Sign in to follow this  
CRI

How do I change the colour of the radio dispays?

After installing SP 1c my radio dsiplays turned orange instead of white. I've serched the manuals for guidance but I'm probably to stupid or ignorant (or both) to find the answer.I would be most grateful if someone could help me so I can get the white figures back.

After installing SP 1c my radio dsiplays turned orange instead of white. I've serched the manuals for guidance but I'm probably to stupid or ignorant (or both) to find the answer.I would be most grateful if someone could help me so I can get the white figures back.
Well, there doesn't seem to be an option to go back to what we saw pre-SP1c, but maybe someone will figure out something.I do like the orange figures. PMDG decided to model older-style radios in the NGX, so the orange figures definitely fit the older equipment better.My only gripe is that the contrast of the orange figures against the orange backlighting, especially at night, is too low. Edited by bpcw001

Dave P. Woycek

Thank you Dave! At least it wasn't me who screwed something up :) I share your opinion on the backlighting and I just liked the white displays better.@Daniel: White figures are super realistic as well. It just depends on which aircraft you're in. I've never seen anything but white displays :)

Gents-The displays mimic the subject aircraft and hundreds of others RW- only the transponder LCD is white as per RW- the remainder are accurately depicted now. Small adjustments of lighting can help with readability. The change was intentional- and accurate. Really.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Looks like the pressurization panel changed too, and I think the Honeywell MCP looks different as well. I may be seeing things, but it also looks like the transponder display on the 2d panel got cleaned.

Steve Caffey

All the LED/LCD digits were changed to exactly match our real photos - they were quite wrong in how they looked before actually. It'd been on the bug list forever and just now got fixed in SP1c. Trust me, this now matches the real aircraft we photographed.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Those "little" things make NGX a star and the its developer the outstanding winner. Thanks guys.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

All the LED/LCD digits were changed to exactly match our real photos - they were quite wrong in how they looked before actually. It'd been on the bug list forever and just now got fixed in SP1c. Trust me, this now matches the real aircraft we photographed.
as i said, exactly the same! good job PMDG

Good one then. Didn't think the contrast was so low and the backlighting so bright on these orange displays at night.

Dave P. Woycek

ok, haha i thought i was losing my marbles when i did my first flight post SP1C. the pressurization panel LED was changed to orange as well from white, if i remember correctly?adam

Is there any difference or benefit over one color or another? I thought both were rw options.

Pressurization panel pre-SP1 was the white LCD style digits and they changed to the orange LED digits, yes.
Ryan, are the led on the MCP supposed to be white ? I have orange as mentioned, but not on the MCP.Cheers

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi All I dont tend to look at the minutae of detail in the cockpit as some of you guys, as I much prefer to just fly, I hadn't realised that the colours of the radio dispalys or anything else had been changed. What I did notice immediately is that the whole cockpit area looked diffrenet somehow, even sharper, or had I just cleaned my glasses. whatever! all that matters is this aircraft is the premier 737 in the market place.Can't remember whether it was this 737 or the ifly one but I recall a great whoha about a spelling error on an overhead panel, You know what I couldn't find that either no matter how many times I looked, and then an update came out and it was fixed, guess I'm just not so picky as most.Anyway once again to robert and the team and all the beta testers thank you for a superb rendition of the 737, I continue to support PMDG to the fullest and await the next product that I am bound to buy on day of release.Wycliffe