Sign in to follow this  
MO-Airlines

Sound problem NGX

Hi guys,I got this problem after I reinstalled Windows 7 on my computer:I can only hear engine sounds and winds.No GPWS, no flaps being lowered or raised, no sound effects when using spoilers, etc.Even flying upside-down won't get me warning sounds... <_<I know what sounds I need to be hearing in flight, I flown it pretty much every day before reinstalling Windows, so that's why I'm posting this and seek for help.Strange thing is I have never seen other topic's about this problem...Any help will be appreciated! :smile:MO-Airlines

Edited by MO-Airlines

si.php?name=Marcel&prefix=&surname=Onderdelinden

I've had exactly the same problem which was sorted simply by going into the sound control panel and ensuring that everything is ticked for stereo and NOT 5.1 or Quad surround sound. Works fine now!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Thanks for the fast reply's!Nothing really worked for me.. DirectX pops up a error when trying to install and I already set my sound to surround.I also got a problem with MSVCR90.dll that crashes the livery manager, at first it crashed FSX too when it finished loading the NGX but not anymore. Don't know why though..I think I'm just going to reinstall Windows again, just did that few days ago because of trouble with FSX and NGX but it has just gone worse. I also got some other add-ons that don't work well now so I think there has gone something wrong with the Windows install or something.Third time lucky I hope!MO-Airlines

Edited by MO-Airlines

si.php?name=Marcel&prefix=&surname=Onderdelinden

This has happened to me since I installed SP1C. All I hear is the Aircraft engines, all the clicks and beeps etc etc from the cockpit have gone. I have been away for a few days so have not had a chance to investigate further but if any if anyone else has seen this then all help appreciated. I will state that unlike the OP this is not a clean install but an upgrade from SP1b to 1c.ThanksAndy.

Andy Mahaffey

lntel  i7 6700k Skylake​ (watercooled)

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics

​Win 10, FSX -SE (with CH Pedals and Saitek Proflight Yoke)

I already set my sound to surround.
As I said previously, set your settings to stereo... Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

As I posted in this forum and as others have said on other topic posts. A reinstallation of Direct X fixed this issue for me. Andy

Andy Mahaffey

lntel  i7 6700k Skylake​ (watercooled)

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics

​Win 10, FSX -SE (with CH Pedals and Saitek Proflight Yoke)