Sign in to follow this  
VultUx

Open ports to play online in MS Flight

Hi Guys,Im new here in the forum and Im new in flight simulators too, but I have alot of experience in play online with Xbox and I would like to share my knowledge about this. I searched here in the forum but didnt find any topic about this subject.MS Flight use the same network that Xbox to play online with Game for Windows Live and so the same rules to play in Xbox apply to play online with MS Flight.You need to open some ports in your Router to use Live in the best way, if you don't open this ports you still play online but with some limitations, for example:

• if your NAT is moderate you connect to others games but no one connects to you your game even if your game is public;
  • some times if two players have NAT moderate they can not hear each other;
  • and some times others players cant hear you.

You need to know a little about your router to enable Port Forward, one of the best sites to find information is www.portforward.comThe ports to open are:

Port 88
(UDP)
Port 3074
(UDP e TCP)
<--- this is the most important port to open.
If in the future MS Flight will have Kinect support and you like to use Kinect to talk, you will probably need to open this port too:
Port 1863
(UDP e TCP) but in the moment you don't need to worry about.
Thats it!PS.: Sorry about the bad english.

vultux.jpg

hi there,I still can not get online. I have the error after sign in. it says downloading my profile, please do not close the program, and after 1 min. I got an error message as it is not possible to download your profile. checking on the details. it says that the Internet IP address and UPnP are not regiested (or not found?) System link address is not active.I have used netstat -ano to check, there is no difference after running this "Sign in", so I dont find any port need to be opened.As I have opened the ports you mentiond: 88 UDP tp local 88 3074 UDP and TCP to local 3074, is that correct way to open it?what shall I do on the local side?Thanks a lot!

I still can not get online. I have the error after sign in. it says downloading my profile, please do not close the program, and after 1 min. I got an error message as it is not possible to download your profile. checking on the details. it says that the Internet IP address and UPnP are not regiested (or not found?) System link address is not active.
If you can't login then the problem isn't ports, even if you dont open any port you still should be able to login fine.You could see if you have space left in your HD to save the profile, or try to create another user and see if this new user can login.Sorry not help too much.

vultux.jpg

still can not get online. I have the error after sign in. it says downloading my profile, please do not close the program, and after 1 min. I got an error message as it is not possible to download your profile. checking on the details. it says that the Internet IP address and UPnP are not regiested (or not found?) System link address is not active.
I don't know if this might help:My router is a D-link, but probably most routers have these options:Enable UPnP (checked)Enable Gaming Mode (checked)Try running Flight in administrator mode. Some days ago, there was a thread on PORTS, try to do a search here.here is 1 link: http://forum.avsim.n...-ports-to-open/

Thanks for both of you.I think I can login, but I can not download the profile. and, I can not login with the market-live login.I am sure I have enough space (more than 15G for C: and others.) I will try to open another account to login.I have a Frizbox UPnP is enabled, dont find game port....

the market live can login without problem. just the game. If I try to sign in, it shows always the window of downloading profile, then error.tried everything, no idea anymore...

I know they suck, but have you tried ms support?
lol, nope, I have tried to call the US support on sunday since the localone not working. they told me they support region of north AM only after asked me questions for more than 10 min....Will try the one for local tomorrow...