Sign in to follow this  
paj

restricted response to commands?

Hi,I'm new to using FS2Crew but I installed the Voice version without difficulty and managed to get the flows working (...but I'm still looking forward to the Tutorials).My main problem at the moment is uncertainty as to when I can issue ad hoc commands to the F/O.For instance, I've found the F/O ignores requests to perform most of the MCP and Overhead commands unless we are flying. After engine-start I tried issuing "set heading xxx", "flaps 5", "select wipers on", "Select Seatbelts Off", "Select Seatbelts On", "Select TaxiLight Off" etc etc but the F/O did not do any of these tasks despite the commands being understood (ie displayed correctly in the green status bar).In fact, with the F/O refusing to do most of my instructions I assumed he was broken/dead and there was something wrong with my FS2Crew installation. I was surprised when I tried these same commands in the air and they worked! Why don't simple instructions such as turning the wipers on work during earlier phases of flight? Am I doing something wrong? (probably)ThanksPeter.

Hi Peter,In SP1, I'm allowing users to set MCP commands (like "set heading 250) while on the ground, even though it's unrealistic because the MCP is the Pilot Taxiing's (that's you) area of responsibility based on Boeing SOP.As for the other commands working while in the air only.It's deliberate... FO controls everything you need on the ground anyway... but the bigger reason is because the speech recognition can detect unintended commands if you cough or something.So you could be taxiing, you might sneeze, and next thing you know the FO has turned the wipers on if there's no rain.So to reduce the possibility of this, I limited the conditions many of commands can work in to the periods where you'd actually use them.... namely, in the air.Hope that explains it.

Hi Bryan,Many thanks for that answer. It's a relief to know FS2Crew is working as designed.It's not obvious to me which FS2Crew commands are restricted and when they can be used and when they are disabled (did I miss it in the online documentation?)But could I still urge you to consider removing the restrictions on when certain commands work - even if as an option?I would find it tremendously helpful to be able to use at any time the available FS2Crew voice commands for the MCP, overhead, center console and FMC.I find the the speech recognition to be very good and, judging by commands detected on the FS2Crew "green status bar", any errors are few and would not outweigh the benefits of using a broader range of FS2Crew's commands.CheersPeter.

Bryani do agree with that would be nice to have total freedom with the FO on the ground perhaps a button to select FO ground operation that could be turned off and on for ground use in the config not sure how much work that would be to implement, if its an issue could simply use soft mute until you get to the holding point, cheersWayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K