Sign in to follow this  
MrBenevolent

All quiet on the RealAir front? Anything new in the works?

Flew my Turbine Duke for the first time in a while today, having neglected her of late for the somewhat heavier charms of the NGX...Was nice to see that even after flying the NGX, the Duke still stands out as a phenomenal FSX plane - a class act from nose cone to tail and my favourite FSX GA by a country mile.I just popped on to the RealAir website and there doesn't seem to be much happening there recently - anyone here know if the team have got anything new cooking?Suffice to say if they have, I will be queuing up to give them my cash...

I also would like to hear RealAir future projects.

I would be happiest man, if RealAir would do a beech king air. :(

Carenado is close to releasing their BE9L (c90):http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't think it's "lite," I'm sure it will just like their P46T as far as fidelity goes. I mean there's no failures etc etc but it should be a complete product.I really wish Flight1 would continue work on the BE20 that they started (the one from aeroworx).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I love me some Carenado GA - I have 5 or 6 of theirs in my hanger...Still, there is just something about that Duke that puts it a cut above anything from Carenado IMHO.

I check their website about once a week hoping for something new in the "coming soon" department... been disappointed for a long time.

I dont mid what is comming next. Card will be ready because Realair is just that cut above the rest... so whatever it is it will find a place in my hanger.

Hello All,Sorry to have been a bit quiet about future projects. We're well into development of the Lancair legacy as our next release. We don't like to shout too loudly about new projects until we are sure they are up to the standard we prefer. The Legacy will be a kind of natural progression from our Marchetti SF260 (5 successive versions over ten years). It has a similar bubble canopy, is very light weight, climbs at well over 2,000 fpm and has a very high power to weight ratio, capable of indicated speeds approaching 250 knots and similar true airspeeds in cruise at altittude. It can be thrown about the sky with ease and will be a good flyer both manually and under autopilot. We're making this a no-frills aircraft which is fun to fly, but also useful for navigation, local flying, limited aeros, and will have all the usual RealAir refinements such as spins, sideslip, inertia/buffet effects and some new innovations.After that we intend to do the aircraft that many customers have requested. Not the King Air, which is being covered by other developers, but a standard Cessna training/touring aircraft that we've always intended to do as a complete project (not just the flight model we released many years ago), but never quite got around too.All the best,Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Great to hear from you Rob. And I like the news about your upcoming product. the Lancair Legacy is a beautiful machine. I am also very pleased with the announcement of a Realair Cessna. Very nice. Consider both sold.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Lancair is covered by other developers as well. Though I unistalled it without even one flight, so when I heard Lancair, I just remember my wasted 30 euros...