What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Free VFR Photo Scenery Vol 6 never istalled for FS2004
- Free simMarket addon - FSDG's Oresund X for FSX & P3D v2.x
- Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99
- Aerosoft Winter Sale 20% off boxed products
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Just Flight Pick and Mix Sale
- Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Any one looking for a complete Fuselage to make a sim out of? There are a few on ebay for $300
- X-Plane FlyJsim 727 complete $39 !
- Precision Flight Controls Beech Yolk with Hall Effect & Digital Clock
- Reduced! PFC Cirrus II Console and Pedals $500 + shipping
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS - Priced low for quick sale!
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- SAITEK PRO FLIGHT SWITCH PANEL (UK based)
- Saitek X52 System For Sale
- SAITEK Trim Wheel for sale (UK, IRL or Europe only)
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
. . .
Windows 8 and Fsx
Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:46 PM
Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:41 PM
Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:33 AM
Having purchased the MacBook Pro I'm using to type this response, quite frankly 'upgrading' to an OS from MS doesn't do anything for me anymore! I love the 21 sec boot up, the 3 sec close down, and everything indeed works! I have Vista 64 on my gaming machine that is used now only for gaming, so moving to Win 8 will be unnecessary for me, thank goodness! It was Office 2007 and 2010 which finally killed all interest in MS for me, though they did help declutter the software and its heinous Ribbon of Hell when they put out Office 2011 for Mac ;o)Noel
Okay I really don't know if this beOn here but, does anyone have the desire to test Windows 8 and Fsx. I am setting up a PC which I will use to run windows 8 and would be intereted if anyone else is considering the same.So many questionsWhy do it ??What about FSUIC SIOCI wll attempt to install FSX with Windows 8 and then my addonsHardware ?? mcps, Efis,Throttles, etc......Multiple monitorsOur cockpits !!!!This will take some time due to the many other spring activities but I will pursue it anyone else ???Ron (Aka Granpa)