•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

achieving high altitude..err highest altitude

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 fastcarfastplane

fastcarfastplane

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 5 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

So, i noticed an aerocache called "Curvature of the earth"...which is above the hilo apt at 80,000ft....obviously we have nothing that can get there, but never the less, i figured i'd see how close i can get in the 3 aircraft that come with the game (i do not have a p51 or maule)i was able to get the highest with the rv-6....17,000ft...like wise, get some achievements by going into a spin stall and spinning 15+ times, doing a nose dive from this alt. and hitting around 500kts, and then pulling up and hitting over 12g's.anyways...whats the highest you've been?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Maca07166

Maca07166

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 5 Months and 27 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

38k with the P51 before doing the mother of all dive bombs back to the bottom :)

#3 dezader

dezader

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 5 Months and 23 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

16 000 feet with the stearman

#4 Mirtma

Mirtma

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 5 Months and 26 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

22524 ft with StearmanPosted Image

Posted Image

#5 fastcarfastplane

fastcarfastplane

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

wow, you guys did work with the steamen? wtf! i hate that plane...loland umm, what is that "high flying glider" in the picture u posted? glider? hmmmmm

#6 Rabin

Rabin

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 5 Months and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

36K with the P51 and then a dive bomb to get the Mach 1 achievement :Just Kidding:

#7 Kabronicus

Kabronicus

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,175 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 7 Months and 7 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

So, i noticed an aerocache called "Curvature of the earth"...which is above the hilo apt at 80,000ft....obviously we have nothing that can get there, but never the less, i figured i'd see how close i can get in the 3 aircraft that come with the game (i do not have a p51 or maule)

Over at the beta, a guy we trust, claims he already got it; so there must be a way.I guess, we must have to keep looking:

Ramón

#8 fastcarfastplane

fastcarfastplane

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

i don't see how....i mean, we'd have to go what you've already gone (22k) and do that 3 more times....i'd guess the p51 has the best chance though if it can be done.

#9 Kabronicus

Kabronicus

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

i don't see how....i mean, we'd have to go what you've already gone (22k) and do that 3 more times....i'd guess the p51 has the best chance though if it can be done.

I don't know yet, but I have been close, on the P-51 nicknamed "Kite" at FL 39 and around 14.1 km or 7.6 nm away, still can't find it though.Some of us have tried to find the SR-71, but no luck for me, and I don’t know if it’s even there. (I spent several hours walking around the airport where it is supposed to be, btw. it’s very nicely modeled.)But I'll keep trying till I get it.I forgot to tell you; Its not over HIlo.

Ramón

#10 LHookins

LHookins

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 4 Months and 7 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

I didn't like the Stearman at first, but after forcing myself to fly it, I'm finding it a pretty good and enjoyable airplane. If this had been FSX with a lot more aircraft available, I'd never have flown it.The largest hangar at Honolulu has *something* in it... invisible and blocks your path in odd ways. If it's the SR-71 I haven't been able to get into it.Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

#11 styckx

styckx

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,757 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 5 Months and 26 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

Where did this urban legend of the SR-71 being in game come from? It's mentioned in a aerocache but that's about it. All you have to do is check the pak files.. There is no SR-71 in the game.. CoreContent contains the Stearman, Icon and some Delta thingy which isn't even an airplane. The DLC Paks contain exactly what they're supposed to contain and nothing more. There is no SR-71 in game.. This rumor is spreading like fire though.
Bill

#12 RoboRay

RoboRay

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,456 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 5 Months and 28 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

The hangars at Kaneohe also contain invisible objects that block you. They're certainly just untextured surfaces in the hangar models that MS didn't worry about because they didn't expect people to actually wander around in there when they could be out flying.

l51WoN2.png

Kerbal Space Program... Where failure is always an option.

#13 Gustavo Maciel

Gustavo Maciel

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 5 Months and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

I tried pressing Y... didn't work :biggrin:

#14 Kabronicus

Kabronicus

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

I didn't like the Stearman at first, but after forcing myself to fly it, I'm finding it a pretty good and enjoyable airplane. If this had been FSX with a lot more aircraft available, I'd never have flown it.The largest hangar at Honolulu has *something* in it... invisible and blocks your path in odd ways. If it's the SR-71 I haven't been able to get into it.Hook

Hi Hook: Yes, I have been there, in fact I have been all around that airport, I pretty much know my way around the whole thing without a map.I even did the "Back to the Future Thing" (how silly) My feet hurt.

I can't imagine them putting in an aerocache with no possible way to get it.

I Agree

Ramón

#15 LHookins

LHookins

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 4 Months and 7 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Eddy: The "delta thingy" is probably the "ufo" that people see in multiplayer if another player is flying an aircraft they don't have.Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;