Sign in to follow this  
ukflight

DU and Progress page times

Strange occurrence three times on the trot now. Set up flight correctly (at least I hope that is the case) but looking at the time to next waypoint on the DU or the timings on the Progress page the times are constantly cycling and cannot see why or how to stop them.Any ideas??

Hi, William,see my posting under http://forum.avsim.n...1c/page__st__50 In my case, consecutive updates seem to have corrupted my 737NGX installation. Uninstalled and re-installed, with just SP1c (the updates are comprehensive rather than incremental). No guarantee that this will work for you; it did, however, for me.RegardsSigmar StadlmeierLOWL, Austria

Thanks Sigmar - will do a completely fresh reinstall and hope for the best.

Did a complete reinstall and it was sorted. Had the same problem again and just reinstalled SP1c and that cured it again. Strange thing is it only seems to affect (for me) the 738 - all the other variants were normal.However - a new thing that seems to a problem arose the other day and has again today. See the screenshot. I would have expected the times on the progress page to be relative to the clock. The clock shows zulu - local time was 1308. The times on the progress page bear no relation.

Hi William,I had this issue when entering a wrong CRUISE TEMPERATURE ISA DEVIATION in the PERF INIT PAGE (after reading the tutorial #2 p. 139) : in LSK 4L, I entered the ISA deviation... but if you carrefully read the tutorial , you just have to enter the temperature (and deviation is calculated by the FMC).That was my mistake and I had same strange ETA like you...hope it helps ;-)Guillaume

------------------

Guillaume CHARRIER

Hi, Guillaume, Ryan and William,just for troubleshooting purposes: In my case it certainly was not an unusual ISA deviation - I did what I always do, usually roughly setting up FSX with the weather outside my window after consulting aviation weather charts by Austrocontrol for winds (I have a user account, as I do not only fly a sim :( ) and entered the required data into the FMC. The problem described by William happened once only, went away after a reinstall of the PMDG installer files (800/900, then SP1 for 600/700 compatibility, then 600/700, then straight to SP1c) and has not come back. I did a sim flight yesterday (LOWW-LTBA), deliberately changing weather en route and making the relevant entries in the FMC, and the ETA predicitions remained stable, made sense and were very accurate.Happy landingsSigmar Stadlmeier

@ Ryan - I can't be sure - I got caught out by that once but it may be twice now. :( @ Sigmar - you were on the button above which is why I was surprised to see it again - Ryan's suggestion is becoming closer to reality now. :( @ Guillaume - good name (same as mine en Français) and you have backed up Ryan - so we have the answer. :Whistle:How often do you get three wise men in a row. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Most interesting ... just "returned" from LTBA to LOWW, hit "pause" at some stage (to pick up my daughter at the nearby train station...) and continued thereafter. Found some strange indications on both the LEGS and PROG pages of FMC: Last waypoint indicated proper ATA, whereas next waypoint indicated a wholly unrealistic ETA (the 737 just does not need 8 hrs to cover 80 NM). Just look at the images provided: The 91 miles from VADEN to GOL (=Golyama) VOR cannot possibly take 8 hrs + ... and voila, once we pass GOL VOR, we see an ATA at GOL VOR of 1246 (UTC), rather than the unrealistic ETA of 2034 predicted before ... and so it went on and on, until a perfect autoland (both A/Ps engaged) at LOWW. Any ideas ... Ryan...?Sigmar Stadlmeier

All that time spent paused must have confused the algorythm. As long as it returned to normal...

Strange occurrence three times on the trot now. Set up flight correctly (at least I hope that is the case) but looking at the time to next waypoint on the DU or the timings on the Progress page the times are constantly cycling
UPDATE - as stated above the cycling stopped once SP1c had been reinstalled. Today it happened again on a 738 (it has always happened on a 738) and this time I decided to see what the result was on the others. Loaded exactly the same FP into the 736, 737 and 739 and everything was fine. Loaded back into the 738 and the problem returned. What can be causing the error so that it only affects the 738? Presumably everything the SP1c does in the 738 it also does in the 739 ?

FINAL UPDATE - problem is now solved. With the patient assistance of Ryan I have discovered that I made the cardinal mistake of not fully understanding the importance of pages 131 - 143 in Tutorial 2. Now that I have grasped the entry of winds and temperatures everything is sweet.

Mea culpa.

I have recently started having this issue.. and it seems that no matter what I do... it repeats.. what exactly is t he solution? (more detail perhaps)? I have already reinstalled and that hasnt seemed to be the fix as mentioned earlier..

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is HIGHLY annoying..

Brett Jennings

As I said in the post above you should read pages 131 - 143 in Tutorial 2. That sorted it for me and I haver not had the problem recur in 150+ flights I have done since then.