Sign in to follow this  
rtodepart

My idea of a game and a simulation .

Hello everyone before i go on i would like to mention that this its just my view and that im open to any opinion that is not the same as mine as far as its kept in a nice and mature way without getting out of hand if you know what i mean .So what is my view of a arcade world or scenario if i was looking to get the casual game player attention? i would go on to create a world that does not exist a world thats only in my mind and does not simulate a single bit of realisim , ill create a pretty island with not too much detail a fake runway with a fake airplane model that does not exist and ill make no effort at all to make sure this plane flights in a realistic way at all because lets remember that im trying to get the video game players interest and thats it . why put a taxiway with a sign ?? i have no interest in making my new customers that im looking for to be interested in learning what that yellow sign means at all . a terminal ??? why? he only needs to take off and land . and ILS system for the landing ??? a working VOR and the like ???nope ill skip that too . If i was looking to create a flight simulator ill make the BIG effort to include those things that only interest to the users of a flight simulator but lets remenber im creating a game here. ill stop here by now you guys should see my view of a game now .So now lets say that im a developer of a long time flight simulation programs that in the past i was nice to give all my customers a window for FREE so they can design and chance things if they wanted too .some went as far as developing GREAT renditions of parts of the world and diferent aircraft available at a price. this time i tried to get in a agreement with those developers so they can design and sell their work for my program under my name and under my rules. but that did not work . so ill keep on going on my own now and maybe later ill try the same again . at the same time i notice a market outside my system that was generating a income small or big it does not matter it was a income that now i want to be able to get it all .now remember i try to invite those other developers but things did not work . Because of the way things work in a flight simulator i notice that before there was a big number of users that were afraid of buying the product , so this time im going to create a similar product but ill do my best to not keep those new customers away and ill include some similar situations of a game to invite those new users to try my product in while they try to collect coins they will learn to handle the new planes with out getting to know much about the complex part of simulating real world operations later they will become more interested in getting more out of the experience and ill turn on those features on the aircraft so they can use it , at the same time my old customers will be just fine because they allready know what im offering and how to use this software . Ill include the same as before a working aircraft thats similar to the real one with a working interior and the same complex panels so that they simulate real world prosedures . the avility to use a ILS system VORs NBDs . Now that my customers wont be able to use a outside network to simulate multiplayer experience ill include a feature that was not there before ill give my customers the avility to be able to use their Comm radios with not only text but also Voice . Before they had to look for another product so they can simulate walking outside the aircraft or around the airport , now they can because that feature its already build in my new product . now in a way you can simulate a walk around before they jump in the aircraft . Before the interior of all my default aircraft were not as realistic as they should be very often my customers had to go and look for more detail from a outside developer . now ill make the interior more realistic yet with some features not working but thats a work in procces . to set a example Now when your aircraft engine its turn on you can open the door and notice the outside sounds on the enviroment . very often that had to be done with a product from a outside developer . Ill stop here and hope by now you guys understand my view .So do you think its aarcade unrealistic game ???? i dont think so .but thats just my opinion . Thanks for reading and again im open to any opinion as far as we can all keep it cool and mature.

Edited by rtodepart

Image removed as image is no longer available.

just wanted to add one thing about what i said about 3rd p developers not getting in to a agrrement with MS . i was just setting a example of what happened. I do support alot of the great work from freeware and payware devs.

Image removed as image is no longer available.

That was well thought out Tony. Enjoyed it and you have put forward some keen scenariosKind regards,

If you put in some well placed hard returns here and there, I might read it. :wink: Long posts really need some good formatting.

Edited by J van E