Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vilk

FSMetar help?

I've been trying to get this program to run but have encountered a problem. After installing it, I can open the program, d/l the metars from any of the listed sights but the program does not show me the Metars. According to the documentation, they should show up in my FSMetar folder as a .txt file but for some reason, mine show up as a .tmp file. Now this is why I cant read or use them. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I sent an e-mail to the author of the program but haven't heard back yet. Would really like to try this weather program out.Thanks in advance.Jim

Guest Vilk

how about changing "tmp" to "txt"? :)(or just opening the tmp in notepad)why would you want to, anyway?just curious...

The problem is that even though the metars d/l, it shows 0 (zero) metars loaded. that means I dont get any weather to show up in FS(:(

Guest Vilk

no good :)try changing the download server in the optionsor get the fix...fsmetar web page has a fix for a porked downloadfrom one of the supported servers

Same thing happens no matter which server I d/l from. I did open that metars.tmp file with notepad and can clearly see all the weather stations along with the info they provided. I just cant get FSMetar to see the info, LOL. I did d/l the fix and it made no change. FSMetar shows that I am connected to flight sim, shows FSUIPC (current version) and then shows 0 metars loaded. My search continues... sigh.Thanks for the help thus far Vilk, appreciate it.Jim

Guest Vilk

and what if you rename that tmp to txtand use the open file option from the menu?

Absolutely nothing! LOLSame deal, 0 metars loaded.ALthough when I did a d/l from VATSIM & tried to open it I got an error that said it could not read file.I've erased all traces of FSMetar & FSUIPC and reinstalled both of them. Still have the same issue, it just wont recognise the metars.My only thought now is I may have somehow got a corrupt d/l of it. I think I will get it again & see if that helps. I'm so frustrated with it at this point that I'm about to give up trying. It looked like a nice program but I'm wasting more time trying to get it to work than I am flying :-) I found a support site for it but most of it is in a foreign language, I couldnt figure out how to register to ask for help there.Thanks for trying Vilk. Jim

Guest Vilk

man, you must have been born under an unlucky star. i fire it off from quick launch, one-click, it does its job smart and quiet, everything on automatic, never had a problem... wish some payware were like that... great pity you can't get it to work.:(cheersvilkps.seen these?http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/fs...wnloads/FAQ.txtand the accreditation info?

Guest RobA

Try tyyping in the ICAO code for your departue airport before starting the sim. I did this and the program worked fine. Of course, this may not be the solution for you but what the hey. ;-)Best, Rob

Seen every FAQ, the PDF manual that came with it, the ream me's etc...read the web site & still no luck. Sent 2 emails to the authour but no reply.It's late, I will try again tomorrow.Thanks gents!

Guest Deadraque

I installed FSMetar and have another prob, I always get Run-time error 6 overflow when I try to download Ivao metars or Vatsim Metars, NOAA works but is long and has less stations and would like the IVAO one to work like I use in ServInfo. This error appears when it's decoding the metars, download and processing seem to work.Any idea someone? Thx

A run time error, (I think) refers to Visual Basic errors. Visual Basic is likely what was used to build this program. I think either in the PDF manual or the FAQ at the FSMetar web site gave a fix for this.

Guest Deadraque

The funny thing is that before the fix it worked :) So thx to tell me it is a VB error and checked the all those and had the COMDGL32.DLL that had a different size, all the rest where same so I geuss there was the little prob and overwrite it just now and seems to work. Thanks again!

Glad I can help you get it working.Now if only I could get it to work! LOLI did a fresh install & still had the same problem, it just keeps showing 0 metars loaded. The author did email me back but still doesn't recognise the metars. Could it be that maybe I installed the VB files wrong somehow? I did originally get the comdlg32.ocx, mxvbn60.dl,mscomctl.ocx,& msinet.ocx errors. I downloaded these files and from the start/run line "registerd" the files by typing regsvr32 c:windowssystem & then those file names (did each one seperately). A window came up telling me they were registered properly. Maybe I did this wrong somehow? Running Win98 SE if that helps any.Thx!Jim

Just a bump to see if anyone is willing to help me figure this out.I read an old thread (here on Avsim, did a search for FSMetar) when this program 1st came out & it talked about having to have an entry in the registry. Is this still something that needs to be done on the newest version? I haven't done the registry entry yet if it is necessary.No matter which server I get the metars from, the program will not load them. Thanks guys, I would really like to get this running.Jim