Sign in to follow this  
jwk737

some small sdk puzzle left

Hi all!First off, most of my mip, that is all annunciators en most of the switches and flips, work perfectly now using the SDK. Great job, pretty straight forward, efficient, although I needed to recollect the simconnect stuff :). Three puzzles left for me right now, I do appreciate any suggestions.1. The Eng and SYS switches cycle both when pressed (EVT_MPM_MFD_SYS_BUTTON, parm=1) AND when released (EVT_MPM_MFD_SYS_BUTTON, parm=0)2. Can't figure the gear out. EVT_GEAR_LEVER, EVT_GEAR_LEVER_OFF, EVT_GEAR_LEVER_UNLOCK none of them seem to do anything at all :(3. CDU keys, can only use them once in the live time of the plane. Meaning they do work once after reloading the plane, can go to the climb page, crz, but never can go back to the clb. No matter if I do release the keys, e.g. SDK.PMDGEvents.EVT_CDU_L_CRZ, parm=0 or not.Oh, I am using the SimConnect_SetClientData method so send the events control block.Again, all the other mip switches and flips and rotaries are working ok, any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks,Johan Knol

No replies yet :( but if this helps others, I figured some things out:1 - push buttons must be programmed as toggle buttons, the first push sends true (1) the next push sends false (0). This implies that it is not state-less, if I reload the plane, the first push can be lost ....? So I added a SIMCONNECT_RECV_ID_SYSTEM_STATE check for aiplane change and reset2 - no solution yet3 - two fold, after sending a control.event, wait for a 0 return before sending the next. It says so somewhere in the example, and its true ;), forgot that though. Then the same as 1 applies, program them as toggle buttons.So all of my mip switches and annunciators are ok now, apart from the gear handle (with three switches) itself.Btw, I used an IOWarrior56 in matrix-switch mode and the leds connected directly, programmed using a pmdg C# wrapper.HTH,Johan Knol

FWIW, you might be better off using ticket system for this kind of queries. Not many of the NGX users program any interfaces I guess...

I hate it when google sends me to unanswered questions, so to spare you one ...Also nr. 2 is now solved. Got a response via a pmdg ticket within 24 hours in the weekend (thanks again guys!). Don't send 1,2 or 3 as suggested by the MAIN_GearLever variable to EVT_GEAR_LEVER, but the mouse events MOUSE_FLAG_LEFTSINGLE resp. MOUSE_FLAG_RIGHTSINGLE to EVT_GEAR_LEVER and MOUSE_FLAG_LEFTSINGLE to EVT_GEAR_LEVER_OFF for gear down, up and off.HTHJohan Knol