Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

It's good to fly with friends

formation.jpgJosh Kemp in the C337, Spirit Flyer in the V Tail and me in my lovely RV7formation2.jpgJosh is a hard one to keep up with! Hey Stephen, I can see right up your skirt! :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Thats awesome!Vatsim or regular gamespy??Also how do you maintain formations throttle wise???Speed matching?

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

EDITED BY MOD

Edited by Superpilotv2
Picture in subsequent post

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Thats awesome!Vatsim or regular gamespy??Also how do you maintain formations throttle wise???Speed matching?
We were on AVSIM's server. Maintaining formations is something we are still coming to terms with! Lots of aarplane wrangling. Nail%20Biting.gif

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Me likes. Cool...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

We were on AVSIM's server. Maintaining formations is something we are still coming to terms with! Lots of aarplane wrangling. Nail%20Biting.gif
Oh I see thanx Ron!I'm surprised there isn't an a feature or addon for speed matching.Guess it would be alot easier with the same planes on the same altitude and throttle %.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

actually formation flying isn't that difficult to do.. 1. start with slower planes first, it does get difficult when doing it with f-16's but with GA not that bad2. determine who has the fastest plane, then make that person the leader. if all about the same, then just pick a leader3. the leader then goes sets an altitude and 20-30 kts below max. airspeed. so if you normally crz at 150 kias, crz at 130 or so.. make sure though that whatever the leader cruises has to be SLOWER then the slowest plane in the group4. use your a/p to hold alt.5. now announce your speed and heading and alt to the rest of the group6. the others adjust accordingly..they play catchup at this point. so you can go all full bore until approaching the leader, then start to slow up and call out your slot, above right, above left, etc etc7 and then tweek slowly with throttle to stay in "formation"for those of you that haven't tried this.. give it a whirl.

Ciao!