Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Textures slow loading after change of view

Game is fine with minor texture lod detail noticed at start upbutif I switch to some way off Tower view where you see some stupid blurry mountain for more than a few seconds then switch back to a more normal plane view, the ground textures are pretty much gone.I get water only then land texture VERY slowly draw in. Takes about 1:30 minute of just sitting in one spot for the ground to look proper again.See pic progression of what I get below.jUzcaaNV86N13.jpgjHMBNAMnVcNim.jpgjDAi2fO1XWthR.jpgj4OSH5EhffjEe.jpgAlso below, is this a normal vanilla FSX texture?jvPibnxQNM3u1.jpg

Have the same issue with certain views. Probably just another FSX bug...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

someone correct me if I'm wrong but textures only reside in ram for a few seconds then they'll need to be read off the hdd all over again, which is why you can switch to spot vew for a couple seconds and back to the VC with zero load times but after about 8 seconds there will be some draw time when you return to the vc.What you have there is unacceptable though. That needs to be fixed!Is this a new installation? Did you install the service packs?

Looks to me like running on a low end system or running with settings oo high on a medium system. What are your system specs?Yes service packs may help. Limiting framerates may also help. If your system is good enough, using the usepools=0 tweak will help.A higher setting in the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT= part of the fsx.cfg can improve this, but sometimes at the cost of smoothness.Some have noticed improvements after a good defrag and disk potimise too, especially with photoscenery.Blurries is almost always a result of fsx paying catchup beacuse it can't load the textures fast enough.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

This is normal (ish) behaviour. When you switch view to a distant tower perspective, you're forcing FSX to load a different set of textures to the ones you are flying over, by then switching back, its having to start all over again.FSX only loads the highest resolution textures directly around you aircraft, with decreasing steps the further away you get, and at times the terrain system struggles to keep up, esp. with fast aircraft, let alone vast changes of view and distance.You may get a better response to view changes by setting a frame rate limit, to something like thirty... but it all depends on the power of your system as to how quickly it will recover... a minute thirty seems quite slow, so you're clearly stressing your system too much..As for those textures... yes, those are normal for default... horrible aren’t they?

This is normal (ish) behaviour. When you switch view to a distant tower perspective, you're forcing FSX to load a different set of textures to the ones you are flying over, by then switching back, its having to start all over again.As for those textures... yes, those are normal for default... horrible aren’t they?
Seems I may of had a hardware glitch because ever since I turned off and restarted my PC the texture loading time is a much more normal 10 seconds or so for the textures to fill back in. A warm PC Restart did not fix the issue.Yeah those textures are what prompted me to try the Orbx scenery demo. Orbx looks outstanding but the frame rate hit is huge.(pics at link)I would of thought the HD textures would be video card heavy only and not effect my 6970 and frame rate nearly as much as it did.

Yeah, its a good idea to reboot from time to time, esp. if you tend to leave your PC on 24/7... ten seconds is certainly more normal for a dual core CPU with extreme view switching and your graphics card should cope just fine.Re: Orbx... I don't suffer poor performance with their scenery, and in fact get very similar results to the default... detailed airports and cities can and do give less, but there is so much more on display over default, so it worth taking some loss.I was getting some fluctuation with an 'unlimited' frame rate, but these show how close it is... and Orbx is SO much better looking.All settings the same - Max Autogen and Scenery Complexity.Default Darrington area3492.jpgOrbx8431.jpg