of improvements.I tried the JF DC-6 demo yesterday and actually now wish I had saved £10 and bought that today instead of this 737 .......Just my 2p, let's see what some other guys say.

VC shot

Best Regards,

HelloThanks for posting the VC shotWell that's one down two to go, the Milvis is looking like the one to go for

Ouch .Waiting for your Vc shots.-ThanksVic
Your gonna buy it anyway .. just go get the credit card!Support our developers.You will love it once you get in and start clicking around.

Best Regards,

HelloThanks for posting the VC shotWell that's one down two to go, the Milvis is looking like the one to go for
I agree! I was thinking of getting JF/BBS one, but it seems like it'd be better to wait.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Ok, took another pic, this one tells you all you need to know about the texturing quality in the VC:-Look at the FO seat, in particular;jf737_10.jpgBearing in mind my moderate enthusiam for this release, and positivity earlier in this thread, I have to say that this aircraft is a huge disappointment. It would bode as only an average release, were it 2005, and it were running in FS9.I'm sorry but it really is that bad in my honest opinion.I completed a circuit at DAAG and the FDE is as awful as the sound. If you are really, really desperate for a 737-200 buy it but be warned; you will need to be desperate.I'm amazed JF have commited to a boxed product of this already (they're already shipping the boxed version as well as the d/l). I fear that if this is the quality of release PSS/Black Box are showing us for their (re)launch product, they will not last the journey in todays market.Uninstalled..... :(

Your gonna buy it anyway .. just go get the credit card!Support our developers.
Not gonna happen. I have no problem supporting developers even if sometimes they release, for me, not so good stuff.( I bought and kept a few eaglesoft planes even if I thought/think their VC suck-I'm a VC man and for me VC is a priority ) but I'm not going to support devs like feeltheirs or other devs who seem to have the guts to put out crapware like this and charge an arm and a leg. It's either CS or Milviz here ( or both :-))Vic

Not gonna happen. I have no problem supporting developers even if sometimes they release, for me, not so good stuff.( I bought and kept a few eaglesoft planes even if I thought/think their VC suck-I'm a VC man and for me VC is a priority ) but I'm not going to support devs like feeltheirs or other devs who seem to have the guts to put out crapware like this and charge an arm and a leg.It's either CS or Milviz here ( or both :-))Vic
Feelthere is actually rather good lately. I think you mean Wilco... They are the ones people complain about, not Feelthere.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Ok, look, on reflection, my comments above were harsh, so early into the release.That's not to say they weren't fair or accurate, but they were harsh.It just that, apart from the quite poor textures, sound and FDE, it feels like very buggy release; here's an example; do you like the sound of a trim wheel turning in a 737? .............well you had better in this plane because the trim wheel spins relentlessly while the AP is holding altitude at cruise. It never ever reaches it's trim point, and so just spins constantly, with a really distracting noise, that ruins the flight.There are other examples, such as many of the switches on the OHP facing the wrong way to how they are in real life. The AP is supposed to be simple being the Sperry 77 but even in modes where you are supposed to be contoling pitch manually as in the real aircraft, this one will HOLD onto a set pitch furiously. Half way into my cruise, with the ALT HOLD activated along with HDG hold, and both AP servers on, my plane dive bombed form 20,000 to 13,400 without explanation. Then started to climb again.I stand by a solid lack of recommendation for this release - it's just not at the quality required for a £31 ($45) dollar release.But maybe it will be improved with a patch.

Ok, look, on reflection, my comments above were harsh, so early into the release.That's not to say they weren't fair or accurate, but they were harsh.It just that, apart from the quite poor textures, sound and FDE, it feels like very buggy release; here's an example; do you like the sound of a trim wheel turning in a 737? .............well you had better in this plane because the trim wheel spins relentlessly while the AP is holding altitude at cruise. It never ever reaches it's trim point, and so just spins constantly, with a really distracting noise, that ruins the flight.There are other examples, such as many of the switches on the OHP facing the wrong way to how they are in real life. The AP is supposed to be simple being the Sperry 77 but even in modes where you are supposed to be contoling pitch manually as in the real aircraft, this one will HOLD onto a set pitch furiously. Half way into my cruise, with the ALT HOLD activated along with HDG hold, and both AP servers on, my plane dive bombed form 20,000 to 13,400 without explanation. Then started to climb again.I stand by a solid lack of recommendation for this release - it's just not at the quality required for a £31 ($45) dollar release.But maybe it will be improved with a patch.
You finally got to the point I wanted to make. At $45, this is not a good release. It looks and sounds rushed. I'm a 737-200 fanatic, but this add on is not for me.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Feelthere is actually rather good lately. I think you mean Wilco... They are the ones people complain about, not Feelthere.
No I actually mean feel theirs./off topic mode on/They released the nice erjv2.The night lighting (vc) was bad.They were asked to fix it.They did not.This made the plane unusable for me and others too. To me that's crap.Ejets= red beacon flashing in the cockpit (vc). They were asked to fix it and their pr said he had this flashing in all his addons (what a genius).This made the plane unusable for me. To me that's crap.Later on this flashing in the vc was fixed by awf btw but this does not really matter.FT is,imo, a crap dev/vendor and I will not support it.I didnt want to hijack the thread just wanted to point out a few things./off topic mode off/back on topic.

Eek, definitely going to wait for the next two vendors. That VC is not at all what I would want for my money.

- Aaron