Sign in to follow this  
sako75

Importing files into .PAK

There you go - turns out there's no such thing as an unmoddable game.
Its a start.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

This thread is the most promising I have ever seen since a while.Keep up the classy jobs guys !

I'd hate to rain on your parade but MS has been against modding of any of their live games in the past. And I am not talking about modders bypassing the security checks on xbox games but people just changing the skin of their avatars green. You may want to read the EULA / TOS very closely because if MS detects the change they will ban your LIVE account and you will lose all ability to purchase or play online with that account. Hence you will have to create a new one and to go online with friends will mean repurchasing new DLC again.If your going to test modding, do it with an account that you have not purchased anything on to keep yourself safe from the MS Hammer.Kudo's for finding this stuff out, I am sure if you figure out how to unlock more people will definitely make an offline account to play your mods. :)

I understand that modding on-line games is the easiet way of cheating so has to be banned for multilayer, got me thinking1, this mean there never be 3PD?2, Illegal for home brew addons / mods too?

1, this mean there never be 3PD?
most likely yes.. unless restricted by strict definitions of do and don'ts..

MS has been against modding of any of their live games in the past.
Fallout 3 is a LIVE game.It has been modded to there and back again.I'm just saying... it's not impossible, it's not 'banned'.

I was just thinking that about Grand theft auto IV, which has also been modded from heck and gone.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

MS.. you nasty guys.. why putting .model extension to model files and therefore confusing us with CATIA?It took me long enough to figure out what the point was.. and modifying file header so it can't be converted to .SMD? :)Well, here it is, imported to 3Ds Max 9... Icon A5

Fallout 3 is a LIVE game.It has been modded to there and back again.I'm just saying... it's not impossible, it's not 'banned'.
The developers encourage it. Huge difference.
I was just thinking that about Grand theft auto IV, which has also been modded from heck and gone.
GTA 4 is not checksumed to death and Rockstar doesn't care or do anything to prevent it.MS Flight is checksumed on purpose to make the joe average user is not able to reverse engineer or modify their product and can ban your account if caught.. Like just getting VAC banned on Steam in a way. :)Sako looks like he is just having some good old exploration fun and knows what he is doing. Unless Microsoft shuts down MS Flight what Sako is doing isn't really going to benefit anyone as a whole.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

MS.. you nasty guys.. why putting .model extension to model files and therefore confusing us with CATIA?It took me long enough to figure out what the point was.. and modifying file header so it can't be converted to .SMD? :)Well, here it is, imported to 3Ds Max 9... Icon A5
This is exciting stuff, keep it up!

Nice to see, good stuff

Well, here it is, imported to 3Ds Max 9... Icon A5
Looks like you got a mesh.What was the format, out of interest?Any part names, animations?