Sign in to follow this  
mattius

Moving Flight Installation to another Drive?

I installed MS Flight to An external SATA Drive as specs suggested a 10-30gb HD space. The install is <3gb. I therefore want to move the game on my drive C:. Is there any way to move the install without uninstalling & having to d/l the program again without upsetting windows Live settings in registry or messing other trhings up? I know that just moving programs causes registry problems.Any help would be gratefully received, Thanks!

I installed MS Flight to An external SATA Drive as specs suggested a 10-30gb HD space. The install is <3gb. I therefore want to move the game on my drive C:. Is there any way to move the install without uninstalling & having to d/l the program again without upsetting windows Live settings in registry or messing other trhings up? I know that just moving programs causes registry problems.Any help would be gratefully received, Thanks!
You can move Flight to any drive, but other subquestios in your post I don't know.Move without uninstalling? dont'know.Without Upsetting windows Live settings in registry? don't know either, some paths are written to registry keys, and quite probably to some other files.There are several threads here on how to move Flight, but if I recall correctly, none address those two subquestions.Keep in mind that < 3gb is the initial install, there will be many more DLC packages in the future.

Is there any way to move the install without uninstalling & having to d/l the program again without upsetting windows Live settings in registry or messing other trhings up? I know that just moving programs causes registry problems.
Hey,I moved flight successfully, but I did have to dig in the registry. Basically, just moving the directory works fine. It'll play fine. But if you want Games For Windows Live Marketplace to recognise it, which inevitably you will for future updates (although it doesnt matter for DLC, since that installs to a completely different place (although I'm not that keen on the idea of 600+ mb content packs sitting in my appdata directory personally)), you'll need to dig around in your registry.The easiest way is to do a search for the original install path, because its a pretty random directory name, seemingly. (mine was [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionGameUXGames{AC88CB43-0850-F134-CB04-8D38403E77B3}], if it helps (I dunno if that ID is Flight specific)). There you'll find a key with the full path. Just change it to the new drive, and it'll work directly from Marketplace.