Sign in to follow this  
Tom Wright

New Aircraft Hint

Has anyone seen the extreme close up picture just uploaded to the Flight Facebook page hinting what an upcoming aircraft is?My guess is it's a DHC-2 Beaver.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I went and looked. I suspect your guess it probably correct. I really do despise Facebook though.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

could be. but unlike some folks on facebook even i can see it's not a jet ;-)

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Yeah, I loled when I read "A320" and "737" in the comments. :lol:

Yeah, I loled when I read "A320" and "737" in the comments. :lol:
Yep especially since they don't stop to mention airliners even after the first people pointed out that it's a prop. This must be the new audience MS tried to attack :-). No offense guys. Welcome on avsim!

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

ill pull out my credit card for a fully funtional DHC-2 Beaver with that pratt & whitney that as far as i can remember has just over 400HP and a GREAT STOL performance .May i say welcome to alaska???

Image removed as image is no longer available.

The engine seems to be pointing up so it's probably a taildragger. Hopefully it's a DC3 which will come in the "Journey to Alaska" pack.

Cue lots of 'cute beaver' jokes from the gamers.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

To be fair, my first thought was that it was a view of the arse end of a jet engine and I'm a bit gutted to think that it is probably just another single engine prop.

To me it looks like the nose of a beaver. Even thought IMO the spokes are short for the cowling and the spinner it big.But can also be soo wrongfsxkitty: has a point it seems the engine is pointing up, but it could also be the view angle chosen.

I was just wishing it was a Caravelle, but I know I'm wrong.

It's a street light!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I just hope it fills a different niche than the Maule, because I don't think they could release anything that would make me switch from that for bush flights.

I know what it is! Ha! But NDA. Anyways, nobody here has guessed correctly yet, but it will fit in well with the next DLC.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer