•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
- - - - -

What is Error 80154002 (Games for Windows LIVE)?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Inactive Member_Antlab_***

Inactive Member_Antlab_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 7 Months and 28 Days Ago.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hi all.I am trying to obtain the Product Key for Flight, but I have a problem.When I insert my data (adress and password) in the form, I obtain a strange message indicating an Error 80154002.I tried at first with the data I normally use for Live Messenger. Then I also tried to make a new Live account, but also with the new data the same error appears. So at present I am not able to obtain the necessary Key.Do you have any idea about this issue? Did anyone have the same error message?Just for information, I have a quite new PC with Windows 7 64 bit, concerning MS network services I currently use also Live Messenger without problems.Thanks.A.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 n4gix

n4gix

Forum Moderator

• 12,062 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 7 Months and 19 Days Ago.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

*bump to top* (I suspect this got pushed down too quickly!)

Fr. Bill     us.png

Global Moderator

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

"It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading." (Shin'a'in Proverb)

avsim_logo_small-100x50.png

#3 Scottj85

Scottj85

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 7 Months and 6 Days Ago.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

I had a similar error. It worked after uninstalling and reinstalling Games For Windows Marketplace and redownloading Flight.

#4 KevQA

KevQA

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 3 Years and 25 Days Ago.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

Try this:http://www.microsoft...gninIssues.aspxYou have to have a windows live account AND and xbox account in order to use flight.
Kevin Witt

Posted Image

#5 Inactive Member_Antlab_***

Inactive Member_Antlab_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 7 Months and 28 Days Ago.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

Thanks guys.Finally I have been able to solve the problem, but I don't know exactly how :-)At first I tried to create a new Live account, but the problem persisted. Then, after further searches on the net, I read about the xbox account, so I made also one of those (I did not have any, not owning an xbox).Then the error message changed, passing to an equally misterious 80131509. l also read about some registry changes, but did not try them before better undertanding the possible effects.After a pair of reboots, I retried with the xbox account data, and this time the login worked, so I obtained the Stearman.In conclusion, if anyone get my same error message, probably the best thing is to create a new xbox account and retry to login several times, maybe after rebooting.Thanks.A.