Sign in to follow this  
propkop2k2

FSearthTiles Updated Version

I found that my G.....LE service url does not work anymore.

Any has a working one ?

Edit the Fsearthtiles.ini file and enter the correct url for each service.

The correct web address for each one is floating around on the net, you just need to search for them. I cannot supply the file with the correct address as you really need permission to use the services. :wink:

You can get more info about this from the original developers page on fspassengers.

Whatever you do, do not replace this file with an older version you may find. The new file has a few new entries.

Be careful with the google service, unless you don't mind the google watermark on your landscape when flying around.

Cheers

Thanks for your hard work on this, with the new selection feature and the Spanish service.

Perhaps a stupid mistake on my part, but I can't get rid of the message:

SceneryCompiler resampleFSXSP2.exe in FSEarthTiles directory is missing!

when I start a run with the Compile option. I had no such message in previous versions.

Needless to say, I have a copy of resampleFSXSP2.exe in the Working Folder

Petraeus

The exe needs to be in the same directory as the rest of the programs files and not in the working folder, i.e in the same directory as fsearthtiles.exe

The exe needs to be in the same directory as the rest of the programs files and not in the working folder, i.e in the same directory as fsearthtiles.exe

Yes indeed. Thanks.

Petraeus

Hi there but mabay im a little dum but were do i find the resampleFSXSP2.exe ? en where i put this? sorry i am Dutch.....

Greetings Arnold

Sorry is er a good working ini somewere to find ? So i can copie thad one. Now i can get it working at al. Now i am using Tileproxy but the scenery is very blury

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your work in updating this program :clapping:

I have recently encountered a problem though, and wonder if you can help?

I am using G****E map version 110, but my downloads do not match what is showing in FSET. An example ..... this is what I get when downloaded:

This detail from FSET shows that this area has been lightened considerably, and would be an improvement:

The problem is that every time I download it, the result still looks like the original dark image from an earlier map version.

Any ideas?

Dave.

I am using G****E map version 110

The current version is 112.

Petraeus

Petraeus,

Thank you - I am now using 112 too,

Unfortunately, the download still produces the same result :bad:

Dave.

Dave

The final output is a two stage process. Either it is failing when the initial bitmap is created in the working folder, or it is failing when it is converted with the FSX SDK.

Clear out your working folder, run it again, have a look at the created bitmap file and verify if it is correct. If it is correct then see if resample.exe is actually running and creating the bgl file. It should show a console window running for a few seconds or more, depending on the size of the image.

How do the tiles look when you zoom in with FSET to the same zoom level as you are downloading. Some tile servers use different age imagery at the various zoom levels, so it might look good when zoomed out but revert to the old dark image when zooming in.

Hi Mark,

It is failing at the creation of the bmp - resample then runs correctly to create the bgl.

I have jusr re-run a portion of the original again at Zoom 1. The bmp looks like this:

As you can see, it is VERY dark and unusable in its' present form. In FSET at Zoom 1 , it looks like this:

Obviously some kind of colour correction has been performed, and although still very poor, it could be used until a better image becomes available.

The co-ordinates are visible in the picture - would it be possible for you to try those yourself to see what output you get?

Dave.

Dave,

Mine comes out the same as in FSET.

Two things.

First FSET draws a bounding box of your selected area with a shaded transparent fill, this will lighten any image displayed on the screen. Zoom out a bit and you will see what I mean.

Second. In the Fsearthtiles.ini file there are two parameters "Brightness" and "Contrast". Values less than 0 will darken the image, greater than 0 will lighten them. Values of zero will leave the image unchanged. You could play with these to alter the image to your liking. I think the original programmer set these to darken the image quite a bit. Mine are both left at zero.

Hi Mark,

I understand about the bounding box, but I had not considered the Brightness and Contrast settings in the ini file- by default mine were set at -6.00 and +12.00

I changed both of these to 0 and redownloaded, but the bmp and bgl still do not look the same as the image in FSET. In this pic, I show the same area in FSET but outside of the bounding box, together with the new download image.

It still seems to me that the colours of the image in FSET are different to what is being downloaded. There is more detail and more green in FSET.

I will try to find a more obvious example than this one, if it will help.

Dave.

Dave

I just redid the area in your last image. My final bitmap is identical to your FSET screenshot.

Have a look at the individual jpg's in your cache folder, maybe clear it out and do a small area again. Compare these to what your bmp looks like.

As a last resort do a very small area and post the original file here so I can compare on my side. It's hard to see from screen shots.

I tend to shy away from Google images, they stick that irritating watermark on eveything now.

Is there any way I can compile the edited (color correction'ed) BMP files directly? Using resampleFXS2.exe? If yes, how to use it?