Sign in to follow this  
propkop2k2

FSearthTiles Updated Version

Thank you propKop. I finally got Bing to work using fiddler. There was a heck of alot of things I had to change to make the file string work. I managed to download some map files and they work fine.

Now my only problem is that fsearthtiles will not work unless fiddler is running.

WHO KNOWS what it is doing to make Bing maps work.

I will give my brain a rest for awhile and then try to figure that out later.

Thanks again for all of your efforts assisting me.

-Stampee

Hi, I have a problem,

FSET does not creating BGL File anymore :/ only the bmp (image), please help

thanks in advance :)

Hi, is there a way to load an historical sattelite picture of the google map server ? I mean when I look at google earth I would like to have the 2006 version (no clouds) rather than the 2011?

Etienne

Hello nobody knows? Maybe it isnt possible after all?

Would an hack works ? aka extracting the current picture the usual way, then replacing the extracted bitmap with screenshot taken from google earth using the "past" button? this seems hard to do.

Etienne

Anyone knows the settings for the current Google server ?

I have tried several scripts but nont of them is working.

I want to make a background for Enfidha airport Tunesia and VE / Bing are not sharp eneough and the bit map has a lighter and darker part.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Is there a working link where I can download newest version?

Cheers

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Some users on the Italian forums have mentioned an error "You have excluded the whole area!" when using a KML file. This is the correct behavior if you do not create a polygon called area. This polygon is used to select all the tiles that you want to download. Any tiles outside this region are not downloaded. Obviously if you don't create the polygon, the program will not find any tiles to download. This is a better way of using the program as opposed to drawing a block and drawing a bunch of exclude zones.

I'm having trouble with this error message 'You have excluded the whole area!' myself. I've created an AreaKML.kml file containing the coastlines and some reservoirs for Jersey island in the UK channel islands. The kml file shows up in FSET quite properly.

If I create a separate area.kml file then FSET only loads that and not my water transparency AreaKML.kml :S

If I include a polygon called area within the AreaKML.kml file then FSET only sees that and not the transparency polygons...

How can I get FSET to not give me this error message please?

Thanks K

EDIT: I discovered that in my first test I had only saved the area polygon to the AreaKML.kml file which is why only that showed up :rolleyes: However, whilst I am getting FSET to compile now, it will only do so in snap=off mode. If I try to set snap to tiles or LOD13 the selected area turns orange and won't let me compile :( Any ideas?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Kevin,

Stick to using snap=off.

The old version used to enlarge the area that is eventually processed based on the snap mode selected. So using LOD13 it would enlarge the area until the LOD13 boundaries would just cover whatever area you initially selected.

With the newer version any tiles outside the area polygon are ignored anyway so the snap mode serves no purpose really.You will just end up with bigger files with the same imagery.

You will probably notice that the imagery inside your kml polygon was not orange, only the area outside of it should have been, it should still compile though.

I am so frustrated right now.

Yesterday after a long time I used FSearthtiles and downloaded Meribel and checked it within FS9 and FSX both and it was working.

So I went ahead and deleted Meribel and took a larger area covering Courchlevel too. The area was pretty huge 54 nm x 30 nm.   The total converted is 1.5 GB @1m.

Now the frustrating part. That scenery is not displayed even in FSX or FS9. This is on both the laptop and the desktop.

Damn that think took me around 15 hrs of downloading.

Any help ?

And BTW I use this 1m photo in X plane 10 with FS2xplane and it shows up.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Im trying to create a mask for the coast 

Ive tried to create  two polylines with all the program versions below

Fset version 1.0

Fset version 1.03b   latest

google earth 4.2 beta 

google earth  7.0

here what ive done so far

create two polylines (paths) Coast & DeepWater  

then save as AreaKML.kml   in  the FSET work folder

exactly as per the doc instructions

both polylines show up in FS earth tiles 1.03b when created in google earth 4.2 beta  

when you import the k button

but it gives me the following error and wont start ??

You have excluded all tiles or have not defined a polygon named area if using a KML file!

can anyone help regarding this ???

I would be really greatful for any help

as i would like to create a kml file for the coast

so as to avoid downloading the blank white tiles thar show up near to the coast

thanks 

123.jpg

you need to include a poly in your areaKML.kml called "area" which covers your intended scenery area that's all :P

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

hi kevin

thanks for you quick reply

do u mean draw a (big loop)  polygon    around all the area shown in the window

and name it area ??

or draw another polyline   big loop ??

ok just drawn a big polygon loop

and excellent now its working :rolleyes:

thanks for your help

Hi All.

I was pointed to FS Earth tiles by someone on the OrBX Forum. I am trying to update London and overlay FTX England and VFR London X with up to date buildings. To do this I need to compile an area over London. I have the KML file however the problem I have is that when I open FSET I see no picture displayed, I am assuming this is because I have the services set up wrongly. Is this right, can someone give me a hand?

Thanks guys.