What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (Ver. 2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Aerosoft Discounts at SimPlanet
- Iris Simulations discount on FSS
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- Taxi2Gate MMMX Mexico City for FSX 30% off at Simmarket
- Chillblast and Matt Davies announce new line of FSX PCs
- FSiPanel July 4th $15 OFF
- Wing Creation Airports 25% off at simMarket
- REX 50% off Sale
- LLH Simulations -25%
- Flight1 C510 Mustang Discount
- Selling My 737 Gear :(
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- Galaxy GTX 780 for sale
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
- Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System With Rudder Pedals
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- Track IR 5
- Dell/Alienware M14 (Late 2013 model)
- VRInsight V737 Overhead
- Boeing VR Insight MCP Combo II For Sale - only a few months old
. . .
Windows 8 and Fsx
Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:46 PM
Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:41 PM
Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:33 AM
Having purchased the MacBook Pro I'm using to type this response, quite frankly 'upgrading' to an OS from MS doesn't do anything for me anymore! I love the 21 sec boot up, the 3 sec close down, and everything indeed works! I have Vista 64 on my gaming machine that is used now only for gaming, so moving to Win 8 will be unnecessary for me, thank goodness! It was Office 2007 and 2010 which finally killed all interest in MS for me, though they did help declutter the software and its heinous Ribbon of Hell when they put out Office 2011 for Mac ;o)Noel
Okay I really don't know if this beOn here but, does anyone have the desire to test Windows 8 and Fsx. I am setting up a PC which I will use to run windows 8 and would be intereted if anyone else is considering the same.So many questionsWhy do it ??What about FSUIC SIOCI wll attempt to install FSX with Windows 8 and then my addonsHardware ?? mcps, Efis,Throttles, etc......Multiple monitorsOur cockpits !!!!This will take some time due to the many other spring activities but I will pursue it anyone else ???Ron (Aka Granpa)