Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

if you don't know where to fly

That's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing

I first thought 'what would I do with that?' but it's actually a very good idea to catch those four conditions and give a route. Thanks for the HU.

This is a great idea. Good find. I am often wanting to practice my instrument flying in the simulator but tend to stick to a handful of airports that I am familiar with. This will allow me to spread my wings a bit more and practice in IMC at other places in the country without having to manually muck with the weather myself. The only problem though is sometimes, even with ASX, the IMC conditions in the real world do not translate to a great visual depiction of those conditions in FSX.

Those are the live conditions. So you can just load the rw weather via the default FSX implementation I guess.

I remember seeing this a long time ago, but forgot about it. I see they have done a lot of work making it better. Thanks for posting the link.

It's a good idea... but the weather changes so frequently the IFR flights probably won't be IFR all day. Unless you fly in Duluth. We get fog that lasts for days on end...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

For airliner flights, use Flightaware.com highlight "Live Flight Tracking", then select "Random Flight" It will select an actual flight currently enroute with it's flight plan.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d