What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- What did you buy over the holidays and how do you like it?
- Star Citizen's Limited Ship Sale till Feb 1
- Mega sims sale
- Just Flight Canberra Download
- X-Plane 10 with 50% off on Steam for the next 47 hours
- Flightbeam New Years Sale
- Abacus FS Repaint v2
- Rex 4direct
- Heads up! It's the captainsim annual "everything for 9,99 24h sale"!
- X52 Pro flight controls used $100
- Custom Flight Sim PC For Sale - Upgrade to a faster system now!
- Trade a GoFlight MCP-Advanced for RP48
- Saitek Proflight Yoke
- ***GAMING PC*** with £1,000 of FSX Addons [UK ONLY]
- For Sale Boeing 737 MCP and EFIS
- my evga gtx580 for sale scotland uk
- WTB EVGA GTX780
- I've Logitech G27 mint condition Swap.
- For Sale
. . .
Windows 8 and Fsx
Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:46 PM
Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:41 PM
Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:33 AM
Having purchased the MacBook Pro I'm using to type this response, quite frankly 'upgrading' to an OS from MS doesn't do anything for me anymore! I love the 21 sec boot up, the 3 sec close down, and everything indeed works! I have Vista 64 on my gaming machine that is used now only for gaming, so moving to Win 8 will be unnecessary for me, thank goodness! It was Office 2007 and 2010 which finally killed all interest in MS for me, though they did help declutter the software and its heinous Ribbon of Hell when they put out Office 2011 for Mac ;o)Noel
Okay I really don't know if this beOn here but, does anyone have the desire to test Windows 8 and Fsx. I am setting up a PC which I will use to run windows 8 and would be intereted if anyone else is considering the same.So many questionsWhy do it ??What about FSUIC SIOCI wll attempt to install FSX with Windows 8 and then my addonsHardware ?? mcps, Efis,Throttles, etc......Multiple monitorsOur cockpits !!!!This will take some time due to the many other spring activities but I will pursue it anyone else ???Ron (Aka Granpa)