The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Airline2Sim Q400 Training half price weekend....
- 25 Percent off at FS2Crew. Coupon Code: SCHOOL2014
- LatinVFR San Juan 20% Off @ Simmarket
- Skyhighsim - 50% price reduction
- Razbam Super Sale! Harrier and Metroliner for $20
- Wing Commander 3 Free until 2 September
- Quality Wings 757 Discounted
- Qualitywings BAe 146 permanent discount
- A2A Sale 25% Off For Duration Of Oshkosh Airshow
- Fswidgets 10 Year Anniversary Sale - 50% Off
- FSX PC For Sale (United Kingdom)
- KingWin Lazer Power Supply 1000 Watts with Universal Modular Connectors/3 Way LED Switch/80 Plus Bronze ATX
- 737 Yoke from Ace for sale
- MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr 2Gb
- ASUS Rampage III Formula
- Attn New or Budget Constrained Simmers
- For Sale: Corsair Force GT 240 GB SATA III/6G SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive - CSSD-F240GBGT-BK
- Looking for Saitek Pro Flight throttle spare black knob
- Parts for Free -- CH PRO Pedals - USB
- Boeing 737-800 Overhead panel for SALE!
. . .
Windows 8 and Fsx
Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:46 PM
Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:41 PM
Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:33 AM
Having purchased the MacBook Pro I'm using to type this response, quite frankly 'upgrading' to an OS from MS doesn't do anything for me anymore! I love the 21 sec boot up, the 3 sec close down, and everything indeed works! I have Vista 64 on my gaming machine that is used now only for gaming, so moving to Win 8 will be unnecessary for me, thank goodness! It was Office 2007 and 2010 which finally killed all interest in MS for me, though they did help declutter the software and its heinous Ribbon of Hell when they put out Office 2011 for Mac ;o)Noel
Okay I really don't know if this beOn here but, does anyone have the desire to test Windows 8 and Fsx. I am setting up a PC which I will use to run windows 8 and would be intereted if anyone else is considering the same.So many questionsWhy do it ??What about FSUIC SIOCI wll attempt to install FSX with Windows 8 and then my addonsHardware ?? mcps, Efis,Throttles, etc......Multiple monitorsOur cockpits !!!!This will take some time due to the many other spring activities but I will pursue it anyone else ???Ron (Aka Granpa)