Sign in to follow this  
flightex

airplane not configured properly - copilot issues

Helo,I've got problem with copilot who constantly during engine start flow says "plane not configured ......." and procedure to start engine is off.I did double check of all checklists but still can not force copilot to run the engines.Therefore I listed couple of questions? There is lack of this kind info in the manual.1. Is there a way to check which point of captain flow or procedure is done incorectly or is missing?2. Does it required to follow and execute all points from the captain's flow (pre-flight, before start) in other to run engine start procedure by co-pilot?3.Everytime during "before start procedure-CDU preflight" I got info back that I should probably double check this point. Does it mean that I'm doing something wrong? Apart of this info I can run the procedure to the end.I also noticed that take off speeds are not announced properly by copilot during TO (I did everything what is directed in manual refering to "host airplane settings". i.e.V1 is announced a way to early (about 40kts) next info is when reaching 80kts and after that there is no further info about V2,Vr coming from co-pilot.

Another user has similar issues.Please do exactly this in the exact order, then fly again using the manual.Steps:1. Load FSX2. Switch to the Trike (if the Trike is not the default plane).Note: If the NGX is the default plane, then change FSX so the Trike is the default plane loaded.PMDG says the NGX should never be the default plane as it can cause issues if it is... On stock FSX installs, the Trike is the default aircraft (the one initially presented in the free flight screen).3. After the NGX loads, load the PMDG "Cold and dark Panel" state via the FMC. Do not use your own Panel State.4. Open the FS2Crew Panel.5. Follow the flows. (And don't load any more panel states and don't try changing window resolutions, etc... keep it as simple as possible).I suspect the problem is:1. PMDG 737 NGX is your 'default' aircraft.2. You're loading a cockpit panel state *after* turning on FS2Crew.3. You're loading a custom saved panel state and not an original PMDG one.Let me know if that helps.Best,

Unfortunatelly I have used this settings all the time before.So, NGX is not my default plane and I am using only cold and dark state panel. That means the prloblem lays somewhere else.The question is where?Thanks for a replay.BestHelo againI even noticed that when I am doing something wrong purpesly during i.e preflight checklist and when copilot is asking about window hit (whether it is on or off) I turned it off but the answer is "window hit on". I am not sure is it only my problem or application was done not exectly ready to use.I have noticed many this kind of contradictory issues in the program.best

Here's another thing to try...This I'm pretty sure solves the issue some users reported where the Clickspot would not work in the VC Cockpit...In the FSX Setting Menu - Aircraft Options, there is a option called "Load Aircraft by default into the 2D or VC" cockpit."MAKE SURE "2D COCKPIT" IS SELECTED IN THIS MENU. NOT VC.Let me know if that solves your issue. It might... aircraft like the NGX are very sensitive to way they are loaded.

Helo,I've got problem with copilot who constantly during engine start flow says "plane not configured ......." and procedure to start engine is off.3.Everytime during "before start procedure-CDU preflight" I got info back that I should probably double check this point. Does it mean that I'm doing something wrong? Apart of this info I can run the procedure to the end.
I am having the EXACT same problem. I usually just fire the engines up myself and get on with it. I can't figure out what it is in the CDU that he doesn't think is configured correctly.

Helo,I've got problem with copilot who constantly during engine start flow says "plane not configured ......." and procedure to start engine is off.I did double check of all checklists but still can not force copilot to run the engines.Therefore I listed couple of questions? There is lack of this kind info in the manual.1. Is there a way to check which point of captain flow or procedure is done incorectly or is missing?2. Does it required to follow and execute all points from the captain's flow (pre-flight, before start) in other to run engine start procedure by co-pilot?3.Everytime during "before start procedure-CDU preflight" I got info back that I should probably double check this point. Does it mean that I'm doing something wrong? Apart of this info I can run the procedure to the end.I also noticed that take off speeds are not announced properly by copilot during TO (I did everything what is directed in manual refering to "host airplane settings". i.e.V1 is announced a way to early (about 40kts) next info is when reaching 80kts and after that there is no further info about V2,Vr coming from co-pilot.
I am having the EXACT same problem. I usually just fire the engines up myself and get on with it. I can't figure out what it is in the CDU that he doesn't think is configured correctly.
Hi Guys, By default the NGX has to load the 2d panel not the 3d panel, this has been the cause of some issues so far.In the fsx menu select default cockpit view to 2D2d.JPG

Hi Guys, By default the NGX has to load the 2d panel not the 3d panel, this has been the cause of some issues so far.In the fsx menu select default cockpit view to 2D2d.JPG
You think this will help with the FO not being able to start the engines ? I thought this was for users who were not getting the clickspot in the VC ?? I still wish there was some way to find out what the FO thinks is not configured correctly in the CDU, which is why I believe he is not wanting to start the engines.

Yes, it may help.It has to do with the way the NGX loads and initializes.Just please try and see if the issue goes away.
Ok, I will change that setting first thing before I fly again and let you know about the engine starts. Thanks for the input. I am really digging the FS2Crew for NGX and I have never used FS2Crew at all ! I am not worried about a few bugs here and there, that is part of the evolution of the software.

Hi,My problem was solved. It appeard that I did not installed sp1c to my ngx. Everything becouse there was no info on pmdg website that sp was released. Manual referred to sp1c but I couldn't find it on the pmdg therefore I thought that there is some kind of a mistake and sp1b is the latest one. Nevertheless now all listed above problems dissapeard.Unfortunatelly exeprienced new problem with fspax. It doesnt work with fs2crewByork is it possible to do something with this before hotfix is to be released?And question about realizam of the fs2crew. Currently when I am doing checlist and i.e FO is asking whether windows hit is on or off I set it to off but the answer is that windows hit is set to on. Is that a mistake or the software does not recognize such situations.bestR.

My problem was solved. It appeard that I did not installed sp1c to my ngx
Yes, not having SP1C installed was the source of 99 percent of the major problems.In SP1 (FS2Crew), we're making sure users have SP1C. The Config Manager will send you a warning if it's not installed.
And question about realizam of the fs2crew. Currently when I am doing checlist and i.e FO is asking whether windows hit is on or off I set it to off but the answer is that windows hit is set to on. Is that a mistake or the software does not recognize such situations.
FS2Crew checks the significant switch positions, but not every single one.