Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Windows 7 "dingdong" every 10 seconds

Hi, Not a big problem but i have had this twice. Somewhere between Descent and Approach i get a "notice sound frome windows 7 you know the sound of when yoy are trying co close a program for ainstance every 10 seconds :-) )/Michael MoePS!Nothing is closing "behind" FSX as far as i can tell

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi,Not a big problem but i have had this twice. Somewhere between Descent and Approach i get a "notice sound frome windows 7 you know the sound of when yoy are trying co close a program for ainstance every 10 seconds :-) )/Michael MoePS!Nothing is closing "behind" FSX as far as i can tell
Make super-sure you are not starting Windows Speech Recognition at all and that Speech Recognition is not set to automatically start at Windows Bootup. It sure sounds like this is what's happening; if Speech Recognition is running it will interpret your voice phrases as Windows Menu commands, even when you are running FSX. Thus, the beeping you're hearing are possibly Windows Menus being opened and closed by your voice usage as your are running FSX. FS2Crew does not need Speech Recognition to ever be started again once you have properly configured your voice and microphone for the first time. FS2Crew automatically interfaces with Windows Speech Recognition system seamlessly in the background when you run FSX. So, if you were to manually start Speech Recognition or if it were running during FSX usage, it would attempt to open Windows Menus using your voice cues.

well i do not have it in the background so if i was this it would be a combination of a speech command or maybe keycommand to activate it. taskbar is not showing this btw so it might be something else ?Remember it only happened twice for me so not a BIG issue :-)/Michael M

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

A long shot but: Do you have EZDOK installed? When setting up the camera it makes those dings to remind you that it is waiting for you to define the position of the new camera. Maybe this is it?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

A long shot but: Do you have EZDOK installed? When setting up the camera it makes those dings to remind you that it is waiting for you to define the position of the new camera. Maybe this is it?
This is good possibly too, definitely. Ezdok most certainly does do an endless 'Windows ding sound' loop during camera positioning. I think the default edit switch for Ezdok camera positioning is the number 2 key on the numpad of your keyboard. Also, it could be another process running in the background possibly like your AV software updating or hitting a false positive on something. Not at all uncommon.

no antivirus installed and EZDOK is dinging every second btw. my issue is every 10 sec. but i havent had it for a while. might be something to do with oom maybe. That box did came up on the second time a while after.Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

If you have the latest version of FSUIPC, it is telling you you are getting low in VAS and FSX might OOM at any stage. It took me a while to figure it out what it was. I tested this over PNW a number of times. I found it great to have the warning, so I know to stay in the cockpit, no going to wing views, or external views, and I was able to land and finish the flight.

It is not a FS2Crew issue.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

If you have the latest version of FSUIPC, it is telling you you are getting low in VAS and FSX might OOM at any stage. It took me a while to figure it out what it was. I tested this over PNW a number of times. I found it great to have the warning, so I know to stay in the cockpit, no going to wing views, or external views, and I was able to land and finish the flight.

It is not a FS2Crew issue.

You'd be correct about FSUIPC warning of impending OOM. It happened today landing the PMDG T7 at PIS's RPLL which is quite an intensive scenery. I just built this PC too - i7 6700K running stock 4Ghz on a Corsair H75 liquid cooling, I have 32Gb DR4 and  GTX 970. WIndows 7 pro is on my Samsung 850Evo SSD and FSX on my HDD (space reasons - lots of add-ons). My last PC ran it without this warning, but I had FSX exe patched with the 4Gb patch. Perhaps that is needed? Or I'm being a bit too hard on my new system by expecting it to be able to handle sliders full on and/or the Virtuali addon manager keeps setting my FSX config to 4096 textures! I have to keep editing it down to 2048 (though I cannot see why 1024 isn't good enough). Time to go through Flight1's "Nick M's Bible" and get this new machine optimized. It was the one thing (aside from hardware) I haven't touched yet - today's flight was my 1st long haul test flight since building this baby. I knew it had to be something FSX related because the "bell" stopped when I hit P or if I went into the cockpit. SO I did some research to find that the latest FSUIPC gives us a warning. Great idea. 

You'd be correct about FSUIPC warning of impending OOM. It happened today landing the PMDG T7 at PIS's RPLL which is quite an intensive scenery. I just built this PC too - i7 6700K running stock 4Ghz on a Corsair H75 liquid cooling, I have 32Gb DR4 and  GTX 970. WIndows 7 pro is on my Samsung 850Evo SSD and FSX on my HDD (space reasons - lots of add-ons). My last PC ran it without this warning, but I had FSX exe patched with the 4Gb patch. Perhaps that is needed? Or I'm being a bit too hard on my new system by expecting it to be able to handle sliders full on and/or the Virtuali addon manager keeps setting my FSX config to 4096 textures! I have to keep editing it down to 2048 (though I cannot see why 1024 isn't good enough). Time to go through Flight1's "Nick M's Bible" and get this new machine optimized. It was the one thing (aside from hardware) I haven't touched yet - today's flight was my 1st long haul test flight since building this baby. 

Wow this post i made back then is from 2012  :wink:  Alot has come by since then.

FSX and 64bit W7 should be handling 4GB VAS but TML=1024 is always a good ideer with tubes like the PMDG777.

Now Prepar3DV3 has much much better graphics and better VAS management with even better performance (FPS) (about 5-600mb more VAS room) but you have to start all over with your wallet using PMDG products and maybe other (NOT RPLL though) (i gladly did)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Wow this post i made back then is from 2012  :wink:  Alot has come by since then.

FSX and 64bit W7 should be handling 4GB VAS but TML=1024 is always a good ideer with tubes like the PMDG777.

Now Prepar3DV3 has much much better graphics and better VAS management with even better performance (FPS) (about 5-600mb more VAS room) but you have to start all over with your wallet using PMDG products and maybe other (NOT RPLL though) (i gladly did)

Michael Moe

Just found this: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/71348-oom-warning-given-by-fsuipc/      From way back in 2012 as well! I have brought back my TML to 1024 and un-ticked the box in the FSDT and FlightBeam "Virtuali" addon manger to not force textures at all. Also I noticed that I have UT2 installed and the AI traffic percentage is too high sitting at 35% for airlines and GA. So I brought that down and will probably reduce my water effects to 2x Low per Nick's (and many other's) strong suggestion! If I'm getting this bell at RPLL, surely I will get it at FlightBeam's KSFOHD after a long haul. Mind you, I did fly in and out of the SFO bay area after installing it, but with the default Cessna 172! I'm sure there are many other areas I can save a lot more memory...As for P3D, I haven't taken the plunge yet but certainly considering it over the next year or so. 

Just found this: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/71348-oom-warning-given-by-fsuipc/      From way back in 2012 as well! I have brought back my TML to 1024 and un-ticked the box in the FSDT and FlightBeam "Virtuali" addon manger to not force textures at all. Also I noticed that I have UT2 installed and the AI traffic percentage is too high sitting at 35% for airlines and GA. So I brought that down and will probably reduce my water effects to 2x Low per Nick's (and many other's) strong suggestion! If I'm getting this bell at RPLL, surely I will get it at FlightBeam's KSFOHD after a long haul. Mind you, I did fly in and out of the SFO bay area after installing it, but with the default Cessna 172! I'm sure there are many other areas I can save a lot more memory...As for P3D, I haven't taken the plunge yet but certainly considering it over the next year or so. 

Remember there is a full month with money return policy i think for P3Dv3.

You have a pretty nice computer. P3DV3 can really push your videocard etc.

But again if you use FSX try DX10 with Steves DX10 fixer and use normal settings with longhauls and TML=1024.

Search for Dustowizer on youtube and see some P3Dv3 videos

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png